By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: 94 on MetaCritic! Super Mario 3D World: A Game Once Doubted Is Now Highest Rated Game of The Holiday! Anybody Eating Crow?

Einsam_Delphin said:
Soundwave said:

I'll never doubt EAD Tokyo again, but having said that, I still want the next 3D Mario to be a bit more "epic" like the Galaxy games are.

I already sorta saw this coming because I was at Nintendo's E3 booth last June and Mario 3D World was simply more fun to play than Mario Kart 8 or any other game there. The multiplayer was great.

True, but only because MK8 was the most underdeveloped and limited game demo there.

I think truthfully EAD Tokyo is simply a notch better than any other studio at Nintendo right now. They do have some other really good teams of course, but EAD Tokyo stands out, kinda like watching a kids basketball or soccer game and there's one kid there that's just flat out better than all the other kids, lol. 

The fact that they're able to release such high quality games at a fairly regular clip (every two years give or take) kinda shames some of the other Nintendo studios. They work so efficiently. 

Around the Network

It also got a 94 on GameRankings! It definitely looks awesome! Going to get it in December :D

This is how I feel right now:

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Soundwave said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Soundwave said:

I'll never doubt EAD Tokyo again, but having said that, I still want the next 3D Mario to be a bit more "epic" like the Galaxy games are.

I already sorta saw this coming because I was at Nintendo's E3 booth last June and Mario 3D World was simply more fun to play than Mario Kart 8 or any other game there. The multiplayer was great.

True, but only because MK8 was the most underdeveloped and limited game demo there.

I think truthfully EAD Tokyo is simply a notch better than any other studio at Nintendo right now. They do have some other really good teams of course, but EAD Tokyo stands out, kinda like watching a kids basketball or soccer game and there's one kid there that's just flat out better than all the other kids, lol. 

The fact that they're able to release such high quality games at a fairly regular clip (every two years give or take) kinda shames some of the other Nintendo studios. They work so efficiently. 

I didn't say otherwise lol. Just that if the MK8 demo allowed for 4-5 players, was 100cc/150cc, had a full item roster, allowed Kart customization, the grand prix was normal lengthed, and so ons, it would of been as fun if not more so than SM3DW.

BasilZero said:
Obvious it would be rated high but I didn't expect much from the reveal trailer. The last few trailers were good except for the ads those were cringe worthy IMO lol

Do you still expect a "proper" 3D Mario by 2015? Or have you accepted the holy truth that I've been trying to hammer home for so long: this is 3D Mario. Suck it haters.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

I was a filthy doubting heretic and shall now be burned at the stake.
Just let me play the damn game in place of my last meal!

curl-6 said:

Very well. How well-done would you like your crow? I wouldn't deny your meal.

F0X said:
BasilZero said:
Obvious it would be rated high but I didn't expect much from the reveal trailer. The last few trailers were good except for the ads those were cringe worthy IMO lol

Do you still expect a "proper" 3D Mario by 2015? Or have you accepted the holy truth that I've been trying to hammer home for so long: this is 3D Mario. Suck it haters.

Lol, the holy truth. You need to remember that the content shown since the first trailer is leaps and bounds better to what we saw then.

Though it was good, it wasn't galaxy material. With the new trailers it's actually pretty clear they have the same DNA this and Galaxy.

F0X said:
curl-6 said:

Very well. How well-done would you like your crow?

Dammit I've eaten my crow over this game already! XD

Gee-Gee said:
F0X said:
BasilZero said:

Lol, the holy truth. You need to remember that the content shown since the first trailer is leaps and bounds better to what we saw then.

Though it was good, it wasn't galaxy material. With the new trailers it's actually pretty clear they have the same DNA this and Galaxy.

I do remember.

I also remember that the meltdown was hyperbolic relative to what was shown in the first place. Doubt and cautious optimism I understand. The rage, however, was so bad it wasn't even funny.