By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 versus XBox One: Which console you should buy and why?

What will you buy: PS4 or XBox One?

PS4 320 65.98%

XBox One 78 16.08%

Wii U 46 9.48%

None of the above. Waitin... 41 8.45%

Total:485

After completing unfinished games that I own on my PS3 and XBox 360 and picking up and playing through Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V I will look at buying a PS4 either at the end of 2014 or during 2015. Games like Final Fantasy XV, Uncharted 4, God of War 5, Gran Turismo 7, Infamous: Second Son, Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain and Kingdom Hearts 3 will all be worth checking out.

Around the Network

Xbox One for me: the games are better; the controllers are more comfortable (PS controllers have that stupid, gimmicky light bar and touch pad which I don't care for); it's American; I don't even have to pick up the controller anymore or fumble around with the remote, I can use voice commands; and i'll take Live any day over PS Plus.

I don't understand why people say Sony cares more for gamers when the Xbox has the better lineup of games at the moment.

Dmick90 said:
Xbox One for me: the games are better; the controllers are more comfortable (PS controllers have that stupid, gimmicky light bar and touch pad which I don't care for); it's American; I don't even have to pick up the controller anymore or fumble around with the remote, I can use voice commands; and i'll take Live any day over PS Plus.

I don't understand why people say Sony cares more for gamers when the Xbox has the better lineup of games at the moment.

Was the American thing a joke? I hope so.

People say Sony cares more because Sony didn't have the anti-consumer nonsense that the Xbone was advertised with.

]

Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

People say Sony cares more because Sony didn't have the anti-consumer nonsense that the Xbone was advertised with.

No it's not a joke actually, the Xbox is really American. What makes you think i'm joking? The Xbox was designed by Americans in Seattle for Microsoft, which is an American company. I always consider American products and jobs in my purchases first before a foreign product, especially with the economy still volatile. I might be old school in that regard but that's the way I was raised. The Xbox represents the United States, PS4 and Nintendo represent Japan.

Microsoft got rid of the DRM policies and the online requirements, and they weren't anti consumer. How was it anti consumer? You PS fans say the same things over and over like a broken record. Back your claims up with facts.

Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

No it's not a joke actually, the Xbox is really American. What makes you think i'm joking? The Xbox was designed by Americans in Seattle for Microsoft, which is an American company. I always consider American products and jobs in my purchases first before a foreign product, especially with the economy still volatile. I might be old school in that regard but that's the way I was raised. The Xbox represents the United States, PS4 and Nintendo represent Japan.

Microsoft got rid of the DRM policies and the online requirements, and they weren't anti consumer. How was it anti consumer? You PS fans say the same things over and over like a broken record. Back your claims up with facts.

But who cares where it was created? What impact does that really have on the quality of the product? Very little. Maybe it's just my hatred for patriotism and nationalism all together, but I judge a console by it's merits and completely free of it's country of origin.

Before you go throwing around accusations, I'm not a PS4 Fanboy or anything such. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost and I sided with Microsoft last gen to start off with and still have my good old Xbox 360 Elite from 2008. Hell, I haven't even bought a PS3 yet. So I'd watch what you say when it comes to that.

Yes, Microsoft did drop the DRM policies, but you know what? They were still GOING TO make you need an online connection. They were going to enfore the intrusive Kinect on you. They were going to enforce these intrusive, anti consumer policy on you. That's what really matters. The damage was already done. The fact that they were going to make used games, a perfectly legal thing that we, as consumers, have the right to do, impossible is downright criminal.

]

Around the Network

Getting the PS4. I like the wider range of games the PS ecosystem offers. I loved games like Puppeteer, Journey, and Heavy Rain. I also appreciate the fact the Sony took a stand for gamers. They could've followed MS and implemented DRM and always online and that would've become the new standard for console gaming. They are the reason that MS reversed their policies.

In addition, I prefer some of the minor design decisions that Sony made. For example, no power brick, rechargeable controllers, ability to swap internal HDD, etc.

Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

But who cares where it was created? What impact does that really have on the quality of the product? Very little. Maybe it's just my hatred for patriotism and nationalism all together, but I judge a console by it's merits and completely free of it's country of origin.

Before you go throwing around accusations, I'm not a PS4 Fanboy or anything such. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost and I sided with Microsoft last gen to start off with and still have my good old Xbox 360 Elite from 2008. Hell, I haven't even bought a PS3 yet. So I'd watch what you say when it comes to that.

Yes, Microsoft did drop the DRM policies, but you know what? They were still GOING TO make you need an online connection. They were going to enfore the intrusive Kinect on you. They were going to enforce these intrusive, anti consumer policy on you. That's what really matters. The damage was already done. The fact that they were going to make used games, a perfectly legal thing that we, as consumers, have the right to do, impossible is downright criminal.

I agree but I think the Xbox is truly the better choice that just happens to be American, which is like the icing on the cake for me. I'm not anti foreign products either, I own a foreign car (Mitsubishi) actually and I love it. If a product is good, it's good, regardless of where it's made but there are many good American products too that people often overlook because of misconceptions. 

I think people really blew the DRM and the online thing out of proportion though. The policies didn't bother me, I think the Kinect technology is really cool and innovative. I'm all about fresh ideas, I don't like companies that just rehash stuff from the past. Eventually we're moving to an all digital future, we're just delaying the inevitable. 

Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

I agree but I think the Xbox is truly the better choice that just happens to be American, which is like the icing on the cake for me. I'm not anti foreign products either, I own a foreign car (Mitsubishi) actually and I love it. If a product is good, it's good, regardless of where it's made but there are many good American products too that people often overlook because of misconceptions. 

I think people really blew the DRM and the online thing out of proportion though. The policies didn't bother me, I think the Kinect technology is really cool and innovative. I'm all about fresh ideas, I don't like companies that just rehash stuff from the past. Eventually we're moving to an all digital future, we're just delaying the inevitable. 

But the DRM was an infringement on our rights as consumers. We had every right to raise hell about it. While I agree that it's innevitable that we're moving towards an all digital future, but as we've all seen, we aren't ready for that now. The majority of people don't have a 100% stable Broadband connection 100% of the time, and for people who live in poorer countries who may not even have Broadband yet, or people who live in rural areas would have hell trying to play an always online console at this point in time.

The future will be digital, but we're not ready for it.

]

Sony has more stable IP's that they could create and more that will eventually be created. I believe in their teams because of what they've proven to me.

Microsoft buys games from companies that are hot properties and keeps them away from Sony.

Its basically capitalism vs creativity. Which one do you like more?

Capitalism has my interest right now, but Sony will be the run away winner. For now my eye is on the One because of Killer Instinct.

Xbox one for sure, better games for now better games for 2014, better remote better online , better camera, and ps4....well its cheaper and has slightly more power then x1, ut I prefer more games and better ones then more power, as long as the x1 is more powerful then last gen then there are no complaints