By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I get the PSP?

nordlead said:

From what people have told me, you can play any PS1 game on your PS3 (or in the drive) on your PSP.

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I find remote playing PSone games is too laggy for anything other then RPG's. Final Fantasy VIII actually looks much better on the PSP screen than on my HDTV. 

Around the Network

I had one but didnt play it much since I have a family and only play games at night when everyone is asleep. I would rather play on a larger screen. But if you travel alot and like fiddleing with multimedia devices PSP is the way to go.

I almost have bought one a few times, but I'm still happy with my DS. Maybe when the psp 2 arrives(assuming they make one) I'll get one of those

I owned 3 PsPs, it was a great game system, but you feel like you already did most of the games beffore, i honesstly had a lot of fun, i would recomend GTA, daxter (mbey, get the silver PSP), both syphon filter (excellent), and God of war. those are some good starter games and make sure you get the warrenty, the biggest problem with them is they break reeally easily, i didnt haev enough money when i got my 3rd PSP from a warrenty replacement, my PSP slim silver broke in 26 days, and i couldnt return it to sony or the store, so get a protective case and the warrenty, or prepare to sell it for 60$ to gamestop.

For sure and you play PS1 games, either by downloading them of the store or remote play.

It's a great system and really good games are coming soon so I strongly recommend it.

Around the Network

I say buy it. The PSP has great games. It has just as many as the DS, in fact.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

and there is no way for the PSP to play PSOne gmaes, thats just fanbois making fun of its graphics, which are much better then the DS.

Riot Of The Blood said:
I say buy it. The PSP has great games. It has just as many as the DS, in fact.

Exactly, for some reason a lot of people thinks that the DS's library is so much better which isn't true.

McClarkles said:
and there is no way for the PSP to play PSOne gmaes, thats just fanbois making fun of its graphics, which are much better then the DS.

Fanboys eh?

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/12/18/play-all-ps1-games-on-your-psp-through-remote-play/

The PSP Slim is a solid purchase. Excellent build quality, excellent screen, surprisingly light in the hands, and there are plenty of superb games (Jeanne D'Arc, MGS Portable Ops, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, e.g.).

I've found myself using the multimedia capacities of the PSP more and more these days. I use it to play MP3s and podcasts - hook it up to your PC with a USB cable and you can store and play videos, photos, sound files, etc. (The PSP can only play a limited number of formats, but transcoding software is cheap and easy to use.)

Well worth the money.