By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will WiiU Have Any Exclusive Games Sell 10mil+ Lifetime? If So Name Which Games!

oh yeah, what Sherlock said above and Nintendo Land

Around the Network

It will take a while, but i believe on WiiU seeling more than 35 mil units.

I would say:
NSMBU (It's a classic and bundled)
MK 8 (attach rate is really high)
Smash bros
Super Mario 3D

Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros U
Mario Galaxy 3(if it ever happens)

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

smash will be at 3ds also, i dont think they get 10 mil
if one, mario kart.
maybe nintendo land...
if they release a physical version of wii sports club, with the best of wii sport and resort, with new sports that use also the gamepad

begin very optmistic, mario kart, nintendo land and wii sports club.

tbone51 said:
Somini said:

No chance here. The console itself will just barely scrape by 20 million sold, MAYBE.

So no chance i'm afraid.

Funny thing is they can pull it off with the most titles of the big 3, problem is userbase!!! If Nintendo games were only on PS4 it be like 15 games over that 10mil mark

Wrong. On the PS4 it would be competiting with bigger IPs like BF, CoD, GTA, FIFA, Assassin's Creed, etc...

To answer the question, I'd say no.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Somini said:

No chance here. The console itself will just barely scrape by 20 million sold, MAYBE.

So no chance i'm afraid.

Funny thing is they can pull it off with the most titles of the big 3, problem is userbase!!! If Nintendo games were only on PS4 it be like 15 games over that 10mil mark

Wrong. On the PS4 it would be competiting with bigger IPs like BF, CoD, GTA, FIFA, Assassin's Creed, etc...

Are they bigger IPs because you like them more?

Mario Kart was the biggest IP in the PS3/360/Wii gen.

It will easily sell 10 Mio on Wii U.

Smash Bros and Mario World will sell about 10 Mio too.

NSMBU
Nintendo Land
A packaged version of Wii Sports Club
MK8
Possibly Mario 3D World and Wii Fit U
Highly unlikely but not impossible SSB4

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

marley said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Somini said:

So no chance i'm afraid.

Are they bigger IPs because you like them more?

To be fair, MKDS and MK Wii are the only iterations so far that have sold 15m+. Those IPs have consistently sold anywhere between 13m+ - 20m+.

I'm sure there's a lot of people who prefer Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy etc. to Gran Turismo, or Gears, Forza, Fable etc. to Halo. But to argue that they're bigger IPs than the latter is completely delusional.

But I personally maintain that MK8 will do 10m+.

Mario Kart 8 should do it easily.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.