By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battlefield 4 comparison videos (Next Gen vs Current Gen and Xbox One vs PS4)

I made it a point of cover the 'which system' box and watching a long time until I was confident which one I thought was better. I honestly have to say I thought the Xbox One looked better. I understand it has better textures even with a lower rendering and upscaling.

That being said, they are pretty close and they both require extra funds for on-line play. But I would rather have feedback triggers (And yes, I have tried them.) to a touch pad.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

downloading

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

The ps4 single player is taking forever to download so I will give my impressions of the eurogamer x1 single player vs ps4 multiplayer.

Something for readers to know before I get into it.

I am viewing the videos with VLC player 2.8 connecting my macbook to my gaming 24" 1080p GPX TV via HDMI connection.

I am trying my best to be objective about this but I am pro xbox one coming in so I can't fully say bias doesn't play somewhere in my view (I hope I blocked it though)

I sat at the distance I usually play games at and even held my 360 controller in my hand to really get into it.

The blur on the ps4 (at least the multi player video) was non existent or minuscule to the point of not noticeable in fluent play.

I noticed the textures and lighting that seem to be easily noticeable in side by side images were just plain stupid to try to analyze whilst I was viewing individual videos filling my screen so it's hard to say what was better at it sense I was going off memory from what I saw it proved to be a minor issue.

The PS4 multiplayer DID look better. Not in the way you would think though. It looked fun with a lot of stuff happening everywhere explosions etc etc.

The X1's single player looked boring with a low action scripted storyline, but graphically, even though the multiplayer was all the elements of the game on full display the overall appeal in the x1 single player was better on an obvious level. it was fluent and crisp were as in comparison the ps4 multi player was bland and unstable. So I have to laugh at the idea that the multiplayer looked better graphically. it did look like more fun to play though.

Overall I did get the feeling from both videos that the visuals were pretty decent but I was still not that impressed. I know my little 360 put some games on my screen that looked better in the past..

When I was writing this the ps4 single player finished downloading so I will be right back with my impression of that.

Edit: Watched 12 mins of the ps4 clip, nothing to add, it looks like the xbox one version.............well yeah thats my take, based off this game....they are the same, pictures are stupid, all they prove is that the same game is running on different systems so random generated things will flip flop what system they look better on. Watching these from the comfort of my home rather than a hectic nerd environment I think My head is clear enough to make a rational comparison, it would be different if I had the contoller in my hand to controlthe characters though, that is a bonus.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Both versions look nice, but that PS4 MP is sweet.

Imaginedvl said:

I was watching this video and I'm glad to see that the resolution difference does not show up...

Things I noticed :

- The textures looks better on the Xbox One (at least in my oppinion).
- The lightning and reflection are better on the Xbox One (the underwater scene in the car is a good exemple).
- Finally the PS4 version seems to be bluried in some way.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/11/01/battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-current-gen

Based on my personnal taste, I'm very glad the Xbox One version looks better :)

Everyone : What's your opppinion (based on your personnal oppinion), please do not bash and try to be objective for a change...

Other source of videos :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-now-battlefield-4 (Andrespetmonkey)
http://www.youtube.com/user/jackfrags/videos (-CraZed-)

PS: If a mod can move this to the Gaming category :( I'm so used to post in MS forums that I forgot to select the right one.

Idk why you posted current gen vs next gen when Ign has a direct comparison video. Anyways, these videos aren't reliable, and people tend to see what they want to with them. The only thing that seems to be that apparent is more aliasing on the xbox one side. 

Around the Network

So, the PS4 is weaker than the PS3 confirmed?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

ethomaz said:

BF4 MP on PS4 looks better than BF4 SP on Xbone.

/thread

PS. The Xbone video from Eurogamer is terrible.

Right.

That's what Jack Frags said as well. And I've never heard anyone say he was a Sony fanboy

We all have opinions I guess. But how anyone could pick the lower resolution and more jaggies version as the better of the two is crazy to me

globalisateur said:
ethomaz said:

BF4 MP on PS4 looks better than BF4 SP on Xbone.

/thread

PS. The Xbone video from Eurogamer is terrible.

Ethomaz, please bear with me a moment:

- BF4 is technically better on PS4 Than XOne because 900p > 720p, framerates are better and PS4 is cheaper, hell even the developers said the PS4 controller is better than XOne's.

- PS4 BF4 on motion looks better than XOne's. (every reviewers said it, even DF implicitely said that the version to have was PS4's)

- MP on PS4 looks better than SP on XOne.

Here almost everybody agrees with you on those facts. Now we measured each others appendices and clearly saw which one (of consoles) was the most powerfull can we calmly talk objectively, without passion about a fact that is troubling some of us? (and particularly me as you can see I spam this forum with it! I want answers!).

BF4 on PS4 is anormaly blurry compared to ALL the others versions. That is now a fact. A lot of people noticed it, here, on neogaf, beyond3D, the guys at Digital foundry, some comments on IGN's video and Jackfrags, some of these guys are pro-XOne (as our OP apparently), some are not, some are in the middle.

The aformentioned IGN video showed just what ALL others footage already showed us in the first place and what Digital Foundy said first. Now we can now clearly see that BF4 on PS4 is on average as blurry as on PS3 and sometimes more blurry than the old PS3. It is an anomaly not explained by upscaling (because PS3 is upscaling too), not MLAA because MLAA just touch edge and not textures, not FXAA because FXAA doesn't blur so much already soft textures. It doesn't. And also becaue FXAA is also applied on XOne without removing details on textures.

The sharpening effect DOES NOT add details on XOne, if you compare closely with PC, you'll see that XOne have as much details in the textures than the 1080p PC just that the details on XOne are more contrasted, but the amount is the same.

But look closely at that comparison shot and why it seems that the 900p version of BF4 is more blurry and appars less detailed than a 600P-ish version? Yes the PS4 is at the right!

Now if you watch closely all previous footage and comparisons between PS4 and all the others ports, you'll see a "soft blur" everywhere on every image or videos of BF4 on PS4. this artificial blur unfortunately remove details and is clearly visible on screenshots and low-res videos. That is a big problem to face for PS4 with the perception of this game, and more generally of the PS4.

People do know that you can adjust Contrast, Gama, Color, Back Light, Brightness, ect. on TV's right?

The best thing anyone can do is go watch the eurogamer videos on the set they usually game on. Hell take them frame by frame and adjust the TV tell you find what pleases you the most. Any version can have whatever feel you want doing that. One thing will become very apparent though. No matter how much you tinker with the settings PS4 has the best image out of the three systems I have seen (PS3 Game, PS4 Video, XBO Video) whether it is in motion or shot for shot. All of these tiny over compressed crops from low quality videos do not give anywhere near an acurate picture of the true source material. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

The funny thing is that people actually need to take screenshots and look at the smallest detail to determine which version looks best :). It just goes to show that people don't really see a difference, its our personal preference that affects us in alot of ways.

Andrespetmonkey said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-now-battlefield-4

OP, link these pls. No shitty compression and 60FPS.

its upscaled video... XB1 footage is so dark that almost can't see anything in dark area, i don't think the final game will have such horrible dark scene and there is something wrong with some ground error effect very obvious on PS4 footage, also i don't think the final game will have that failure result...

so basically these videos are useless...