By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 versus XBox One: Which console you should buy and why?

What will you buy: PS4 or XBox One?

PS4 320 65.98%

XBox One 78 16.08%

Wii U 46 9.48%

None of the above. Waitin... 41 8.45%

Total:485
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:

The rumors and rumblings about Xbox DRM have been going on for the past 3 years now. You still haven't explained to me what exactly is anti-consumer about the policies? So consumers would have had to pay a little bit more for certain new games instead of used, how is that anti-consumer? Gamestop wants an arm and a leg for used games anyway, so you may as well buy new. And Gamestop doesn't give you barely anything for your used games anyways. Microsoft was going to allow Gamestop to resell games, they just needed authorization from certain third party companies like EA to resell their games. The first party games like Halo and Gears would have been resellable and tradable with no problem. 

-So you dont think taking away the consumers right to trade in discs freely isn't anti-consumer?

-So you think putting up a paywall per game isn't anti-consumer?

-So do you believe you needed the Xbone to be always on?

-So do you believe you need to have the console always online and authenticating to play games?

-So do you believe standing in the way of gamestop is the way to forcing the consumers to pay full price for games?

Gamestop has never asked for an arm and a leg from consumers; however, they don't give good resale value for games even in the slightest.

If Microsoft had their way first party games would've been just as fucked as third party.

Nope, because we've been doing that for years now on the PC. Once you install the disc, it's done, you're stuck with it. Like digital downloads. Honestly, I didn't even think Microsoft was gonna put a disc drive in the Xbox, I really thought it would be all digital.

What paywall? Have you not heard of the family share plan?

Yes I believe the Xbox should always be connected because you can only get optimum performance and full access to everything the Xbox has to offer when it's connected.

Yes I wouldn't mind have the system authenticating games as long as it doesn't interfere with or hinder my gaming experience in any way. They have to control game piracy somehow.

Gamestop are a bunch of shysters anyways. Some of the used games cost nearly as much as the new games!

"If Microsoft had their way first party games would've been just as fucked as third party." That's an opinion, you have no evidence for that.

Around the Network
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The rumors and rumblings about Xbox DRM have been going on for the past 3 years now. You still haven't explained to me what exactly is anti-consumer about the policies? So consumers would have had to pay a little bit more for certain new games instead of used, how is that anti-consumer? Gamestop wants an arm and a leg for used games anyway, so you may as well buy new. And Gamestop doesn't give you barely anything for your used games anyways. Microsoft was going to allow Gamestop to resell games, they just needed authorization from certain third party companies like EA to resell their games. The first party games like Halo and Gears would have been resellable and tradable with no problem. 

They're putting the power of the consumer's abilities to practice their consumer rights in the hands of the corporations. THAT is what is anti consumer about it.

So that's not Microsoft's fault, they just sell the consoles. The developers are responsible for their own games. If you had a business, i'm not gonna tell you how to run your business, it's your job to take care of it. I'm not gonna tell you what gets sold and what doesn't, and you take care of your own customers. 

In 2015 I will purchase the PS4. Wait another two years and then pick up the XBox One when it has had its second price drop and has a stack of exclusive games on it that I must own. I will mainly purchase exclusive games because I am not a huge fan of rushed annual installments of FPS or sports games that barely make any real improvements upon the previous version of the game.

I have no interest in owning a Nintendo console, the last time I purchased a Nintendo system was back in 1997 with the N64 and that was a step down from the greatness that was the SNES.

ArmGunar said:
Bundle PS4 + inFamous in March for me !!

- Sony support
- Sony Exclusives which are diversified + new IP often great
- PS+ with its pros (even if the fact that the online isn't free anymore)
- More powerful PS4
- Sony has tiers + Japanese support for the game
- My friends take the PS4

Same here dude. I will also add watch dogs with infamous ps4 bubdle. Cant wait.

Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:

-So you dont think taking away the consumers right to trade in discs freely isn't anti-consumer?

-So you think putting up a paywall per game isn't anti-consumer?

-So do you believe you needed the Xbone to be always on?

-So do you believe you need to have the console always online and authenticating to play games?

-So do you believe standing in the way of gamestop is the way to forcing the consumers to pay full price for games?

Gamestop has never asked for an arm and a leg from consumers; however, they don't give good resale value for games even in the slightest.

If Microsoft had their way first party games would've been just as fucked as third party.

Nope, because we've been doing that for years now on the PC. Once you install the disc, it's done, you're stuck with it. Like digital downloads. Honestly, I didn't even think Microsoft was gonna put a disc drive in the Xbox, I really thought it would be all digital.

What paywall? Have you not heard of the family share plan?

Yes I believe the Xbox should always be connected because you can only get optimum performance and full access to everything the Xbox has to offer when it's connected.

Yes I wouldn't mind have the system authenticating games as long as it doesn't interfere with or hinder my gaming experience in any way. They have to control game piracy somehow.

Gamestop are a bunch of shysters anyways. Some of the used games cost nearly as much as the new games!

"If Microsoft had their way first party games would've been just as fucked as third party." That's an opinion, you have no evidence for that.

I see why you dont get it. You're rationalizing what they're doing. PC gaming is nice but there are other gamers out there who like to trade games with their friends and to enjoy their gaming experience without being forced into an uncertain future such as PC gaming. Not everyone wants console gaming to be PC gaming. 

The family share plan was a bullshit tactic to makeup for taking our rights. It didnt fly with the fans and MS overturned it. In the future it might return regardless. Its better for them to hold it back than for us to become their bitch.

Gamestop would've raised the price on Xbone games in retaliation to make a profit if Microsoft put up the paywall. You think they would just sit there and take that kind of abuse? Thats sad. 

Around the Network

PC gamers are elitists and they can afford to make the regular upgrades to hardware and graphics over the course of the 5 to 7 year period. Console gamers have to make do the fixed specifications for teh course of the 5 to 7 year period. Console gaming is a budget low entry point of playing video games, PC gaming is elitist and more expensive than buying a video console.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I see why you dont get it. You're rationalizing what they're doing. PC gaming is nice but there are other gamers out there who like to trade games with their friends and to enjoy their gaming experience without being forced into an uncertain future such as PC gaming. Not everyone wants console gaming to be PC gaming. 

The family share plan was a bullshit tactic to makeup for taking our rights. It didnt fly with the fans and MS overturned it. In the future it might return regardless. Its better for them to hold it back than for us to become their bitch.

Gamestop would've raised the price on Xbone games in retaliation to make a profit if Microsoft put up the paywall. You think they would just sit there and take that kind of abuse? Thats sad. 

I'm not rationalising anything.
It's good for companies like Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to "try something different" with their consoles, otherwise we would have ended up with a Playstation 4 styled system from each company.
It turns out though, that's exactly what consumers want. :P

If Microsoft did stick to it's guns, people still had the choice to buy the PS4, it's not like they ruined anyone's breakfast with DRM.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm not rationalising anything.
It's good for companies like Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to "try something different" with their consoles, otherwise we would have ended up with a Playstation 4 styled system from each company.
It turns out though, that's exactly what consumers want. :P

If Microsoft did stick to it's guns, people still had the choice to buy the PS4, it's not like they ruined anyone's breakfast with DRM.

Everyone knows what DRM is. Leave that on PC's and that comment wasn't directed towards you, bro.

Ps4 for sure but here are a few weird things...

1- A few months back 1080p mattered.
2- A few years back until a few days ago install time was something laughed at ps side and praised xbox side. Not it doesnt matter.
3- Power was a factor until confirmed ps4 is much more powerful.
4- Kinect was a gimmick until confirmed forced with the console.
5- No one cared about else then game, now they talk about snap and such as a console seller.
6- Now even the tv integration was praised which is totally pointless.
7- Ps4 was so stupid to use ustream while twitch was the place to go and now ps4 has it and its not yet out on the "supposed" all in one entertainment system.
7- Superior multi plat were such a selling factor for the fanboy, its no longer important, they can snap...
8- Indie games qty was so wonderful before sony support them.
9- Everything motion control was childish and useless. Now its full of possibilities and a game changer.
10- Flagship Forza and Ryse were shown using Titan nvidia pc, looked like twice as good as now but this is ps fanboy imagination, AA and res are so over rated.
11- ryse was so the best looking console game according to df until they confirm the best looking launch game was kz.
12- frame rate lock was such a game breaker until we've seen Ryse "locked" between 18-30. But that game is so fun that the variation have no impact...
13- last gen paying more was stoopid, now paying more for a less powerful gaming machine is fine, you can snap...
14- size and power brick do not matter anymore.
15- a few broken ps4 at launch was a the new rrod, a few broken xbox at launch was normal, its new hardware, and most of them were fake huh?
16- movie type games like beyond and heavy rain were so boring until a game which seems a alike was confirmed on xbox. Bow it got all exciting
17- sound was going to be such a game breaker until true audio was confirmed on ps4
18- press was not biased until they start to talk a bit about the downside of xbox one.
19- mp3 support will be so important until its live on ps4.
20- titanfall is so wonderful as its exclusive but oh wait, why am I going to play it on my pc even though its an exclusive...

Console war are so entertaining.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1