By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 failure reporting is completely overblown by opposing fanboys

tiffac said:
sales2099 said:
lol this is 2005 all over again. At first, everybody denied it and said it was isolated incidents.

Only if the failure rate reaches RRoD numbers. That we will have to see.

While that shouldn't be wished on anybody, part of me is curious to see how PS4 fans would react if hypothetically the moral show was on the other foot :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

While that shouldn't be wished on anybody, part of me is curious to see how PS4 fans would react if hypothetically the moral show was on the other foot :P

No point in even trying to hypothesize such event, PS4 is not a product of a software comapny.  

Well it isn't the best start. This is before we even get to see what happens when they heat up, and that is normally the biggest issue.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

I too have decided to take some time to find the validity of how bad this issue is.

I just did detailed look through at the PS4 forums for people stating HW issues. I have seen a number of new accounts that literally post the exact same words in regards to the issues, this tells me that there is a minor level of trolling. I would estimate that about 60-70% of the quoted issues are real and so far I have only counted about 20 real people with issues. If the sales are in the millions this actually bodes pretty well for Sony and does seem a bit overblown in the media.

I do prefer Sony over MS but only because of the games I prefer to play are with Sony. I am not a fanboy. Hopefully this does not snowball like the RROD since I eventually plan on getting a PS4.

On anther note, the most common issues seem to be the PS4 randomly ejecting discs or not reading discs correctly. Sony so far is stating that the issue should be resolved by re-installing the 1.5 update or perhaps with a newer update in the works.

Cuz its the internet everything is blown up. And I vet if just one x1 has issues all we will see is rrod2

Around the Network
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

No point in even trying to hypothesize such event, PS4 is not a product of a software comapny.  

Xbox 1 was more reliable then PS2. The ratio was nowhere close to 360/PS3 failure rate comparisons. Just saying, know your history.

Just saying out of science! Would be a nice social experiment.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Azerth said:
Cuz its the internet everything is blown up. And I vet if just one x1 has issues all we will see is rrod2

Already anticpating it.

mii-gamer said:
REDZONE said:
mii-gamer said:
the compaints in the playstation 4 support forums doesn't paint a good picture of what is to come in the next month or so.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/bd-p/22090

I am not attempting to spread FUD, just saying it ain't looking good from my point of view

Yup,seems you are attempting to spread FUD.IMO.How does this reflect on the nex mont or so?

How? Because I simple show a forum of 8 pages of people facing issues with the ps4, to demonstrate my concern. These issues aren't fabricated and some are serious.

Complaints are going to continue to grow once  more people get their hands on the console. You think it won't?  Even if is a small minority of PS4's issue will always be reported, it doesn't exaxtly help the ps4 does it.

As a consumer, I would never want to buy a faulty product, regardless if it is a recently launched product.

You do know that the average failure rate on new hardware at launch is 15%???????

so that means if Sony shipped 1 million then upto 150000 could be faulty. This is nothing new or anything to get excited about

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

Xbox 1 was more reliable then PS2. The ratio was nowhere close to 360/PS3 failure rate comparisons. Just saying, know your history.

Just saying out of science! Would be a nice social experiment.

overly doubt it, my old ass launch Ps2 still works.  they just sold so much more the same failure rate would be 10 times as much as the x1.

no great science there to experiment, when things go wrong people bitch piss and moen.  

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

43% failure wasn't a big deal for some person, who now took complete U turn on this incident.  Sony is a hardware company at first, and they have maintain quality for generations.