By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failure reporting is completely overblown by opposing fanboys

Isolated incident my ass

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Around the Network
keroncoward said:
Isolated incident my ass

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Haha, really? I read through those reviews and a lot of them seem like pure bullcrap.

One guy even says the red line of death (which only indicates when the console is warm, and does not brick the console) and then says they should have put the power brick outside the console. Sounds suspiciously like xb1 praise to me.

I would take those negative (and probably positive) reviews on amazon with a grain of salt, its either fanboys who love the console or hate the console.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

This always happens at launch. Remember last year when someone ripped their Wii U power cord out of the wall during a system update and wanted a refund for his bricked console?

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

It's 1% now.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Kratos said:
keroncoward said:
Isolated incident my ass

Haha, really? I read through those reviews and a lot of them seem like pure bullcrap.

One guy even says the red line of death (which only indicates when the console is warm, and does not brick the console) and then says they should have put the power brick outside the console. Sounds suspiciously like xb1 praise to me.

I would take those negative (and probably positive) reviews on amazon with a grain of salt, its either fanboys who love the console or hate the console.

You could be right, but Xbox fans usually aren’t as aggressive with the online BS.

So... I'm going to wait and see how this plays out. But I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the PS4 has a fairly high failure rate.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I don't usually do this, but this thread is hilarious.

The PS4 launch games were few and not reviewed great. Some people are having problems with launch consoles. The overhyped (probably mostly by one Geoff Keighley for completely self serving reasons) launch day announcements were underwhelming.

DEAL WITH IT! It's a launch. Overhyping this thing as the work of the gods ('Greatness Awaits' ... really???) was unwise and now some of you are having a hard time dealing with the backlash. These are consoles at launch, not the next step in human evolution. DEAL WITH IT!

Kratos said:
keroncoward said:
Isolated incident my ass

If you click the "see all my reviews" links for the people claiming to have defective PS4s there are some with only that single review to their name, which does look questionable.  However, there are plenty who seem like legit users with multiple other reviews under their belt.  I suppose those could still be trolling but it does lend some credibility to their reviews.

sales2099 said:
tiffac said:
sales2099 said:
lol this is 2005 all over again. At first, everybody denied it and said it was isolated incidents.

Only if the failure rate reaches RRoD numbers. That we will have to see.

While that shouldn't be wished on anybody, part of me is curious to see how PS4 fans would react if hypothetically the moral show was on the other foot :P

Well too late on the not being wished part because every hater is already salivating on each failure rate they can see. Alas, such is human nature. lol!

i bet other console owners are claiming to to own a ps4 thats broke and its not the case

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Actually look at the numerous customers that had their reviews verified by Amazon (verified purchase). This is a serious issue and try to be in the shoes of those poor guys who are frustrated. I know exactly how they feel, since was an early adopter of the damned 360.