By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failure reporting is completely overblown by opposing fanboys

Most of the 1-star/defective unit reviews on Amazon are Amazon verified purchases. It's not looking good so far, and I'm glad I cancelled at the last minute.

Around the Network

Regardless of whether this is widespread or not, I feel gutted for those who have bricked consoles out of the box and have been on hold with Sony support for 5 hours, pray nothing like this happens with xbox because I can barely wait 6 days let alone weeks on top of that.

Even if it is a small portion Sony need to step up big time and get these consoles fixed ASAP!

Not long good at all -I feel for the poor gamer's who got a faulty system, if it were me i would be so pissed.

I do believe certain users owe me an apology as well

archbrix said:
ninetailschris said:
archbrix said:
Kratos said:

Haha, really? I read through those reviews and a lot of them seem like pure bullcrap.

One guy even says the red line of death (which only indicates when the console is warm, and does not brick the console) and then says they should have put the power brick outside the console. Sounds suspiciously like xb1 praise to me.

I would take those negative (and probably positive) reviews on amazon with a grain of salt, its either fanboys who love the console or hate the console.

If you click the "see all my reviews" links for the people claiming to have defective PS4s there are some with only that single review to their name, which does look questionable.  However, there are plenty who seem like legit users with multiple other reviews under their belt.  I suppose those could still be trolling but it does lend some credibility to their reviews.

You do realize that these people legit bought the console. You can't place a review unless you bought one. Btw everyone is lier but Sony right? 

Does Sony pay you or something?

First off, read killerzx's response to you.

Second, what the hell are you rambling about?  I'm not defending Sony; if anything I'm giving the customers who wrote the reviews the benefit of the doubt.

Brush up on your reading comprehension.

"people claiming to have defective PS4s there are some with only that single review to their name, which does look questionable."

Here you imply a conspiracy. Implying that if you write one review which because they *shock* want to warn others and usually don't post because there products usually work. 

My point was you even bringing up conspiracy sounds like PR move. If it was mircosoft or nintendo I highly doubt you will give half-baked reason for someone to be questionable. By the tone of your writing by saying "some" your implying also the discussion is balance as if there not factual breaking with customers. I have personally counted 120 veritable accounts saying it has broke on them there ps4. Quit stealth damage controlling for Sony.

"Brush up on your reading comprehension."

It's video games. Calm down.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

coolguy said:
i bet other console owners are claiming to to own a ps4 thats broke and its not the case

Probably PS3 fans. I got the feeling they hate everything not PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
archbrix said:
ninetailschris said:

You do realize that these people legit bought the console. You can't place a review unless you bought one. Btw everyone is lier but Sony right? 

Does Sony pay you or something?

First off, read killerzx's response to you.

Second, what the hell are you rambling about?  I'm not defending Sony; if anything I'm giving the customers who wrote the reviews the benefit of the doubt.

Brush up on your reading comprehension.

"people claiming to have defective PS4s there are some with only that single review to their name, which does look questionable."

Here you imply a conspiracy. Implying that if you write one review which because they *shock* want to warn others and usually don't post because there products usually work. 

My point was you even bringing up conspiracy sounds like PR move. If it was mircosoft or nintendo I highly doubt you will give half-baked reason for someone to be questionable. By the tone of your writing by saying "some" your implying also the discussion is balance as if there not factual breaking with customers. I have personally counted 120 veritable accounts saying it has broke on them there ps4. Quit stealth damage controlling for Sony.

"Brush up on your reading comprehension."

It's video games. Calm down.

Oh please.  I'm not implying anything of the kind.  I was acknowledging that what Kratos was saying about some of the reviews being "bullcrap" was of course possible, nothing more.  If you had bothered to read further you would have realized that what I finished with was that there were plenty of reviews that seemed perfectly credible.  I never brought up or implied any kind of ridiculous conspiracy so don't put words in my mouth.

Furthermore, don't presume to tell me what I would or wouldn't do if it were Microsoft or Nintendo.  Nintendo is by far my favorite company, so if you're going to stoop to generalizations at least get your labels right.

Finally, let's look at some of your quotes, shall we:

"Btw everyone is lier but Sony right?"

"Quit stealth damage controlling for Sony."

"Does Sony pay you or something?"

Yeah... you got the response you deserved.  Deal with it.

My cousin's ps4 has the red line of death and the console no longer works. It's a brick.

Just to clarify that the red line does BRICK the console. My PS is fine. Everything runs smoothly after hours of KZ

archbrix said:
Kratos said:
keroncoward said:
Isolated incident my ass

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Haha, really? I read through those reviews and a lot of them seem like pure bullcrap.

One guy even says the red line of death (which only indicates when the console is warm, and does not brick the console) and then says they should have put the power brick outside the console. Sounds suspiciously like xb1 praise to me.

I would take those negative (and probably positive) reviews on amazon with a grain of salt, its either fanboys who love the console or hate the console.

If you click the "see all my reviews" links for the people claiming to have defective PS4s there are some with only that single review to their name, which does look questionable.  However, there are plenty who seem like legit users with multiple other reviews under their belt.  I suppose those could still be trolling but it does lend some credibility to their reviews.

Mmmm fair point. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens down the road to get some official statements and numbers.

Off-Topic: You a big american horror story fan? Coven is shaping up to be my favorite season

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:

[...]

Off-Topic: You a big american horror story fan? Coven is shaping up to be my favorite season

Mine too.  Love it.

I dunno. The truckload of amazon reviews describing broken PS4's cant possibly all be opposing fanboys. It would take a stupid amount of work to sit there writing shitloads of reviews just to troll, or am i being naive?

So far there are 202 customer reviews describing broken PS4's from what i can see.