By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failure reporting is completely overblown by opposing fanboys

You get some downright stupid bastards on the net! Getting satisfaction from the fact that some poor kid/persons console isn't working or is faulty on arrival. Is this what it has come down to? I hope everyone gets a working console when they buy it. Enjoy your machine whichever camp your in!
Fuck this kinda crazy talk is making me question my own sanity!

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
the compaints in the playstation 4 support forums doesn't paint a good picture of what is to come in the next month or so.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/bd-p/22090

I am not attempting to spread FUD, just saying it ain't looking good from my point of view

I think you probably don't understand support forums that well. Product has just launched... there are hundred of thousands of consoles out there... but there are a couple of posts on a forum... and you will find some a multiple posts by the same people.

I would say FUD spreading right now :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

babuks said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

While that shouldn't be wished on anybody, part of me is curious to see how PS4 fans would react if hypothetically the moral show was on the other foot :P

No point in even trying to hypothesize such event, PS4 is not a product of a software comapny.  

43% failure wasn't a big deal for some person, who now took complete U turn on this incident.  Sony is a hardware company at first, and they have maintain quality for generations.

Sony once had legendary quality but that is way way back. Everyone uses foxconn and the like and quality stansdards have dropped since then! Still their engineering is sound but not what it was back in the day!

Ashadian said:
mii-gamer said:

How? Because I simple show a forum of 8 pages of people facing issues with the ps4, to demonstrate my concern. These issues aren't fabricated and some are serious.

Complaints are going to continue to grow once  more people get their hands on the console. You think it won't?  Even if is a small minority of PS4's issue will always be reported, it doesn't exaxtly help the ps4 does it.

As a consumer, I would never want to buy a faulty product, regardless if it is a recently launched product.

You do know that the average failure rate on new hardware at launch is 15%???????

so that means if Sony shipped 1 million then upto 150000 could be faulty. This is nothing new or anything to get excited about

The 15% failure rate is a normal average in the first 3 years per Square Trade for electronics.  link     That level at immediate launch would be much worse as some that are working now would fail over that time period pushing it much higher.

That said at this point it's all small numbers and anecdotal - there is no way any kind of meaninful trend can be discerned at this point.

Let's hope it's isolated incidences so as many people can enjoy their new toys as possible! 

Another reassurance thread.

Around the Network

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/bd-p/22090

My ps4 is broke and wont even turn on.....of course I don't have one yet, but that's besides the point.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Nsanity said:
Another reassurance thread.

Thank you for your very insightful contribution to a problem.

I've had connector failures for over twenty years..

So if you got your brand new PS4, just do two things: Check that the HDMI cable (obviously not the best quality) has no pins misaligned. Then do the same with the HDMI port of your PS4. If you see any metal where there shouldn't be metal, you are likely to meet the blinking blue led death spiral.

I'd guess there are now around 500'000 PS4s out. Given that roughly 1% of electronics will fail within the first hour of use, expect some 5000 problems to appear today. Most seem to be of the "bad hdmi port", some are "software crashed during install, I'd have to clean the harddisk but I don't know how to do that" problems, and there are a few "Blu-ray drive dead" and "ventilator does not work correctly". The first ones are self-repairable, the last ones are dead bricks.

Nothing unexpected so far (unless you are one of the 1% unlucky ones). Except the fact that Sony did not hire and train enough troubleshooters. And the fact that the console uses WAY, WAY too unaccepatably much power when doing essentially nothing. (The last point let's me think that the problems would even be much higher now and someone zook out the power savings stuff from the os).

/lateadd: Neogaf has a picture of a correct and faulty hdmi port

babuks said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

While that shouldn't be wished on anybody, part of me is curious to see how PS4 fans would react if hypothetically the moral show was on the other foot :P

No point in even trying to hypothesize such event, PS4 is not a product of a software comapny.  

43% failure wasn't a big deal for some person, who now took complete U turn on this incident.  Sony is a hardware company at first, and they have maintain quality for generations.

No they don't they had a class action lawsuit filed against them for failing lasers on the PS2 and lost

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueller

Damn those xbox fans buying launch PS4s and then break them on purpose just to complain on the internet about it

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)