By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 failure rate is at horrifying 0.4% (oh the horror !)

Pjams said:
TheEspionage said:

This number was released before PS4 was released.

Thousands of hours of QA gives Sony and MS a fairly static baisline. The 0.4% isn't just some random conclsion.

yes it is.  they came out with that .4% within 24 hrs.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
walsufnir said:

shit in, shit out. We don't have any failure rates currently which could be believed.

0.4%

he said "We don't have any failure rates currently which could be believed."

tres said:
walsufnir said:

shit in, shit out. We don't have any failure rates currently which could be believed.

0.4%

I can read. After he said that, i corrected him

tres said:
walsufnir said:

0.4%

And failed in trying to.

walsufnir said:

And failed in trying to.

Okay maybe you can understand math then. 1000000*.004=4000. Nothing suggests we have more than that so far. Especially not within the first day. 

Around the Network

Well all that stuff should have taught us one thing: Don't buy at amazon. :P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Kane1389 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:
Kane1389 said:

different batch, factory it come from etc..

So ithe problem wouldnt be the design of hardware, but the manufacturing procedure/location?

Yes, this can be a big problem. Factories don't work all the same, has the same know-how in the workforce and the same procedures or machines. So the quality of output can differ between factories. Usually quality increases with more experience.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I think if you consider the number sold 1million and the average normal failure rate level 3-6%. That would equate to approx 30-60 thousand failures. which in terms of numbers isn't that high, but in terms of even if 1000 of those people went online - can get quite messy.

I saw some of these threads, less than a few hundred, which would be correct, taking into account many of those day 1's are going to be internet savvy and people who know how to use the internet.

If so many machines failed, do we really think PSN would be struggling to handle the numbers of people accessing it...lol.

MS are bound to have similar issues this weekend, no doubt.. made more of an issue as its a worldwide launch in the same day.. so more users.

I suspect MS will also boast "More than 1 million day 1 units sold"... but as its 13 countries, they won't mention that bit :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

tres said:
walsufnir said:

0.4%

No, you're wrong. A problem like the RROD for X360 mostly don't happen in the first week. So every data until summer next year is clearly unbelievable.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

No, you're wrong. A problem like the RROD for X360 mostly don't happen in the first week. So every data until summer next year is clearly unbelievable.

Please keep up with the news. First off you are wrong. Failure rates dont just happen over night. They dont say "okay guys long enough time has passed. Lets start counting failed units now." Either the system works or it doesnt. If it doesnt work it gets included in failure rates. On top of that, we arent talking about units that may die. We are talking about units that ARE dead and died within the first day of use. And right now .4% of total units broken is very believable. Even if you and qalsufnir dont like it