By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sometimes I wonder if MS is just trolling people with the X1

toadslayer72 said:
BTW, who the fuck is gonna be buying discs anymore anyway? You guys still rockin' the benzie box in your rides too, using a #2 pencil when the tape gets eaten? Beta tested in the future fuckers, a digital future XD XD XD

Speak for yourself!

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
On a positive note since most people are right handed it will make it easier for them to get the disc out since they no can use their dominant hand to get the disc out for me it will be harder since I'm left handed.

Almost 50 posts until someone actually thought about it. Not bad.

I'm left handed and I love watching all those right handed people bashing a change that would actually benefit them.

This is actually better for right handed people... It makes perfect sense... You hold the case with the left hand and pick the disc with the right... And the manual actually is put in the same opening direction than the box... Not really relevant changes if you ask me... But all in all if I had to chose a better way this one makes more sense to a righty living in a country where they right horizontally from left to right...

which brings me to a question I never asked myself until today... Do games today have different boxes in countries like Arabic speaking ones where they have a right to left written language...

Player2 said:
Chris Hu said:
On a positive note since most people are right handed it will make it easier for them to get the disc out since they no can use their dominant hand to get the disc out for me it will be harder since I'm left handed.

I'm left handed and I love watching all those right handed people bashing a change that would actually benefit them.

Saying this means the entire case making industry since the first CD cases has been wrong?

The human eye when opening a book is drawn to the right hand page because that is what you see first (usually the first page of a book will start on that page, culture permitting), opening a CD/DVD case is the same, we open from right to left, like a book, so the first thing our eyes are drawn to is the disc.

Also, surely you'd be crossing your hand getting the disc, which is wrong, the disc being on the right means it's easier to get with the right.

But this is an odd change regardless, the basic question 'why?' really should be 'why bother?'

Hmm, pie.

If it was on the right side people would complain that MS is copying PS3/PS4 cases now it is on the left side and is clearly a revolution in how we open our games cases and get out games out of the case. Ms brings us the future =p.

Honestly I want that phil spencer answer that question.

Around the Network

Are we sure someone has just put the covers in upside down @_@

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

The Fury said:
Player2 said:
Chris Hu said:

Saying this means the entire case making industry since the first CD cases has been wrong?

The human eye when opening a book is drawn to the right hand page because that is what you see first (usually the first page of a book will start on that page, culture permitting), opening a CD/DVD case is the same, we open from right to left, like a book, so the first thing our eyes are drawn to is the disc.

Also, surely you'd be crossing your hand getting the disc, which is wrong, the disc being on the right means it's easier to get with the right.

Now this could be clever from MS or they really have just changed it to be different in a stupid way.

That is important for things like ads in newspapers where you want to catch the attention of the reader, but it's pointless in a videogame box. If I buy a green plastic box that says Xbox One, Halo and Blu-ray I'm already expecting a disc inside. I doubt people will have problems finding it if it's on the left side.

To the people in thread that immediately jumped and accused me of making up issues for MS or just trying to hate on them for no reason, read the OP!!!

I don't think this is bad, I don't think this is an issue, I only think it is funny cause it's such a weird an unnecessary change. Really people have some humor, this is all not that serious.

kabamarutr said:
toadslayer72 said:
BTW, who the fuck is gonna be buying discs anymore anyway? You guys still rockin' the benzie box in your rides too, using a #2 pencil when the tape gets eaten? Beta tested in the future fuckers, a digital future XD XD XD

Speak for yourself!

agreed, digital only when games are coming in around 50+gb does not bode well with my 24mb internet connection and download cap.

Not even that but I intend on having more than 10 games this generation so wouldn't wanna be buying stacks of HDD's to store them on.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

As a left-handed gamer, I approve of this change

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~