By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sometimes I wonder if MS is just trolling people with the X1

It's so you have to turn the box upside down before lifting the disc out- which is more work but then microsoft are good at that. remember they put their profit and revenues before the needs of the consumer.

Around the Network
AlwaysRight said:
Preorder cancelled.

As a right-handed person I will not conform to this travesty.

Enjoy your left-handed console.

Look again it easier for right handed people you hold the case with your left hand and remove the disc with your right hand (dominant hand).  Versus the standard design of CD, DVD, and Blu-ray cases which actually favors south paws like me since you hold them with your right hand and remove the disc with the left hand (my dominant hand).

ManUtdFan said:

It's so you have to turn the box upside down before lifting the disc out- which is more work but then microsoft are good at that. remember they put their profit and revenues before the needs of the consumer.

So I asume that your a south paw like me then, because this design is actually easier for right handed people since they now can remove the disc with their right hand.

Nope the standard design of CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray cases favors left handed people since you hold the case with the right hand and open the case and remove the disc with your left hand.  The way books are in the western world also favors left handed people since you hold them in your right hand and turn pages with your left hand.

thismeintiel said:
Are they just trying to be different for the sake of being different, now? I do know you're going to have to be more careful putting the manual in, otherwise you're going to bend the pages. Well, unless you want to put them all in backwards. While not a huge deal, it's still a ridiculous and unnecessary change. Something that is going to be a little annoying, since EVERY single other case is the other way.

Since most new 360 and PS3 games don't have manuals anymore I doubt you have to worry about manuals for X1 games.  I'm sure that most PS4 games will not have manuals either.

Around the Network

looool MS make backward cases

ExistentialNihilist said:
looool MS make backward cases

haha bunch of losers