By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 versus XBox One: Which console you should buy and why?

What will you buy: PS4 or XBox One?

PS4 320 65.98%

XBox One 78 16.08%

Wii U 46 9.48%

None of the above. Waitin... 41 8.45%

Total:485
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

My country is out of the stone age deary. It's just the geographical location of Scotland. There's been an exodus from rural areas of late because the internet sucks so bad there.

Also, just going for a cheap shot, but the UK should get out of the stone age? Nice healthcare you got there ;)

The same kind of healthcare you have in the UK that bankrupted your country... 

Around the Network
Dmick90 said:
Vikki said:
Dmick90 said:

My country is out of the stone age deary. It's just the geographical location of Scotland. There's been an exodus from rural areas of late because the internet sucks so bad there.

Also, just going for a cheap shot, but the UK should get out of the stone age? Nice healthcare you got there ;)

The same kind of healthcare you have in the UK that bankrupted your country... 

Someone's been reading The Daily Mail.

]

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I never said Sony was my friend. I'm just telling it like it is. Everyone was grilling Sony hoping to god they wouldn't follow Microsoft down the path of DRM or else we would've all been screwed. Read the interviews since feburary. There were rumors about Xbone having DRM since before the year started and the rumors continued past the PS4 reveal and was outted after the Xbone launch when Microsoft did an interview with Cinema Blend which rocked the foundation of the internet scene. If Sony would've used DRM it would've fucked Gamestop for good or at least knocked out their sales considerably to hurt them and thus the second hand community. Being that Sony didn't and everyone saw that fans sided with Sony with an ovation at E3 they backed off of DRM. This was known as the Sony "Drops the mic" moment at E3. That is the sole reason why Sony won E3. 

They literally dedicated a segment of their E3 to showing Microsoft how to treat consumers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht-0Hne4EU

You might think I am kissing Sony's ass, but I am not. They could've just as easily been dicks  like Microsoft. They are responsible for why the Xbone has no DRM and I can buy it DRM free and I thank them. They might not always have had the gamers best interest at heart, but in this instance they did. This was very, very good for business.

"This was known as the Sony "Drops the mic" moment at E3." Come on dude that's a little dramatic. I've been gaming since 1993, and i've been around long enough to remember the fall of Atari, Sega, 3DO, etc. I've seen way worse things happen to those companies because of poor business decisions. If you bought a console from one of those companies you were basically screwing yourself over. So this is the first time Microsoft screwed up in the videogame business, big deal, it happens to every company. Sony went through hard times with the PS3, and Nintendo with the Gamecube. Microsoft will recover from this too and people will forgive them.

ATM none. But I will get PS4 iwth infamous second son. The reason for getting PS4 are:

1. Exclusives. Lets face it when it comes to AAA exclusives sony wins. Plus they also introduce lots of new IPs.
2. Anime games and JRPGs.
3. I am sony fanboy. :p :p

Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I never said Sony was my friend. I'm just telling it like it is. Everyone was grilling Sony hoping to god they wouldn't follow Microsoft down the path of DRM or else we would've all been screwed. Read the interviews since feburary. There were rumors about Xbone having DRM since before the year started and the rumors continued past the PS4 reveal and was outted after the Xbone launch when Microsoft did an interview with Cinema Blend which rocked the foundation of the internet scene. If Sony would've used DRM it would've fucked Gamestop for good or at least knocked out their sales considerably to hurt them and thus the second hand community. Being that Sony didn't and everyone saw that fans sided with Sony with an ovation at E3 they backed off of DRM. This was known as the Sony "Drops the mic" moment at E3. That is the sole reason why Sony won E3. 

They literally dedicated a segment of their E3 to showing Microsoft how to treat consumers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht-0Hne4EU

You might think I am kissing Sony's ass, but I am not. They could've just as easily been dicks  like Microsoft. They are responsible for why the Xbone has no DRM and I can buy it DRM free and I thank them. They might not always have had the gamers best interest at heart, but in this instance they did. This was very, very good for business.

"This was known as the Sony "Drops the mic" moment at E3." Come on dude that's a little dramatic. I've been gaming since 1993, and i've been around long enough to remember the fall of Atari, Sega, 3DO, etc. I've seen way worse things happen to those companies because of poor business decisions. If you bought a console from one of those companies you were basically screwing yourself over. So this is the first time Microsoft screwed up in the videogame business, big deal, it happens to every company. Sony went through hard times with the PS3, and Nintendo with the Gamecube. Microsoft will recover from this too and people will forgive them.

The only anti-consumer thing Sony did this gen was take the ability to use another OS on the PS3 off and they paid for it dearly. Microsoft tried to drop DRM on us full-time and impose and authentication pay-wall for every used game loaded onto the Xbone that you didnt buy new. This pay wall would essentially manipulate people into buying new rather than purchasing used at used game outlets including Gamestop unless they paid the fee. Much like EA's online pass where there would be a fee to play online if you bought a game used. This azure network situation would affect your ability to play a game at all. You could not borrow a game from a friend without paying up to the paywall or anything. It was anti-consumer hell until Sony stated they wouldnt do such a thing. Microsoft realized they fucked up terribly and took off almost every anti-consumer part off of the Xbone and it took them literally a month or two before they were finished.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
What's the point in these polls? Fans of the company they like will just pick that. Of course PS4 is going to win the poll. Theres only like 10% xbox fans here..

I like Sony products better, but I think Microsoft had the better launch. None of the games I liked were made by MS either. 

Bundle PS4 + inFamous in March for me !!

- Sony support
- Sony Exclusives which are diversified + new IP often great
- PS+ with its pros (even if the fact that the online isn't free anymore)
- More powerful PS4
- Sony has tiers + Japanese support for the game
- My friends take the PS4

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The only anti-consumer thing Sony did this gen was take the ability to use another OS on the PS3 off and they paid for it dearly. Microsoft tried to drop DRM on us full-time and impose and authentication pay-wall for every used game loaded onto the Xbone that you didnt buy new. This pay wall would essentially manipulate people into buying new rather than purchasing used at used game outlets including Gamestop unless they paid the fee. Much like EA's online pass where there would be a fee to play online if you bought a game used. This azure network situation would affect your ability to play a game at all. You could not borrow a game from a friend without paying up to the paywall or anything. It was anti-consumer hell until Sony stated they wouldnt do such a thing. Microsoft realized they fucked up terribly and took off almost every anti-consumer part off of the Xbone and it took them literally a month or two before they were finished.

The rumors and rumblings about Xbox DRM have been going on for the past 3 years now. You still haven't explained to me what exactly is anti-consumer about the policies? So consumers would have had to pay a little bit more for certain new games instead of used, how is that anti-consumer? Gamestop overcharges for used games anyway, so you may as well buy new. And Gamestop doesn't give you barely anything for your used games anyways. Microsoft was going to allow Gamestop to resell games, they just needed authorization from certain third party companies like EA to resell their games. The first party games like Halo and Gears would have been resellable and tradable with no problem. 

Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The rumors and rumblings about Xbox DRM have been going on for the past 3 years now. You still haven't explained to me what exactly is anti-consumer about the policies? So consumers would have had to pay a little bit more for certain new games instead of used, how is that anti-consumer? Gamestop wants an arm and a leg for used games anyway, so you may as well buy new. And Gamestop doesn't give you barely anything for your used games anyways. Microsoft was going to allow Gamestop to resell games, they just needed authorization from certain third party companies like EA to resell their games. The first party games like Halo and Gears would have been resellable and tradable with no problem. 

-So you dont think taking away the consumers right to trade in discs freely isn't anti-consumer?

-So you think putting up a paywall per game isn't anti-consumer?

-So do you believe you needed the Xbone to be always on?

-So do you believe you need to have the console always online and authenticating to play games?

-So do you believe standing in the way of gamestop is the way to forcing the consumers to pay full price for games?

Gamestop has never asked for an arm and a leg from consumers; however, they don't give good resale value for games even in the slightest.

If Microsoft had their way first party games would've been just as fucked as third party.

Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The rumors and rumblings about Xbox DRM have been going on for the past 3 years now. You still haven't explained to me what exactly is anti-consumer about the policies? So consumers would have had to pay a little bit more for certain new games instead of used, how is that anti-consumer? Gamestop wants an arm and a leg for used games anyway, so you may as well buy new. And Gamestop doesn't give you barely anything for your used games anyways. Microsoft was going to allow Gamestop to resell games, they just needed authorization from certain third party companies like EA to resell their games. The first party games like Halo and Gears would have been resellable and tradable with no problem. 

They're putting the power of the consumer's abilities to practice their consumer rights in the hands of the corporations. THAT is what is anti consumer about it.

]