By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 failure rate is at horrifying 0.4% (oh the horror !)

kabamarutr said:
Pjams said:
Regardless, the only thing that you need pay attention to is if Amazon stops sales on PS4. My Brother works at Target, his friends work at Bestbuy. Guess how many returns they have received after over 500+ units sold?

Did Amazon get any returns? 

According to some reviews

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
kabamarutr said:
Pjams said:
Regardless, the only thing that you need pay attention to is if Amazon stops sales on PS4. My Brother works at Target, his friends work at Bestbuy. Guess how many returns they have received after over 500+ units sold?

Ι wonder if the returns are anywhere near 300...

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

kabamarutr said:

where did you get that number

kabamarutr said:

where did you get that number

Well, I see (in a multitude of threads here), that 300 or so Amazon customers declare they've received a DOA. Did they return the console? Have they issued warranty claims?

Or, to make it simpler, does Amazon have 300 PS4 returns?

I'm not sure about the PS4......but this thread has around a 93.2% fail rate

Around the Network
kabamarutr said:
Pjams said:

Yes, they recieved approximately 1,23600 returns based on 10,000 untis sold. Sony specifically targeted Amazon for their 'failure' hardware because they new that the best way to offload faulty hardware is through pre-orders. As such, Amazon was given the largest stock of all distributers. The end game in all of this is that although Sony was free to use Chinese child labor for manufacturing,  they didn't have to spend a penny on Chinese child labor quality assurance. What this means to you as a consumer is now that Amazon has sold all the PS4s slapped together by the slightly less than genius Chinese kids, all the rest have been assembled by the actual certified genius Chinese child labor.

Pjams said:
kabamarutr said:
Pjams said:

Yes, they recieved approximately 1,23600 returns based on 10,000 untis sold. Sony specifically targeted Amazon for their 'failure' hardware because they new that the best way to offload faulty hardware is through pre-orders. As such, Amazon was given the largest stock of all distributers. The end game in all of this is that although Sony was free to use Chinese child labor for manufacturing,  they didn't have to spend a penny on Chinese child labor quality assurance. What this means to you as a consumer is now that Amazon has sold all the PS4s slapped together by the slightly less than genius Chinese kids, all the rest have been assembled by the actual certified genius Chinese child labor.

What are you talking about? Is this sarcasm?

Angelus said:
I'm not sure about the PS4......but this thread has around a 93.2% fail rate

Thank you for that well constructed and contributing input

Cobretti2 said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:

This number was released before PS4 was released. Nobody knows the actual number unless you believe they can compile that data less than 48 hours after launch.  Hopefully it is low but this number is also false.  Now I think we should have an official thread for this topic instead of making countless threads about it for the next few days.

It was for the 4000 PS4s which were delievered to Taco Bell winners 2-3 days before the official launch. Why would those PS4 be any different than the ones people bought on launch

It is different because there is 100's  of thousands now rather than a couple thousand.  Just wait a while and don't worry about the issue right now.  It may be a problem and it may not be.  Forums tend to make things look worst than they actually are if that helps any :)

This is counting percentage, not the overall number of failed units. And I ask you again, what makes the launch PS4s any different for them to have bigger failure rate compared to taco bell PS4s?

different batch, factory it come from etc.. 

So ithe problem wouldnt be the design of hardware, but the manufacturing procedure/location?

kabamarutr said:

Well, I see (in a multitude of threads here), that 300 or so Amazon customers declare they've received a DOA. Did they return the console? Have they issued warranty claims?

Or, to make it simpler, does Amazon have 300 PS4 returns?

I dont think anyone would have a number but out of those 300 1star reviews not all of them were returned. A bunch are trolling and there is no way to weed those out. Some will be sent in to Sony and some returned