By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny vs. Titanfall - Which will be a bigger franchise?

Destiny ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

I think Titanfall.

We haven't seen much of Destiny and the little bit we have seen wasn't anything amazing imo. In fact apart from the amazing graphics Destiny actually looked quite underwhelming.

Titanfall on the other hand looks to bring something new to the genre even if it is just a slight tweak on COD.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

PDF said:
If Titanfall was coming out for the PS4 I think the hype for the game grows not diminishes. It's not an exclusive hype, its a "this game looks freaking fun as hell" hype.

That being said Destiny has the leg up next gen at least for start being multiplat. It looks like a more interesting universe but a less fun game.

This is how I feel about Titanfall as well. It just looks so damn fun.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

9087 said:
Lets be honest, if it were multiplatform it wouldnt be getting nearly as much hype as it is. It's basically COD with mechs, and no single player or co-op. 

lul whut? The game would get far more hype if it were on the darling Sony console. The game is getting insane hype because it plays that good. And it's far more than "CoD with mechs".

I think titan fall will be bigger when it fully branches out, it might even outsell destiny being on fewer platforms. Hype is big in this game and titan fall isn't missing any hype. I expect Cod like pre orders by the time it's 1 month to release.

On a bias scale I prefer cod over halo......I defected from halo fandom when cod 4 came out.

Oh and like everyone has been saying, the part about titan fall being hyped because it's exclusive is utter nonsense. If you seen the demo of titan fall you know why it's hyped. It a legitimate fun looking game. If it were on the ps4 it would be more hyped, Sony fans are trying to downplay it because they know it's a legit game they would love to have, thats why so many people care about how long it will be exclusive because everybody wants it. It's a console moving kind of game from the looks of it, not seeing that from destiny.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network

Destiny due to it being on multiple consoles, and if they are smart, they'd release it on PC as well.

I am planning to get destiny in PS4 and titanfall in PC. IMO titanfall will become a bigger franchise. But I prefer destiny for its option to play solo.

Hard to tell from the footage we've seen, and I think it's unfair to judge by looking at the developer's history.

If I really needed to pick one of them then it would be Titanfall, looks more fun atm. (Sorry Bungie, I still love you!)

Destiny will be bigger starting off. Right now both the PS4 and Xbox One preorders are in the top 50 with 90k and 70k. Titanfall isn't in the top 50 so it's sitting below 50k which is the 50th place preorders.

After a couple iterations though, more people will get wind of Titanfall and the game will probably sell far more than future Destiny titles.

CGI-Quality said:
Salnax said:
Probably Destiny, if only because it will be multiplatform. That said, Titanfall is likely to be bigger on the One, if only because it will be hyped as an exclusive and tap into the CoD market.

Well, really, they're both multiplatform. Just that Destiny will have PS3/PS4, 360/X1, and PC releases, while TitanFall is, for now, locked to just three devices: 360/X1/PC.

OT: I imagine TitanFall starting off bigger, actually (if not for much of the hype alone), but Destiny will probably take the overall sales lead.

No Destiny on PC, Bungie is pussing out.