By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny vs. Titanfall - Which will be a bigger franchise?

Destiny - Creators of Halo

Titanfall - Creators of Call of Duty

Now both are new IPs with new publishers. The 2 biggest publishers in the world. Both require online connections. Both are cross-gen (their design is anchored down by current gen). Neither looks particularly great in the graphics department, although I would give Destiny a slight edge due to art style. 

Destiny looks like the next Halo.... Titanfall looks like COD with mechs.

This time around, the Halo developer Bungie is multiplatform while the former COD developer is exclusive (timed, most likely). Both will get HUGE marketing.

Destiny will be on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360... with exclusive content for PS4/PS3 and an advertising deal with Sony.

Titanfall will be on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.... with a PS4/PS3 release sometime down the road. Probably a year after it's released, like Mass Effect 2 and BioShock.

Which franchise will be more popular now? Which will sell more? Which will get better reviews? 

IMO they are both a little overhyped. Some have called Destiny a Halo/Borderlands mash up.... Titanfall is really only being hyped because its exclusive. Lets be honest, if it were multiplatform it wouldnt be getting nearly as much hype as it is. It's basically COD with mechs, and no single player or co-op. 

I know its crazy, but a lot of people actually play COD's campaigns. They were also critical in creating hype and "controversy" for COD, with edgy chapters that had an option to be skipped by players, and Michael Bay set pieces. 

Not having single player is going to hurt Titanfall a little bit. 

Around the Network

I can't hear you above the awesome sound of my Titan dropping down

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Probably Destiny, if only because it will be multiplatform. That said, Titanfall is likely to be bigger on the One, if only because it will be hyped as an exclusive and tap into the CoD market.

Love and tolerate.

I think they are both a bit overhyped, but I think Destiny will do better, mostly because it is launching on more than double the install base of Titanfall

There are still questions of how Destiny will actually be structured, I just don't understand how it is going to work.

Titanfall is more straightforward, even if it does have some sort of pseudo-single player mode, it is mostly just a multiplayer game

At the moment Destiny seems to have the richer story, and Bungie are really good at making games :). That said, destiny hasn´t impressed me much so far, while the gameplay of Titanfall is so new and refreshing.

Around the Network

Neither game has really impressed me yet. I do think Destiny will sell better though since it's reaching a broader audience.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I hope Destiny becaus eof Bungie but noo clue

I don't think TitanFall will be very big Destiny will be a way bigger

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Titanfall, cause Titanfall is being overhyped. Titanfall will only be as successful as the marketing dollars invested into it, thus being a huge franchise. Destiny however will be invested nicely into, but I feel like it'll be more a niche type of MMO than a popular one.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

PureDante said:
Titanfall, cause Titanfall is being overhyped. Titanfall will only be as successful as the marketing dollars invested into it, thus being a huge franchise. Destiny however will be invested nicely into, but I feel like it'll be more a niche type of MMO than a popular one.

destiny has even more pre-orders on xb1 if i'm not wrong and that with a mcuh later release.