By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Dev: ‘We Have Just As Many Pre-order Numbers As PS4, Details Snapping Feature

cmeese47 said:
I just do not want to be lied to and I do not believe he is telling the truth.

I don't think he's lying. He may belive what he is saying, you know. Anyways a statement like this can mean so many things, that's why you can't really trust PR statements.

He could be refering to US numbers only, or the X1 pre-orders now compared to what the PS4 was when the announcement was made or he's talking about pre-orders made via GameStop/Game or or or... This is how PR works. Never specific.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
People must really be threatened by sales numbers to be rushing in here and playing it down.
Will sales numbers make your console more enjoyable?
Will X1 having the same or better sales than PS4 make the games any less good?

You guys are taking this stuff way too seriously.
The only thing you should worry about are the quality of games on the console you want to buy.

Hey tis great for MS. Its not going to make my PC games or Wii U games any less quality.

Good post and I definitely agree. Some of these guys act like they have stock. Like they are getting a cut of each console sold or something. Possible positive news=drop everything time to downplay. It's quite funny

You agree with a post breaking the rules? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170461&page=1#

He is calling out people and his post contributes nothing to discussion. Furthermore, the "down playing posts" are just as pointless as commenting on any other thread on this site with Lister's post being even more so

bubblegamer said:
cmeese47 said:

I don't think he's lying. He may belive what he is saying, you know. Anyways a statement like this can mean so many things, that's why you can't really trust PR statements.

He could be refering to US numbers only, or the X1 pre-orders now compared to what the PS4 was when the announcement was made or he's talking about pre-orders made via GameStop/Game or or or... This is how PR works. Never specific.

Yes, you really cant trust PR.  However, this isn't PR. This is an anonymous poster. Trust it even less so especially considering whatever this position this guy has in MS (if he even has one) wouldn't be concerned with these figures

40 country get 3 million units
and 13 countrys get 3 million units
problem?

estimates about 2 months ago would have both consoles at 2-3 mill units available at launch
problem?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Carl2291 said:
Sorry, but no. Im calling bullshit.

I literally got stuck at the bottom of page 1 for about 3 minutes because of your sig.

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:

I think this is my problem. I'm too old to take fools easily... that's why I say it how i see it.

This guy who stated this has already been seen to be an unreliable character, not only that he says he cannot say the numbers but its the same as Sony... the guy is a fool.

Do I think MS will do better than it was expected... yes. Do I expect the PS4 to outsell it.. certainly this year yes. Do I expect Sony to have more stock.. yes. Do I expect Sony to have at least the same if not more in the big countries.. yes.

Sony isnt stupid they knew when MS reduced the country count that MS were upping their allocation in the important countries. It's not like Sony will flood the smaller countries with stock, they will just provide enough to meet pre-order demand, which could be a few hundred thousand... get themselves a foothold and then flood USA/UK/Germany/France with stock. I mean Sony could have launched Japan this year but decided against it, because of this very reason.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Carl2291 said:
Sorry, but no. Im calling bullshit.

who is the girl on your signature?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

ListerOfSmeg said:
People must really be threatened by sales numbers to be rushing in here and playing it down.

The only thing you should worry about are the quality of games on the console you want to buy.

Hey tis great for MS. Its not going to make my PC games or Wii U games any less quality.

While I agree that sales have little to no effect on enjoying a console (unless it's a huge gap and one console has a hard time getting 3rd party support because of it). There is very little reason to believe this is true. Not only is it unlikely that a dev would know how many preorders the Xbox One has there is no way he knows how many Sony has. We have no evidence to suggest that what he is saying is true, and a good chunk of evidence to support him being wrong.

It's not really a huge deal, but it's certainly worth pointing out that this is probably false.

Normando said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

While I agree that sales have little to no effect on enjoying a console (unless it's a huge gap and one console has a hard time getting 3rd party support because of it). There is very little reason to believe this is true. Not only is it unlikely that a dev would know how many preorders the Xbox One has there is no way he knows how many Sony has. We have no evidence to suggest that what he is saying is true, and a good chunk of evidence to support him being wrong.

It's not really a huge deal, but it's certainly worth pointing out that this is probably false.

not only that but according to him they had just as many when Sony announced it.... back then MS was terribly behind.

brendude13 said:

"When I saw reports of Sony having a million or 1.5 million pre-orders for the PS4, I didn’t even think twice about it. We’re not disclosing pre-order numbers at the moment for accounting reasons but I know for a fact we have just as many. Don’t be bogged by published statistics. At the end of all this, what matters is the games you want to play."

Quickly evades the topic and moves it on to games, seems believable. I wonder what his definition of "just as many" is.

He didn't avoid the topic?  He answered it and then, shock horror, moved on to talking about games.  As a game dev. Incredible.

He is unlikely to be lying, he may be mistaken.  But he didn't avoid anything.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS