By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm a Nintendo fan and I just accepted that Wii U is N64 2.

Have you accepted ?

Yes =( 145 53.11%

No =( 41 15.02%

Ain't nobody got time for this 85 31.14%

Total:271
Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:

No it was a fad, the wii had mostly shovelware. Sales started tanking in 2010.....The wii is an anomoly, that chart shows it plain as day.

Wow, are you freakin serious? The Wii had a TON of great and revolutionary games that brought in people of all ages. What does the shovelware matter as long as it has good games to go with it? PS2 also had a ton of shovelware.

Talk about being in denial..

It also had more shovelware then any consoel ever.....the 2 are not mutually exclusive.

I would bet PS2 at least gets very close to that, if not surpasses it.

And again, WHO THE HELL CARES? Just ignore the shovelware and play the freakin goods ones! I never ever got the logic of dissing a console because of its bad games, WHEN IT HAS PLENTY OF GOOD ONES.

The endless creative ways you "hardcore" come up with to undermine the Wii never ceases to boggle the mind..

The wii never had amny good games compared to ps3 and 360, third party games alone were non existent on the wii...it sold on the motion fad, sales tanked in 2010 and on for a reason. There is no undermining the facts are the facts.

Around the Network

Yes please.

If the WiiU was the N64 2, it'd go on to be either the #1 or #2 best console ever made (competing with the original N64 of course). Only in my dreams will that ever happen though .

Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:
Metallicube said:
Panicnausia said:

No it was a fad, the wii had mostly shovelware. Sales started tanking in 2010.....The wii is an anomoly, that chart shows it plain as day.

Wow, are you freakin serious? The Wii had a TON of great and revolutionary games that brought in people of all ages. What does the shovelware matter as long as it has good games to go with it? PS2 also had a ton of shovelware.

Talk about being in denial..

It also had more shovelware then any consoel ever.....the 2 are not mutually exclusive.

And again, WHO THE HELL CARES? Just ignore the shovelware and play the freakin goods ones! I never ever got the logic of dissing a console because of its bad games, WHEN IT HAS PLENTY OF GOOD ONES.

The endless creative ways you "hardcore" come up with to undermine the Wii never ceases to boggle the mind..

The wii never had amny good games compared to ps3 and 360, third party games alone were non existent on the wii...it sold on the motion fad, sales tanked in 2010 and on for a reason. There is no undermining the facts are the facts.

As I've stated several times, third parties are HUGELY overrated. It's just, their big games tend to get a shitload of hype, and most hardcore are complete suckers for hype, to the point where some confuse hype to = actual quality when it does not. Sure there's a few gems in there, but the vast majority of games these guys crank out are extremely generic to me, linear, bland, and lack real gaming substance, sacrificed in place of unnecessary drawn out cutscenes and dialouge, unnecessarilly complex controls coupled with ironically simple games. And the few redeeming qualities outside of perhaps some Capcom, Sega, Blizzard, and Bethesda stuff is the online play.

Wii has had litterally dozens of games I've played where I would at least consider "good", and probably 20 or 30 I would consider great or outstanding. NSMB Wii, DKC, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy, Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda: Twlight Princess, RE4, Rayman Origins, Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade, Mario Kart Wii, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Punchout, Super Mario Strikers, Little King's Story, Muramasa, Zack and Wiki, World of Goo, Rythm Heaven.. ALL come to mind, and those are only the GREAT games, I excluded the ones I thought were merely "good"

Sales DID tank for a reason, because Nintendo stopped releasing games. No games, no sales. Wii is not this freak of nature from mars like most of you hardcore seem to believe for some reason. It is simply a gaming console, and like all gaming consoles, it thrives on GAMES. What other purpose is there for a console if not to play games? That is what people BUY the console for, yes my hardcore friend; EVEN THE WII.. NOT the motion controller. You could argue that it was the motion controller working WITH the games, but to say it was the controller itself is laughable and shows how little you know about gaming and the games industry. Why does the controller exist in the first place? TO PLAY THE GAMES WITH!

When the big games came, the big sales came, when they ceased, so did the sales. I would think that would be a simple concept.  THOSE are the facts, jack..

Nintendo has OK consoles with great games.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Metallicube said:

Looks like you answered your own question.

I'm amazed at how forgetful "hardcore" gamers are at the PS2's library of shovelware. Then there's the blind spot when it comes to the plethora of kid's games that appear on all consoles. And, of course, motion controls. Sony and MS never used those.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
It's getting pretty depressing to read all the Nintendo hate here, and all the appraisal the PS4 and Xbone get with these garbage games.. I REALLY gotta think about bailing from this site, I'm finding more and more that my gaming tastes simply don't mesh with the vast majority here.

Sorry to hear it.  I really don't hate Nintendo at all; I have owned every Nintendo system except Wii U.

I've always had some good fun experiences with Nintendo, but to say that Nintendo has the best or the only experience worth having would be totally wrong IMO.

I have all the consoles from last gen, and although the Wii was fun, it has also collected more dust than the PS3 and 360.  For PS3 I bought over 30 games I consider great experiences, and a ton more games in the instant game collection that I haven't had time to play all.

For PS4 between me and my son we've already got 13 games, which is more than double what we got in the lifetime of the Wii - and although they are not all killer apps, it is mostly an outstanding experience throughout.

Games bought:

• NFS Rivals
  • Assassin's Creed 4
  • Battlefield 4
  • COD Ghosts
  • FIFA 14
  • NBA 2K14
  • Killzone
  • Knack
  • Sound Shapes
  • flower

Free* games:

• Rezogun
  • Contrast
  • Warframe
If you look beyond the critics saying there's no total "killer app" yet (which is true), the PS4 actually has one of the strongest launch lineups ever.

My 8th gen collection

Metallicube said:
It's getting pretty depressing to read all the Nintendo hate here, and all the appraisal the PS4 and Xbone get with these garbage games.. I REALLY gotta think about bailing from this site, I'm finding more and more that my gaming tastes simply don't mesh with the vast majority here.

Are you saying that all PS4 and One games are garbage? Isn't that also hating?

Don't get me wrong, I find their launch line-up to be meager at best but there is great potential for some great games in the years to come, most consoles need more than a couple of weeks to present a decent library (the PS3 and 360 launch games were atrocious). Leaving the site seems a bit over the top, I think a lot of people got tired of the "Nintendomination" period as well and a lot of the proponents of those times are now proving to be just as poor sports as the 360 and PS3 fans were back in the day.

Console wars are always like this, one side gets the advantage, they gloat and sling mud, things turn around and the shit follows the direction of the wind. Also, my personal game tastes doesn't match the average in here either, not by a long-shot but I still enjoy the debates and discussing sales and other aspects of gaming. I think it would be a shame if you let a bunch of negative threads and smack-talk ruin your overall experience, we need all the veterans we can keep in here to keep things running at least a bit smoother!

Some nintendo fanboys are getting desperate to defend the wii and wiiU. The wii was crap for the harcore gamer and the wiiU is the same so far. That's what the sales tell us, and the fact many people like me, bought the wii and played about 5 games on it and then left it to collect dust. Which by the way never happened to me with the n64 and gamecube (at least not to the point of not playing the console for a year), and the same is happening with the wiiU.

If the wiiU is so good why isn't anyone buying it? The costumer is always right, give them what they want and the console will sell.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Metallicube said:

They don't and neither does your hate towards Microsoft and Sony consoles, you're no better than the Nintendo "bashers" who criticize Nintendo that's interprated as hate by their fans, who think you have to be insane to not think Nintendo has the best 1st party and the Wii U is the best console ever conceived.

With that said, if you're looking for someone to tell you to stay then it looks like you're sol.

mysteryman said:
Metallicube said:

Looks like you answered your own question.

I'm amazed at how forgetful "hardcore" gamers are at the PS2's library of shovelware. Then there's the blind spot when it comes to the plethora of kid's games that appear on all consoles. And, of course, motion controls. Sony and MS never used those.

PS2 had over 60 AAA games in its library and god knows how many 85+ games. Wii...I dont think it ever got more than 15 AAA games, but it sure as hell got 20 times more shovelware compared to PS2.

Comparing PS2 library with the Wii's should be considered a sin.