By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 failure rate is at horrifying 0.4% (oh the horror !)

Kane1389 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:

This number was released before PS4 was released. Nobody knows the actual number unless you believe they can compile that data less than 48 hours after launch.  Hopefully it is low but this number is also false.  Now I think we should have an official thread for this topic instead of making countless threads about it for the next few days.

It was for the 4000 PS4s which were delievered to Taco Bell winners 2-3 days before the official launch. Why would those PS4 be any different than the ones people bought on launch

It is different because there is 100's  of thousands now rather than a couple thousand.  Just wait a while and don't worry about the issue right now.  It may be a problem and it may not be.  Forums tend to make things look worst than they actually are if that helps any :)

This is counting percentage, not the overall number of failed units. And I ask you again, what makes the launch PS4s any different for them to have bigger failure rate compared to taco bell PS4s?

different batch, factory it come from etc.. 

So ithe problem wouldnt be the design of hardware, but the manufacturing procedure/location?

That could be a contributing factor. Regardless, the larger install base will give a more accurate result with respect to the failure rate.

The smaller subset of Taco Bell PS4's could have contained a greater or lower percentage of faulty units, or it could have been exactly the same.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
kabamarutr said:

Well, I see (in a multitude of threads here), that 300 or so Amazon customers declare they've received a DOA. Did they return the console? Have they issued warranty claims?

Or, to make it simpler, does Amazon have 300 PS4 returns?

I dont think anyone would have a number but out of those 300 1star reviews not all of them were returned. A bunch are trolling and there is no way to weed those out. Some will be sent in to Sony and some returned

That's my point. Anyone that has a DOA console, should normally claim warranty and return it. If we only knew how many returns Amazon has had, we could see how many really had a problem with the console.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

We wish .4% was real.

According to this,

the Amazon 1-star reviews constitute a percentage far less than .4%

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

mysteryman said:
Kane1389 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:

This number was released before PS4 was released. Nobody knows the actual number unless you believe they can compile that data less than 48 hours after launch.  Hopefully it is low but this number is also false.  Now I think we should have an official thread for this topic instead of making countless threads about it for the next few days.

It was for the 4000 PS4s which were delievered to Taco Bell winners 2-3 days before the official launch. Why would those PS4 be any different than the ones people bought on launch

It is different because there is 100's  of thousands now rather than a couple thousand.  Just wait a while and don't worry about the issue right now.  It may be a problem and it may not be.  Forums tend to make things look worst than they actually are if that helps any :)

This is counting percentage, not the overall number of failed units. And I ask you again, what makes the launch PS4s any different for them to have bigger failure rate compared to taco bell PS4s?

So ithe problem wouldnt be the design of hardware, but the manufacturing procedure/location?

That could be a contributing factor. Regardless, the larger install base will give a more accurate result with respect to the failure rate.

The smaller subset of Taco Bell PS4's could have contained a greater or lower percentage of faulty units, or it could have been exactly the same.

So far, this is the only official data we have

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Cobretti2 said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:
Kane1389 said:
TheEspionage said:

it could be design, we don't really know. The hardware hasn't been out long enough for design faults such as overheating to be causing damage to consoles yet.

In the end it doesn't matter I rather a 10% failure rate then a 0.4% if it gets down to the bottom of any initial faults quicker that there may be in design, components, or manufacturing. 

With todays advancements in technology and everything being so small it is unavoidable and most people understand that. So let the launch crowd beta test the hardware and happly get one a few months later when the hype dies down.

Kane1389 said:
Angelus said:
I'm not sure about the PS4......but this thread has around a 93.2% fail rate

Thank you for that well constructed and contributing input

shit in, shit out. We don't have any failure rates currently which could be believed.

walsufnir said:

shit in, shit out. We don't have any failure rates currently which could be believed.

0.4%

Still too early to tell. I'm just watching from the sidelines. I know gamers are quick to complain about anything and we're quick to troll companies we hate. We're also quick to cover up and defend our company of choice. I'll just wait for the truth to come out. I'm just glad I don't have a horse in this 'next gen' race.

0.4% of shipped units. given PS4 has sold 1 million in NA in only 1 day I'd say they've shipped a good 3 million units. So that's 12000 defective units. That's a pretty decent number of people to go on the internet and complain and give the impression of a widespread serious problem.

I do hope that if it climbs up to over 5% Sony won't keep trying to downplay things. It'll take 6 months to a year before we can really get a good sense of the failure rate of PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix