By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: 94 on MetaCritic! Super Mario 3D World: A Game Once Doubted Is Now Highest Rated Game of The Holiday! Anybody Eating Crow?

the game looks great, im just wondering if there are too many new gameplay mechanics

like, so many powers, cat, cannon, goomba, ice skate, boomerang, fucking coin block mario, cloning himself (which really floored me), then add on the old powerups to that

will it be balanced is my question

Around the Network
KHlover said:
Well, how could they have topped the Wow factor of Super Mario Galaxy? Impossible, this game was bound to be disappointing...

KHlover said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

No, for alot of us who were expecting a game to finally push the fucking hardware, no, we are still going to be pissed. This was a complete let down.

Sorry, but you expected a Mario game to push the hardware? Like the zero times this has happened before?

KHlover said:
Pavolink said:
KHlover said:
Chrizum said:
Yeah, the game looks like a huge step back from the Galaxy games. I can't see the Wii U ever recover. Nobody is going to be convinced to buy a new system for these kind of games.

Just like no one bought the 3DS for 3DLand?

It looks good for a handheld game, not for a console one.

It is NSMBWii all over again: NSMB with multiplayer - 3D Land with multiplayer

In that case this game will do just fine. 4-player multiplayer > innovation it seems.

Heh, my statements from back then are a bit more crow-worthy than I actually remember.

I doubted, I was annoyed with it, I was disappointed in Nintendo, I hated, I though the game looked dreadful and would suck.

MAN WAS I WRONG!

This game as gone from being dreadful, to look OK, to could be good, to wow this game actually going to be good.

Now: 3D Mario is probably not only great but also a system seller.

I loved 3D Land and I'm looking forward to playing 3D World after blowing the dust off my Wii U.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

F0X said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I knew it was gonna be good from when it got revealed, I even made a thread defending it.

I made this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162072&page=1

I was seriously considering leaving VGChartz around that time. So many people upset for no reason despite Nintendo delivering some serious goods at E3 2013.

Kudos to you. I seriously doubted this game and was left feeling disapointed by Nintendo after the E3 nintendo Direct.  Bayonetta 2 and Monolith's X were amazing on the other hand.

Around the Network

Gotta say this game was a underdog, since many Mario games in the last few years seemed to have lost that spark that the old school games had. kudos

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

lol at the EDGE text :D

but, but it is not in 1080p so it can't be that good!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
lol at the EDGE text :D

but, but it is not in 1080p so it can't be that good!

The feel of 1080p. It looks really clear for a 720p game, I guess it's all dat colors *_*

the_dengle said:

Seriously, people should know better than to doubt EAD Tokyo.

So, who wants to come with me on a journey back in time?

this what we get for doubting EAD Toyko 

this game is real next gen take that ps4/xbone :)

34 years playing games.