By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will WiiU Have Any Exclusive Games Sell 10mil+ Lifetime? If So Name Which Games!

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
DevilRising said:
Mario Kart 8, for sure. Smash Bros. possibly. New Zelda depending on what they do with it.

i would like to know what you think they can do for it to do 10mil cause no game in the series has even come close to it except for TP and that was becasue it was on two systems.

As much as i agree with you, two systems didnt matter, GCN sold wat like 1mil? (ok thats alot but Wii version is the second highest sold with almost 7mil!). 

The only zelda game that has a chance imo of getting first place (not saying it'll hit 10mil) is A kink between worlds. Amazing game with hopefully japanese even buy up 2mil copies lifetime. It looks like a true Retro zelda experience made!!!

yup, thats the only one. IMHO WIi U isnt going to sell enough systems to ensure that Zelda gets 10mil, hell not even the two Zeldas on Wii came close and it had huge install bases.

Around the Network

Mario Kart will do it if each Wii U owner buys around 2-3 copies each.

Sensei said:
Mario Kart will do it if each Wii U owner buys around 2-3 copies each.

Yes because userbase will stay at 4mil -_- 

Why Do you even?

the usual suspects: nsmbu, mario kart 8, 3d world, smash bros. maybe others.

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
DevilRising said:
Mario Kart 8, for sure. Smash Bros. possibly. New Zelda depending on what they do with it.

i would like to know what you think they can do for it to do 10mil cause no game in the series has even come close to it except for TP and that was becasue it was on two systems.

As much as i agree with you, two systems didnt matter, GCN sold wat like 1mil? (ok thats alot but Wii version is the second highest sold with almost 7mil!). 

The only zelda game that has a chance imo of getting first place (not saying it'll hit 10mil) is A kink between worlds. Amazing game with hopefully japanese even buy up 2mil copies lifetime. It looks like a true Retro zelda experience made!!!

Indeed, the chances of it becoming the best-selling Zelda game makes me feel very kinky.

Sorry, that typo was just too good to ignore, carry on.

Around the Network

Life time?
I think NSMBU Has a good chance, since its bundled with the Wii U now.
Mario Kart? Maybe.

tbone51 said:
STRYKIE said:
MK8, and maybe a drastically revamped, properly advertised NSMB game that clearly wouldn't able be to be done on the 3DS/Wii.

I'm banking on the 3DS commanding SSB4 sales. The larger part of it's install base isn't gonna lose sleep over not being able to use a GC controller.

Pro controller

Wii u gamepad

Lawlight said:
marley said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Somini said:

No chance here. The console itself will just barely scrape by 20 million sold, MAYBE.

So no chance i'm afraid.

Funny thing is they can pull it off with the most titles of the big 3, problem is userbase!!! If Nintendo games were only on PS4 it be like 15 games over that 10mil mark

Wrong. On the PS4 it would be competiting with bigger IPs like BF, CoD, GTA, FIFA, Assassin's Creed, etc...

To answer the question, I'd say no.

Are they bigger IPs because you like them more?

They're bigger IPs because they sell more.

They sell more than what exactly?  I think you should double-check the game database.

Mnementh said:
Very hard to answer. With Smash Bros going to 3DS too, the WiiU-version will lose majority of japanese sales. So it seems unlikely. But Smash is a title, that has an incredible attach-ratio. It got 7.7 million on GC, so around every third GC-owner had one. Besides the 3DS it seems good, it releases relatively early in lifetime.

I don't know about that. I know that Japan loves it some portable gaming, but there is a lot going for the Wii U (see: main) version of Smash Bros. that the 3DS version simply will not have going for it. We'll see if that's enough to tip the balance in Japan. But outside of Japan, I have to believe that in the western markets, teh Wii U version will really help sell the system. People want HD graphics, people want what they would likely perceive (and rightly so) to be the superior version of the game. Beyond that, in NA specifically, sales for Smash have increased exponentially with every new iteration, with the sales for Brawl making up a vast majoirty of the total worldwide sales.

DevilRising said:

MK really depends on install base I think. The only MK games that sold 10m+ were both on huge install bases. If the Wii U sells better than the N64 I could see it happening, just because the Wii/DS iterations grew the franchise.

Smash probably will when you combine 3DS+WiiU sales, but I doubt the console version alone will sell that much.

The highest selling Zelda is at 7.5m, so for it to reach 10m I think they would have to completely change up the formula and hope that everyone loves it.