By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm a Nintendo fan and I just accepted that Wii U is N64 2.

Have you accepted ?

Yes =( 145 53.11%

No =( 41 15.02%

Ain't nobody got time for this 85 31.14%

Total:271

When are people finally going to accept that atleast 70% of Wii's sold where bought by people who were only interested in Wii Sports/Wii Fitt/Motion controls? They were seen as a family play toy only, most buyers weren't gamers.

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
The reason for my acceptance:

Knack just sold more than Mario 3D World. A game that has Mario on the title, and a high 90 on metacritic. It is gonna be on the top 10 list of games when this gen is done, and yet, knack is outselling it.

Knack sales will fall off dramatically in a week or two.

Mario has legs... such long legs.

It will be a multi-million seller in the long run.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

To each their opinion but the wii u is nothing like any other Nintendo console.

If pushed one can say that they were bad implementations regarding both the N64 and the wii u.

The N64 was badly implemented in every way. A stupid game cartridge that cost developers a ton of money against a cheap to manufacture CD. Many 3rd parties couldn't be bothered because of this.

A CPU and co-processor that pretty much defeated the purpose of each other giving devs a big headache.

However Nintendo software and some 3rd parties kept it alive. It was slaughtered by the PS in sales and sheer number of games.

The wii u, a gamepad that drove up the cost of the system whereas keeping the hardware almost last gen. A gamepad that I am yet to see the true value of. Again, many 3rd parties couldn't be bothered because of this.

The wii got lucky. The consumer decided motion control was worth buying. They could just as easily gone the other way.

I thought the N64 sold 40m. I was wrong.

If it sells as well as the N64, and has as many high quality exclusives over the next three or four years, I'd be quite happy with it. But it's never going to be my only console, I'll own at least one portable and two home consoles that I use actively at any given time.