By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failure reporting is completely overblown by opposing fanboys

Yeah because IGN and Kotaku's PS4 was also overblown and a mere coincidence. When not one but two major media outlets have faulty systems with different issues something is definitely wrong. Cheap and faulty parts always come with consequences dont blame anyone other than Sony. The problem is not fanboys exaggeerating the problem but fanboys damage controlling it. Sony even had the nerve to lie with estimates before everyone that bought the console had a chance to try it out. How can they know a percentage of
faulty consoles when they were all still on the shelves? And idiots actually pretended to believe it? Poor form Sony, poor form.

Around the Network

I'm impressed you're throwing around that Sony has lied a whopping less than 24 hours into this. Lets watch how the cards fall then make the call, yeah? I just know mine works great and I have to say I'm really happy with the DS4 design. I always hated my DS3.

I can't wait for the report of failure rate of Xbone. It is certain that the console was hurried to match the launch of PS4. Now last time they hurried for a console was 360 and we all know about its failure rate.

So we should blame Xbox fanboys for this?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Valerik said:
I'm impressed you're throwing around that Sony has lied a whopping less than 24 hours into this. Lets watch how the cards fall then make the call, yeah? I just know mine works great and I have to say I'm really happy with the DS4 design. I always hated my DS3.

How can they get an estimate of every PS4 on the shelves when the faulty ones were from a batch of taco bell winners and media outlets? Of course they are lying it makes no sense. 

Around the Network

My friend on Facebook tried to tell me I should support Sony because of this. But when I brought up the RROD's and the fact that all consoles will have issues, he got defensive. Ah well, no blood for him.

I agree. Irritating isn't it?

keroncoward said:
Valerik said:

How can they get an estimate of every PS4 on the shelves when the faulty ones were from a batch of taco bell winners and media outlets? Of course they are lying it makes no sense. 

Perhaps you misread the tweet, but it stated that:

"There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .4% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction."

Now, if you read that carefully you will see that it states the 0.4% number that compares the number of reported problems to Sony (IE people seeing replacements, repair, etc) versus the total number they shipped *so far*. It could go up, it could stay the same. We won't know until time passes and people continue open their boxes, hook up their system, and turn it on.

TL;DR To answer your question: they can get an estimate because people complain to them, then they add those up and divide by the total systems shipped. That's how they get an estimate.

sales2099 said:
lol this is 2005 all over again. At first, everybody denied it and said it was isolated incidents.

Only if the failure rate reaches RRoD numbers. That we will have to see.

babuks said:
I can't wait for the report of failure rate of Xbone. It is certain that the console was hurried to match the launch of PS4. Now last time they hurried for a console was 360 and we all know about its failure rate.

Why can't you wait?  Are you excited to find out that the Xbox One is more faulty than the PS4?  Do you want it to have a high failure rate so you can say "I told you so" to the minority on the internet jerkholes that seem to take pleasure in finding out that some PS4 console are breaking down?  I'm assuming a lot, I guess.  But the vast majority of people couldn't care less about whether one next gen console is more defective than the other.  They just want to buy a console and have fun.  You want innocent little Timmy's video game console to break down on Christmas morning just so you can say "I win!" ?

"Please sir, I want some video games..."