By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will WiiU Have Any Exclusive Games Sell 10mil+ Lifetime? If So Name Which Games!

Mario the 2d one.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
probably Mario Kart. idk about Smash, making a 3DS version was a stupid idea.

They aren't really the same game at all though, just like the Mario Kart on 3DS and Mario Kart on Wii U aren't really the same game.

Opening sales may be hindered due to releasing at such close proximity, but Nintendo games have always been about the long game, and this will be no different.

I still expect Wii U sales to be absoulutely massive next year, easily greater than either the PS4 or One, so I'm not worried about console installbase ultimately. 10 million for both MK and Smash, +3D World and NSMB U if there are no follow up 3D or 2D Marios on the system.

DietSoap said:
MohammadBadir said:
probably Mario Kart. idk about Smash, making a 3DS version was a stupid idea.

They aren't really the same game at all though, just like the Mario Kart on 3DS and Mario Kart on Wii U aren't really the same game.

Opening sales may be hindered due to releasing at such close proximity, but Nintendo games have always been about the long game, and this will be no different.

I still expect Wii U sales to be absoulutely massive next year, easily greater than either the PS4 or One, so I'm not worried about console installbase ultimately. 10 million for both MK and Smash, +3D World and NSMB U if there are no follow up 3D or 2D Marios on the system.

The thing with Smash is, it's always been subjective whether the game sold the system, or the system sold the game. Brawl on the Wii didn't do monumentally better than Melee, the 3DS version of SSB4 will most likely be a big enough cure for the itch for those who don't have a Wii U.

I still think Melee was a bit of a fluke personally and benefitted from perfect timing during the GC launch window, had it been released between Mario Sunshine and MK Double Dash, I'm doubt the word of mouth would've been much different from the N64 game.

mario

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Mario Kart is the only one I can guarantee. Now that they've started bundling NSMBU, that'll get there, though I don't know whether it's a physical or digital bundle -- VGChartz might not track it.

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8, for sure. Smash Bros. possibly. New Zelda depending on what they do with it.

tetris HD

Very hard to answer. With Smash Bros going to 3DS too, the WiiU-version will lose majority of japanese sales. So it seems unlikely. But Smash is a title, that has an incredible attach-ratio. It got 7.7 million on GC, so around every third GC-owner had one. Besides the 3DS it seems good, it releases relatively early in lifetime.

The next candidate is Mario Kart. It sold always strongly, nearly 7 million on GC.

A true Wii Sports 3 could easily make this number. But Nintendo seems unwilling to do that.

If - and that is a big if - Just dance establish itself for next gen on WiiU, it might have a chance.

The last candidate on my list is WiiFitU. Both WiiFit for Wii sold over 20 million. As it was accompinied by expensive hardware, I think it might be possible to convert the customers to WiiU also. And old WiiFit-owners can use their balance-board and reduce costs for this game. So WiiFitU seems most likely to beat 10 million at this point.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Im going to be bold and say its a new IP that uses the GamePad in an incredible way that even critics will appreciate.

Just kidding, its probably Mario Kart and NSMBWU if that gets bundled with every WiiU.

Spam replaced by Irma