By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2013 Sign Up Thread!

For multiplatform games, should we write only the console we played it on, or all which were available day 1 / similar ports?

Like Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) which was completely similar to the PS2/Xbox versions, and
Resident Evil 4 (GCN/Wii) since it has completely new controls and released long after, yet I have only played it on the Wii?

Yep.

Around the Network
kekrot said:
For multiplatform games, should we write only the console we played it on, or all which were available day 1 / similar ports?

Like Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii) which was completely similar to the PS2/Xbox versions, and
Resident Evil 4 (GCN/Wii) since it has completely new controls and released long after, yet I have only played it on the Wii?

Good question. For me, I'm going to write down the consoles that I played the game on (including remakes, ports)

For example, Resident Evil 4 has been released on the following consoles (GCN, PS2, PC, Wii, Mobile [heh], PS3, X360) but I only played  it on GCN and Wii, so I'd put the following:

50. Resident Evil 4 (GCN/Wii)

It's fine if you want to include every console, but after a while it'd get annoying.

I'll sign up

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

kekrot said:

Take it from me, I actually did try to write down every single console that the games are available on in my last list. It was pretty ridiculous since games like, for example, the original Sonic the Hedgehog have been ported to and rereleased on just about everything over the course of twenty-two years, so including every console would look like:

#47: Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, GCN, PS2, Xbox, PC, PSP, Wii, PS3, X360, Mobile, DS, 3DS)

As fun as it was, I think this year I'll just stick to including the console(s) I played the game on. But hey, do what'chu wanna do, man.

Smeags said:
kekrot said:

Good question. For me, I'm going to write down the consoles that I played the game on (including remakes, ports)

For example, Resident Evil 4 has been released on the following consoles (GCN, PS2, PC, Wii, Mobile [heh], PS3, X360) but I only played  it on GCN and Wii, so I'd put the following:

50. Resident Evil 4 (GCN/Wii)

It's fine if you want to include every console, but after a while it'd get annoying.

I'm assuming the Gamecube and Wii versions get grouped with the others in overall votes?

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

I'm assuming the Gamecube and Wii versions get grouped with the others in overall votes?

Correct. At the end of the day we can have three different lists with the following:

List 1:

18. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Wii)

List 2:

32. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

List 3:

27. Resident Evil 4 HD (X360)

All three will be treated as the same game (which is why rules say to treat remakes/ports as the same game when creating your list).

Smeags said:
brendude13 said:

Correct. At the end of the day we can have three different lists with the following:

List 1:

List 2:

List 3:

All three will be treated as the same game (which is why rules say to treat remakes/ports as the same game when creating your list).

Ahh, ok. Thanks.

Smeags said:
brendude13 said:

List 1:

List 2:

List 3:

Alright, I'll just put the game with the platform I played it on, and then you group all of the same games regardless of platform. Sounds great, still working on my list.

Yep.

Sorry Smeags I wont participate this year, I have too much going in my real life to post that much daily but hope the best

I guess I will give it a try. I haven't done this before, so making a Top 50 list is going to be tough.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)