By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 versus XBox One: Which console you should buy and why?

What will you buy: PS4 or XBox One?

PS4 320 65.98%

XBox One 78 16.08%

Wii U 46 9.48%

None of the above. Waitin... 41 8.45%

Total:485
y2jarmyofficial said:
Xbox one for sure, better games for now better games for 2014, better remote better online , better camera, and ps4....well its cheaper and has slightly more power then x1, ut I prefer more games and better ones then more power, as long as the x1 is more powerful then last gen then there are no complaints

Thats how it always looks in the beginning for the Xbox but looks are decieving. When the timed exclusives and paid exclusives dry up all thats left is Microsofts first party to fend for itself against Sony. That is generally when Sony wins.

Around the Network
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

What rights? There are no laws saying games have to be made on disc or laws against having a constant internet connection. Because it's not what you're used to you feel threatened by it. Some people don't like change, you are one of those people. Come on it's 2013, at least 90% of the population have some form of broadband internet connection. People without internet could tether their Xboxs to their phones. And don't use the people in other countries don't have an internet connection excuse, that's such a cliche. Microsoft could have easily made adjustments for people in other countries so that they could be able to play offline.

y2jarmyofficial said:
Xbox one for sure, better games for now better games for 2014, better remote better online , better camera, and ps4....well its cheaper and has slightly more power then x1, ut I prefer more games and better ones then more power, as long as the x1 is more powerful then last gen then there are no complaints

You would predicate your gaming future on a at best marginally better lineup of launch titles? Better remote isn't true for most as it was last gen. PS4 controller feels a lot better, and has some really cool functionality that XBO controller doesn't.  Online used to be a hard fact, then turned to debatable, now its just untrue. PSN is totally just as coherent as XBL. The online infrastructures are fairly similar. PS having the super bonus of PS+ giving games away each month as well as typical cloud saves etc. XBLive costs $10 more a year for.......nothing really. Almost everything on XBO is behind multiple pay walls. When Gakai comes along this whole dynamic might really be turned on it's head as game streaming could become the new thing.

I don't know what your taste in games might be, but for the for seeable future I would definitely still give PS4 the edge in games. Titan fall is a cross gen game that won't even allow cross gen play. For this reason most will most likely grab it on PC and 360. There will be Halo next year, thats about it for XBO heavy hitter exclusives if you ask me. Sony still has Infamous(which apparently is just as popular as Titanfall) The Order 1886, and Uncharted 4. A plethera of exclusive indies also coming to PS4 like The Witness, Transistor, Doki Doki, etc. PS4 will have quantity and quality on it's side.

and then the added bonus is not only cheaper, but more powerful, faster?Get a PS4, you will thank yourself later....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

What rights? There are no laws saying games have to be made on disc or laws against having a constant internet connection. Because it's not what you're used to you feel threatened by it. Some people don't like change, you are one of those people. Come on it's 2013, at least 90% of the population have some form of broadband internet connection. People without internet could tether their Xboxs to their phones. And don't use the people in other countries don't have an internet connection excuse, that's such a cliche. Microsoft could have easily made adjustments for people in other countries so that they could be able to play offline.

No, we do have the right to resell any physical products that we buy.

But then what's the point in making us need an online connection when people in other countries have a significantly better deal? I embrace positive change, and DRM has not been a positive change for this industry.

]

Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:

Microsoft undermined the first sale doctrine. Look it up. Understand your rights as a consumer. DRM alienates the used market if you take it to a certain extent and that is one of the major things that makes console gaming special opposed to PC gaming, which basically has zero right to resale because of the fully digital and code-based form. If Microsoft put the paywall up they and Gamestop would've had some issues and a larger sum of people than you think would've defected to Sony on principle.

Around the Network

I was going to wait but decided to get an Xbox One! I think it has the best options for now, and in the future. I see it as the most creative platform with the most variety and most interesting games going forward.

Plus the extra features of the Xbox One, and Kinect just make it better all around. Having a virtual fitness coach is cool. The Skype feature is really nice - logitech was selling a TV Camera system for like $150 - $199 last year. And working a Roku makes me miss the ease, convenience and features of the Xbox on Netflix features. We were trying to find something specific - and while it's a pain on the Roku it so easy to wave and guide to your spot on the Xbox.

PS But if I was only going to play games on it and nothing else, I would still get an Xbox One because the controller is the best one that has ever been made for a game system.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:

Microsoft undermined the first sale doctrine. Look it up. Understand your rights as a consumer. DRM alienates the used market if you take it to a certain extent and that is one of the major things that makes console gaming special opposed to PC gaming, which basically has zero right to resale because of the fully digital and code-based form. If Microsoft put the paywall up they and Gamestop would've had some issues and a larger sum of people than you think would've defected to Sony on principle.

Microsoft has said they were gonna allow the reselling of used games, did they not? 

Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

But then what's the point in making us need an online connection when people in other countries have a significantly better deal? I embrace positive change, and DRM has not been a positive change for this industry.

Microsoft supported the trading and selling of used games. And how is offline gaming a better deal? An internet connection enhances the experience of the Xbox. My Xbox is always online and i've never had a problem. 

Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:

Microsoft has said they were gonna allow the reselling of used games, did they not? 

If Sony sided with EA and Microsoft, console gamers would've been fucked. Give at least that much thanks to Sony regardless of how you feel about them. Microsoft drew a line in the sand and sided with EA. EA stepped back on Online passes because they thought Microsoft would succeed in their endeavors to bring DRM to consoles, but since Sony didn't pick sides and stayed true to their relationship with both consumers and EA, they consumers sided with Sony and EA backed away from both online passes and Microsoft to save face. Microsoft took the fall because of a leak that happened post Xbone reveal that let everyone on the net know about the DRM and the extent of which it would affect their ability to resell games. No one likes a paywall and Microsoft had the structure in place to impose it upon us. Chances are high right now that I will get the Xbone first because of KI and Titanfall so if they dont choose to screw me I'll follow through on that first purchase.

Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

Microsoft supported the trading and selling of used games. And how is offline gaming a better deal? An internet connection enhances the experience of the Xbox. My Xbox is always online and i've never had a problem. 

I'm very happy that YOU have never had a problem with your internet dying. But in some places, even countries like Scotland, the internet connections we get can be disasterous.

]