By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtracked 40k in the UK

You guys on here are just setting yourselves up to be shocked next year. We all know Smash and Kart are coming out but it's the combination of that and the fact that almost no games are coming out on the other two consoles next year. TItanfall looks cool, but its not going to move a bunch of units, considering that most of the consoles already sold were to shooter fans. People are going to be bored, Gamestop/Target/Wal-Mart are going to want to make money, and Kart/Smash graphically and gameplay wise are going to be the s**t. The Wii U had a nice launch too but the lack of games killed all the momentum they had within 3 months.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:

I've bought enough Nintendo consoles over the years. I'm allowed to step out of the game for awhile for one bad one.

Go on then, how many Nintendo consoles have you bought.  More or less than me?  If less, that means you have to go out and buy a Wii-U right this instant!

(P.S. My number is more than 1 but less than 10.  Your turn!)

I have 4 consoles and 2 handhelds and I'm not even a fan of Nintendo... I hope you both beat me hands down.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:

fallacies everywhere, so typical. you use the number 450% as if it meant something. even if we consider your still imaginary 2013 numbers, 450% of a low sales period is certainly achievable.

in the end, it's beyond laughable that you think 2014 will only have a small increase yoy over an already small number, and that's the year wii u will get mario kart, smash, dk, zelda and many others exclusives.

So those games will drive that increase? I see, interesting theory. I'm surprised you even know how to spell the word "fallacies", as you obviously don't know what it means and when to apply it, I am known for these "typical" fallacies in here.

A fallacy is a false truth. it applies perfectly to your 450%, as I already explained above.

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

I don't have one, actually I try and discuss sales with you and nothing else and you always flip out and change the subject, so I could aim the question at you but then I don't care for the answer anymore!

I agree with the bolded.

Why did you ask then? rofl.

What's gonna happen if/when black friday numbers come in and they're not what you're expecting?

(What are you expecting for curiosity sake?)

bolded: you didn't get it. look again.

You said what's your problem. I said I don't have one (a problem). You bolded it and said "I agree".

If I'm not getting it it's because you typed it wrong.

people keep digging out the uk and nintendo shouldn't bother but the wii sold 9m and the ds 13m in the uk which is plenty of customers/market for a country our size,

it must be the price and certain people waiting,the loyalists will always jump on early for their favourite gaming company but it looks like nintendo have lost the wii market dominance somehow from one gen to the next like sony did with the ps2 to the ps3,how could nintendo lose all that market dominance,it was arrogance with sony

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

fallacies everywhere, so typical. you use the number 450% as if it meant something. even if we consider your still imaginary 2013 numbers, 450% of a low sales period is certainly achievable.

in the end, it's beyond laughable that you think 2014 will only have a small increase yoy over an already small number, and that's the year wii u will get mario kart, smash, dk, zelda and many others exclusives.

Haven't you been going on and on that the Wii U would hit 10m this year?  When did 2013 sales turn into "a low sales period" or "an already small number"?  Why do you think a huge boost next year is certainly achievable and thinking otherwise is laughable when it looks like the huge boost you expected this year isn't going to come.

Zero999 said:

the wii u isn't expensive for it's specs and the gamepad is confortable = if someone doesn't want a wii u, it's not because of fake reasons. got it memorized?

did UK became the center of the Universe?

You are right. The Wii U is insanely expensive for its specs! I can get a brand new PS3 for 130 and it's only a tad less powerfull. Got it memorized?

To tell the truth, if Nintendo continues releasing kiddy, cartoony games, they may just as well pack their bags and leave the business while they still have money. When I look at the Wii U lineup, what do I see? What does the exclusive's lineup look like?

2D Mario, 2D Luigi, 3D Mario, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, LEGO City Undercover, Wonderful 101, Sonic Kart Racing game, Sonic 3D, Just Dance, Wii Party U, Scribblenaughts, Rayman, Game & Wario. What's coming? Oh, right! Yarn Yoshi, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, SSB... We just miss Kirby.

So... Yeah. Every single game is kiddy, childish and cartoony. All set in one tone, targeted at the same customer, who is clearly gone. I know these are good games, but there is just no variety! I can't find a single game that is targeted at me! Not a single real reason to get this console! And I've bought Wii as my first console this past gen! But I didn't buy it for the childish games (even though I've bought and enjoyed many of them). I've bought my Wii for Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime 3, CoD 3 (yeah, I prefer pointer controls in FPS over better graphics!), Red Steel 2, The Conduit, No More Heroes, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc., also many GCN ports that I've missed, like REmake, RE 0, Rogue Squadron 2 and 3, Eternal Darkness, MGS: Twin Snakes, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, etc. THAT is why I bought a Wii. These games are totally absent from Wii U. There is nothing on Wii U to attract the type of gamer that I am.

The only exception is Zombi U, which even though is just a mediocre game, still happens to be the 3rd best selling game on the platform! That should be a bloody signal for Nintendo, shouldn't it? It's the first game I'd buy if I had a Wii U right now.

If Nintendo dreams of Wii U ever starting to sell, they need to make many, many games targeted at the core gamer, like X, Bayo 2 (about which I don't care at all, but I guess there are people who like such games), SMTxFire Emblem. This is the thing though. I have just Zombi U right now, and so far the only other games anounced that I'd like to play are X and SMTxFE (nobody knows when they'll come out, maybe not even in 2014!) and probably Mario Kart (depending if I move and no longer have people to couchplay). These are the only games that excite me.

And before anyone mentions it, I (and 99% of gamers) couldn't care less about ports on Wii U. They can't hold a candle to the PS4/XO versions, are on par with PS360 versions, sometimes are even worse, and even in the rare cases when they are better, they don't justify the purchase of a $300 console, when you can play a much, much better version on a $400 console or stick to the console you already own.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:

So those games will drive that increase? I see, interesting theory. I'm surprised you even know how to spell the word "fallacies", as you obviously don't know what it means and when to apply it, I am known for these "typical" fallacies in here.

A fallacy is a false truth. it applies perfectly to your 450%, as I already explained above.

You are wrong... a fallacy is a logical mistake... to come to a false conclusion using right data.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Scisca said:
Zero999 said:

the wii u isn't expensive for it's specs and the gamepad is confortable = if someone doesn't want a wii u, it's not because of fake reasons. got it memorized?

did UK became the center of the Universe?

You are right. The Wii U is insanely expensive for its specs! I can get a brand new PS3 for 130 and it's only a tad less powerfull. Got it memorized?

To tell the truth, if Nintendo continues releasing kiddy, cartoony games, they may just as well pack their bags and leave the business while they still have money. When I look at the Wii U lineup, what do I see? What does the exclusive's lineup look like?

2D Mario, 2D Luigi, 3D Mario, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, LEGO City Undercover, Wonderful 101, Sonic Kart Racing game, Sonic 3D, Just Dance, Wii Party U, Scribblenaughts, Rayman, Game & Wario. What's coming? Oh, right! Yarn Yoshi, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, SSB... We just miss Kirby.

So... Yeah. Every single game is kiddy, childish and cartoony. All set in one tone, targeted at the same customer, who is clearly gone. I know these are good games, but there is just no variety! I can't find a single game that is targeted at me! Not a single real reason to get this console! And I've bought Wii as my first console this past gen! But I didn't buy it for the childish games (even though I've bought and enjoyed many of them). I've bought my Wii for Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime 3, CoD 3 (yeah, I prefer pointer controls in FPS over better graphics!), Red Steel 2, The Conduit, No More Heroes, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc., also many GCN ports that I've missed, like REmake, RE 0, Rogue Squadron 2 and 3, Eternal Darkness, MGS: Twin Snakes, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, etc. THAT is why I bought a Wii. These games are totally absent from Wii U. There is nothing on Wii U to attract the type of gamer that I am.

The only exception is Zombi U, which even though is just a mediocre game, still happens to be the 3rd best selling game on the platform! That should be a bloody signal for Nintendo, shouldn't it? It's the first game I'd buy if I had a Wii U right now.

If Nintendo dreams of Wii U ever starting to sell, they need to make many, many games targeted at the core gamer, like X, Bayo 2 (about which I don't care at all, but I guess there are people who like such games), SMTxFire Emblem. This is the thing though. I have just Zombi U right now, and so far the only other games anounced that I'd like to play are X and SMTxFE (nobody knows when they'll come out, maybe not even in 2014!) and probably Mario Kart (depending if I move and no longer have people to couchplay). These are the only games that excite me.

And before anyone mentions it, I (and 99% of gamers) couldn't care less about ports on Wii U. They can't hold a candle to the PS4/XO versions, are on par with PS360 versions, sometimes are even worse, and even in the rare cases when they are better, they don't justify the purchase of a $300 console, when you can play a much, much better version on a $400 console or stick to the console you already own.

bolded: big fat lie. the rest of the post is too surreal for me to care.

DonFerrari said:
Zero999 said:
Mummelmann said:
Zero999 said:

You are wrong... a fallacy is a logical mistake... to come to a false conclusion using right data.

He isn't wrong, he just didn't word it properly.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M