By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 versus XBox One: Which console you should buy and why?

What will you buy: PS4 or XBox One?

PS4 320 65.98%

XBox One 78 16.08%

Wii U 46 9.48%

None of the above. Waitin... 41 8.45%

Total:485

Easily the PS4. It appeals to gamers far more.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Munkeh111 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Since when is the b in Xbox capitalized?

They way it's written on the box itself is XBOX

Oh, when I see it online (Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart etc....) it's always Xbox. I guess it doesn't really matter I was just wondering why he had it as XBox, looks odd that way. 

It does say Xbox if you look at the divisions on the Microsoft.com webpage.... I guess it is whatever you want

I want all three, but until Microsoft ditches the Kinect(by that I mean a version of the console that doesn't come with the Kinect) and the XBLG rewquirements, I can't really justify getting it. PS4 is cheaper, stronger, has cheaper online, a better controller, and has more exclusives that I Want. Microsoft has some damn good franchises on its side, but nothing good enough to make me want their system.

I currently have a WiiU and a PS4. PS4 for all the multiplatform games, indie games, and SOny exclusives as well as cross play/buy with the Vita (which I'm naturally in love with), and the WiiU has the virtual console and Nintendo exclusives. yeah, I'll likely only ever have a dozen games on the WiiU worth playing, but if the last few generations have anything to say on the issue, they'll all be some of the best games released this generation.

Microsoft really doesn't have much to offer someone who doesn't care about TV, sports, Kinect, or Halo.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

None, my PC destroys them both and it's not even uber spec.

I have a PS4, but I'm thinking of selling it and waiting. I am ridiculously impulsive, and made a snap decision. I KNEW it was better to wait until spring or summer of next year, but just couldn't resist when the time came.

I would get into the pros and cons of the PS4, from a person who owns one, but I don't want to piss anyone off and start and argument.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
I want all three, but until Microsoft ditches the Kinect(by that I mean a version of the console that doesn't come with the Kinect) and the XBLG rewquirements, I can't really justify getting it. PS4 is cheaper, stronger, has cheaper online, a better controller, and has more exclusives that I Want. Microsoft has some damn good franchises on its side, but nothing good enough to make me want their system.

I currently have a WiiU and a PS4. PS4 for all the multiplatform games, indie games, and SOny exclusives as well as cross play/buy with the Vita (which I'm naturally in love with), and the WiiU has the virtual console and Nintendo exclusives. yeah, I'll likely only ever have a dozen games on the WiiU worth playing, but if the last few generations have anything to say on the issue, they'll all be some of the best games released this generation.

Microsoft really doesn't have much to offer someone who doesn't care about TV, sports, Kinect, or Halo.

One of the pros, imo, of Xbox is the server quality, smart glass and overall stability. When I got my PS4, the damn servers were down. I couldn't even use the what's new app or the drop down menus because they're all on Sony's servers. Xbox One users didn't have that issue. There was a time when none of that matter but both of these consoles are so dependant on the internet, that it's now important imo.

If I get an Xbox One, THAT is the number one thing for me. I like Sony's exclusives more, but MS has good games too.

None now, nothing at launch in general, actually, my next purchase will be components to build a new PC.
Later, with more time available and when it will cost less and it will have more games, I could get a PSV.
Even later, when price will be lower and GT7 already released, I'll consider buying a PS4.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

PS4 because fuck Microsoft's business practices.

]

X1 for me.

Xbox exclusives correspond more with my tastes and I have the ability to not care that the resolution of multiplats games is lower on X1. I also like Kinect since I like dancing games and kids games for the nieces.

I will get the PS4 at some point - and it basically comes down to the exclusive games that come out on Sony's systems. I just love their first party roster, it is varied and caters to my many tastes. Plus, I have always had a PC of some form and have been able to get my hands on many of the exclusives on the Xbox (except for the ones that don't release on PC). So, my choice comes down to the games, but another factor is the reliability of the consoles. All the playstations I have had from PS1 to PS3 and the PSP have had excellent craftmanship. They are reliable and last for years (that is not to say they cannot break on you, but my experience has been very positive - I still have my original PS2 and it works just fine!). Finally, another reason that I would get a PS4 is just how the X1 is Kinect enforced, and that really seriously deters me away from their product. I have no interest in shouting commands at my TV whatsoever, even if it works flawlessly (which it certainly doesn't). I game mostly at night, and the last thing I want to do is wake my wife up (who is a very light sleeper) because I am constantly talking to my TV. And to control my TV by waving my hand is no where near as precise or fast as button presses and the mere thought of it agitates me. Finally, Sony REALLY supports their products for the long term, the PS1 was supported well after the PS2 came out, same with the PS2/PS3 transition, and the same is happening now with PS3/PS4. MS does not do the same for whatever reason it is, so my investment has a shorter expiry date. So, to me, getting the PS4 in the near future (another year or 2) is a no brainer. Right now, I am seriously still enjoying my PS3, I have SO MANY games from PS Plus that I still need to beat, then I want to play some must-have games before I move over to the new generation (such as Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Ni No Kuni, Beyond Two Souls, Bioshock Infinite, and The Last of Us).