By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm a Nintendo fan and I just accepted that Wii U is N64 2.

Have you accepted ?

Yes =( 145 53.11%

No =( 41 15.02%

Ain't nobody got time for this 85 31.14%

Total:271
Soundwave said:

To be honest it looks more and more like Wii was just kind of like a break out motion game fad for Nintendo, there's a pretty clear trend in their console business otherwise ...

Wii U simply may be the continuation of what's been happening to Nintendo's console business for a long time now. 

5-6 years isn't a fad, it's a normal console lifespan.

Around the Network

my nickname is menx64 for a reason... bring it on!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
my nickname is menx64 for a reason... bring it on!!

You liked the Atari Jaguar?

curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:

To be honest it looks more and more like Wii was just kind of like a break out motion game fad for Nintendo, there's a pretty clear trend in their console business otherwise ...

Wii U simply may be the continuation of what's been happening to Nintendo's console business for a long time now. 

No it was a fad, the wii had mostly shovelware. Sales started tanking in 2010.....The wii is an anomoly, that chart shows it plain as day.

This is actually exciting news for everyone. It may lead to Nintendo publishing games on our favorite home consoles (XB1, PS4, or their successors etc).

That should be good news to everyone including Nintendo fans who have been sold a technically and graphically inferior console.

Around the Network

I mean ... just think of the devs. Now they have One und PS4 devkits around. And the Wii Us. I'm no programmer, but I can imagine devs want to push their titles with the hardware they have with PS4 and One. So where's the U in that matter as it might is the weaker console. I don't know - I wouldn't have wished it for Nintendo, I like them, but they failed at introducing the U properly first and now lack loads of hardware power compared to MS und Sony, which makes the U not very attractive for devs, too. The U can sure pull off great games, no doubt about it, but who will try looking at those numbers? It's devils circle already.

Panicnausia said:
curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:

No it was a fad, the wii had mostly shovelware. Sales started tanking in 2010.....The wii is an anomoly, that chart shows it plain as day.

Wii continued to sell throughout and after 2010. 5-6 years of life is normal for a console. A fad would have fizzled out in 2009.

I....don't see it. Like you said N64 was half a gen ahead, where WiiU is half a gen behind.

WiiU to me is like the gross baby of Wii and Gamecube. Weird controller (but for gamecube and Wii they were good), weak graphics (like Wii), focus on core games (like Gamecube) Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Wii Fit, and SM3dW are the first big games (just like for Wii).

It's not at all like N64, until I see a proper challegning and well developed Mario Party and a Mario Kart, I refuse to accept that...when I see a proper Mario Party & Mario Kart I'll accept it with open arms and have friends come over for SM3DW and beers instead of Mario Party 2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Super Mario 3D World looks so tempting that I almost ordered a Wii U, but I went to play it in the store today and I didn't really enjoy the demo :(. The gameplay seems so sluggish... I don't know if it's slowed down since I last played a good 3D Mario or my expectations of games have changed.

Maybe the GamePad just doesn't feel good to me. Playing on the small screen looks cool, but as a normal controller it feels too big, yet the X and Right Analog feel too cramped. I'm not sure Wii U is even as enjoyable as the N64 which had a great controller for the time :(.  Wasn't Mario 64 more fun than SM3DW?

My 8th gen collection

FrancisNobleman said:

With that said, if you are an hardcore occasional gamer, just a Wii U is gonna be fine for you. If you are an hardcore addicted son of a bitch without a life, you gonna need one more console, or PC to fullfil your gaming needs, because Wii U is just another N64.

If you're a hardcore occasional gamer you should probably stick with the last gen PS3/360 because it's cheaper and the library is 10X more fun than Wii U (right now).  GTA 4 & 5, Uncharted 2 & 3, MGS4, God of War 3/A, TLoU, SF4, ME3, RE5, DMC, Journey, LBP, COD4, GT5, Burnout Paradise, Heavy Rain, Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Colossus HD, Guitar Hero, Rockband.  If you actually like to play more than one or two games, the Wii U doesn't deliver.

If you're hardcore addicted then you will prob get a PS4/One, and then again have little to tempt to buy a Wii U too, except:

a) For those so hardcore that they have to play everything.  They will buy all consoles no matter what.
b) Nintendo fan who buys all Nintendo consoles no matter what.
c) For the kids.

My 8th gen collection