By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failure reporting is completely overblown by opposing fanboys

You may have noticed a number of gaming websites have been reporting on how some people have been suffering from technicals issues regarding their PS4's.

Looking at the actual numbers from the article link below we can see the failure rate was a measely .4% of consoles.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

There are a couple of reasons why I believe this got blown way out of proportion 

The fact that the PS4 is in the spotlight right now and people reporting problems are getting way more attention than normal

The PS4 launch is absolutely massive and therefore .4% is still allot of products to have go wrong unfortunately

Fanboys, nuff said

And lest those is glass houses throw stones let us not forget the Xbox 360 has an average failure rate of about 33% at the time, some figures going as high as 56% in Ausralia where console overheating was more of a problem for us.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

Hard to say .4% and believe it. Most of the units shipped to consumers or stores haven't even been opened yet. So, .4% is accurate. We will see what the number is by the end of the weekend.

But this is exactly how the RROD happened with the 360 launch. First M$ said it was an isolated incident. Then it was a problem, but we are working on it and it doesn't affect very many people. And then it was KABOOM, extended warranties and everyone will be taken care of.

Obviously, this is way too early to even compare or even think this is going to happen to the PS4, but it is interesting to watch in the early stages...

It is near the end of the end....

New rumor just in: There is more threads about broken PS4's, then actual broken consoles

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

i don't think that 33% or even 56% of 360 consoles broke in the first days. probably more like 1% and most broke after some weeks or months of usage,

what i want to say with this is that both sides can't tell how the failure rate of ps4 is. not those who try to make fun of it and not those who try to defend it.

Porcupine_I said:
New rumor just in: There is more threads about broken PS4's, then actual broken consoles

We know there are definitely more comments that's for sure!

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Well since probably only 0.6% of those consoles shipped have actually been played 0.4% seems like a relatively high number

Yes, we know this. If you buy something and everything is fine, everything works as expected, what do you do? Do you tell the maker? Do you let them know everything is fine? Do you go onto twitter and tell people "Yes the thing I just bought works.". No, you don't, you just use it.

It is those who complain that get heard because they do all the above. Even so far as to go to news outlets even. This however does not mean there is an issue. Modern day internet hold a factor as well, free and quick information.

Hmm, pie.

Porcupine_I said:

Someone ... give this man a sammich and a pint of our finest beer.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

That number is based on total shipments while 99.6% of day one customers could not yet buy it?

bosslug said:
Well since probably only 0.6% of those consoles shipped have actually been played 0.4% seems like a relatively high number

Even if the ps4 design is flawed and made by monkeys ones already breaking would be due to fualty parts and not the poor design, troll on