By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm a Nintendo fan and I just accepted that Wii U is N64 2.

Have you accepted ?

Yes =( 145 53.11%

No =( 41 15.02%

Ain't nobody got time for this 85 31.14%

Total:271

Not Gamecube 2, because GC was the most "normal" console by Nintendo. Quite comparable to other "classic" as in "dead boring same shit as always" consoles. N64  2, because like the N64, the Wii U is not quite in the same performance ballpark as the competitors. N64 was kind of half a gen ahead, Wii U is half a gen behind.

Both consoles came out with an interesting and different approach to what you have in your hands that was never used before as a main input for gameplay mechanics. 

N64 sold about 33 million ? And Wii U is set to sell the same ammount.

Both consoles had horrendous 3rd party support, which forced Nintendo to pump out collaborations with studios and push its own games to the platforms.

N64 was home to the first true FPS on consoles and a true 3D platformer done right.

Wii U will be home to something Nintendo will come up, that neither Sony or Microsoft can match with their tacked in tablet integration and Vita laggy stream.

With that said, if you are an hardcore occasional gamer, just a Wii U is gonna be fine for you. If you are an hardcore addicted son of a bitch without a life, you gonna need one more console, or PC to fullfil your gaming needs, because Wii U is just another N64.

The sooner you accept it, the faster you will reach inner peace, and enjoy the ride.

Around the Network

Good.

That would be nice

I don't think it'll sell as well as Nsixtyfo'

Then gimme mah' Wave Race!

Around the Network

The reason for my acceptance:

Knack just sold more than Mario 3D World. A game that has Mario on the title, and a high 90 on metacritic. It is gonna be on the top 10 list of games when this gen is done, and yet, knack is outselling it.

does that mean we'll get a new RareWare

That's a good thing. There were such awesome games on the 64, I don't need crappy games anyway.

Wave Race U .. bring it on.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I think at the end of the day the Wii U will sell slightly more than the N64 (40 million Wii U's by 2018).

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

FrancisNobleman said:
The reason for my acceptance:

Knack just sold more than Mario 3D World. A game that has Mario on the title, and a high 90 on metacritic. It is gonna be on the top 10 list of games when this gen is done, and yet, knack is outselling it.

That's only in the UK (the remaining EU numbers are not up). 3D Worlds outsold Knack in N.A 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"