By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: 94 on MetaCritic! Super Mario 3D World: A Game Once Doubted Is Now Highest Rated Game of The Holiday! Anybody Eating Crow?

im definitely picking this one up

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Seriously, people should know better than to doubt EAD Tokyo.

So, who wants to come with me on a journey back in time?

Still believe game looks easy and it will be boring to unlock the real difficult. Same with ALBW. That's why WWHD is very good.

And, if the real difficult is the same leve but just some green stars, that feels like trophies/achievements to me. Useless.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ahh...it always feels good to be right. :D Never doubted you for a second EAD Tokyo!

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Mr Khan said:

You can't take our Nintendo community too seriously.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'll never doubt EAD Tokyo again, but having said that, I still want the next 3D Mario to be a bit more "epic" like the Galaxy games are.

I already sorta saw this coming because I was at Nintendo's E3 booth last June and Mario 3D World was simply more fun to play than Mario Kart 8 or any other game there. The multiplayer was great.

Around the Network

What? Polygon gave the game a 9? I thought they were a MS sponsored site and would never give a high score to something not MS related...

Yup, EAD Tokyo makes great-looking games.

To those who doubt the importance of graphics in Nintendo games, this was a wake-up call. This is in hopes that the NSMB team will use some of the improvements this team brings into their own creations.

Why I say this? Well, most reviews so far are praising the game's graphics and visuals, as well as the game's departure from the tired 'Save the princess' arc. The awesome and constant novelty of regular new power-ups in the game are also another sign that this isn't your usual NSMB-type entry, but another epic Mario game that continues to defy trends.

Yup, that's EAD Tokyo's trademark. There's always something new around the corner.

This is a serious breath of fresh air for any Nintendo gamer, any gamer for that matter, and one can hope will save the U from its impending doom.

I didn't expect much in scores when it was shown at E3, after that the more I saw it the more I liked it, I really didn't expect reviewers to feel the same however. I was wrong.

Pavolink said:

Still believe game looks easy and it will be boring to unlock the real difficult. Same with ALBW. That's why WWHD is very good.

And, if the real difficult is the same leve but just some green stars, that feels like trophies/achievements to me. Useless.

I watched a friend play through WWHD with Hero Mode on and it was stupid. The game isn't designed for Hero Mode. There's literally no opportunity to heal from the beginning of the game until Dragon Roost Cavern. It's not like Skyward Sword where you have access to bottles and potions before you ever get to the first overworld section, never mind the first dungeon, plus the ability to heal by sitting on chairs or stools interspersed throughout the world.

Just imagine the green stars are the "Hidden" stars from Galaxy, only they don't immediately warp you out of the level when you get them, forcing you to play the same level multiple times to truly complete it. Same basic idea.

Soundwave said:

I'll never doubt EAD Tokyo again, but having said that, I still want the next 3D Mario to be a bit more "epic" like the Galaxy games are.

I already sorta saw this coming because I was at Nintendo's E3 booth last June and Mario 3D World was simply more fun to play than Mario Kart 8 or any other game there. The multiplayer was great.

True, but only because MK8 was the most underdeveloped and limited game demo there.