By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I get the PSP?

I want to get a portable game system. I don't know if I should get the PSP or not? Is it worth it? Will there be another one in a couple of years? I have a $290 credit at gamestop and have bought everything for the ps3 that I want. I could buy another controller and more games when they come out or I could get the ps3 daxter pack snd maybe one more game. Can you actually play psone games on it? I need help.  Also , I don't want a ds , I sold t to gamestop. Thats why my credit is so high.

PSN NAME : CommonCriminal

Now Playing : The Orange Box , Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

KH3 Bet :

"I, Badonkadonkhr, risk 1 week ban by claiming KH3 will be Sony exclusive, if I am found wrong, I will also start a thread praising those who were right"

Around the Network

i dont think it can play psone gmaes,but it does have a good library if you want one you should get it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Imagine taking a PS2, with a gimped controller, and playing it in a car, with 6-8 hour (i believe, but not sure) battery life.

If you like the idea of that, then go buy one.

From what people have told me, you can play any PS1 game on your PS3 (or in the drive) on your PSP.

But obviously, I do not have one, and I've only played other peoples so I really can't contribute that much.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It can play psone games through Remote play I believe. PSP to PS3 connection through broadband. Also psone games can be downloaded to the psp.

if you want really awesome classic game compilations on the go the psp is fantastic, seriously sega genesis collection, metal slug anthology, the capcom collections, all great,
it original game library I'm a little underwhelmed by Silent Hill Origins, Jeanne D'arc and Me and my katamari are the only original titles I've enjoyed so far
as far as ps1 games goes, with a custom firmwire you can play them, and there are a handful on the ps store, but I've never used them

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Yes , you should . It allready has a pretty awesome lineup , and the games are coming are fantastic : God of War CoO , Crisis Core , Patapon , Kingdom Hearts BBS , Dissidia ... seriously what can you want more . ALso , if battery is an issue , buy an official Sony 2400 Mah battery and youl be able to play 6- 8 hours with no issues :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Yes you should, if you want a handheld, but don't want the DS. That leaves you with few options :) The PSP also serves as a fantastic Media Device. So even if there are no games worth playing to you (although there are a ton xD), you can still get plenty of use out of your purchase, which to me makes it's Cost to Value ratio an absolute steal in my opinion.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I bought two PSPs - one at launch and one last year. I sold both of them. I just never got into it. I have a Sega Game Gear, a DS Lite and a Gameboy. The Gameboy is an original one and doesn't even turn on - the Game Gear works and I have a few cartridges. The DS Lite is sweet, and I have a few games, but I just don't have time for it as much as I like.

The PSP is cool because you can communicate with your PS3. And if you wanna just save your Gamestop duckies, buy one off craigslist for like $80-$95 used.

the battery life is more like 3-5 hrs...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Ishy said:
the battery life is more like 3-5 hrs...

For playing games I get like 3-6 hours depending on how taxing of the CPU the game is. (still a pretty sad battery life), however for listening to MP3's with the backlight off, you can easily get 16-18 hours out of it xD. But for playtime you only get 3-6

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.