By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Dev: ‘We Have Just As Many Pre-order Numbers As PS4, Details Snapping Feature

Yah except every retailer has said xbone is behind

Around the Network

Both consoles are going to sell out, so does this even really matter???

Darth Tigris said:
Both consoles are going to sell out, so does this even really matter???

We are on a sales site, so...yea?

People must really be threatened by sales numbers to be rushing in here and playing it down.
Will sales numbers make your console more enjoyable?
Will X1 having the same or better sales than PS4 make the games any less good?

You guys are taking this stuff way too seriously.
The only thing you should worry about are the quality of games on the console you want to buy.

Hey tis great for MS. Its not going to make my PC games or Wii U games any less quality.

good news. I'm glad they changed their positions since E3 and I hope the Xbox One scucceeds now. Before, I was sure it was dead on arrival.

Around the Network
Raven722 said:
Machiavellian said:
Adinnieken said:
Raven722 said:
I'm going to call BS on this for a number of reasons. First, the fact that Microsoft has not officially announced any milestones yet. They would not have missed an opportunity to tell people that they too have well over 1 million pre-orders. It would have taken the edge off of Sony's perceived momentum. If it were true that these consoles were even I can't imagine MS staying quiet on it and letting a faceless Reddit user be the one to break the great news.

Second, both the pre-order numbers on VGChartz (accuracy debatable) and the "Best Sellers of 2013" archive on every Amazon website from North America to Europe show the PlayStation 4 as ahead so far this year and in some nations it is well ahead. So the two websites we can go to for any kind of sales numbers are showing the PlayStation 4 in the lead no matter which site we go to.

As for the rest, we know that the PS4 is selling out in countries while the Xbox One remains available. France and Germany are completely sold out of the PS4 for 2013 and Japan has gone through at least two waves of pre-orders and sold out lightning fast while not even having an X1 release date yet. Polls across the internet (barring fan sites) have consistently shown much higher support for the PS4 even though the image of the X1 has improved. Every piece of information we have available to us right now says that this one Reddit user is wrong.

I have no doubt that the X1 will successfully sell this year but to say with a straight face that it will match the PS4, with all things considered up to this point, really sounds more like PR than truth.

You'll find Microsoft has two Xbox One consoles on the best sellers list, not one.  The Xbox One Day One edition and the Xbox One standard edition.

What interest me when people talk about a pre-order is sold out, what does that mean if you do not know the number of actual units.  Is it a hundred, is it a thousand or 10 thousand.  Without any number of sold out units, saying that something is sold out means really nothing.

Also, no one knows how many shipments either Sony or MS can do before launch.  We can guess but really no one knows besides MS.

Because considering that France and Germany are big European markets, it's highly unlikely that Sony did not give them relatively large allocations. Sony is popular in Europe right now and you can be sure they want to keep it that way. Japan is also not going to be given only a handful of consoles considering that they alone contributed almost 10 million console sales of the PS3 out of its current 80 million. However, I am not saying that alone is sufficient. Which is why I pointed to other factors. Including my response to Adin's reply to about where X1 and PS4 stand with eachother on Amazon's Best Sellers of 2013 list.

What I am stating that without numbers we can only guess especially if we are using how many countries one company is doing over another.  If both MS and Sony has 2 million consoles to sell, Sony would need to divide them up between 32 while MS would do that in 12.  This also could mean that MS has more on stock for walk in then Sony.  Also if MS is launching to a smaller number of countries would mean they would have more preorder units to sell to the 12 countries.  Launching in more countries does not mean Sony has more supply to sell, it just means they have more countries to sell to.

Xenostar said:

im pretty sure sony will win week 1, being out a week earlier :P

Releases alingned...

I just do not want to be lied to and I do not believe he is telling the truth.

ListerOfSmeg said:
People must really be threatened by sales numbers to be rushing in here and playing it down.

The only thing you should worry about are the quality of games on the console you want to buy.

Hey tis great for MS. Its not going to make my PC games or Wii U games any less quality.

Good post and I definitely agree. Some of these guys act like they have stock. Like they are getting a cut of each console sold or something. Possible positive news=drop everything time to downplay. It's quite funny

the-pi-guy said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

Well,  this is a sales site.  Yes, people do take things too seriously, but in this case it is difficult to say how much truth there is to it and for several reasons.  I'm sure Xbox One has great pre order sales at this point, as I'm sure most people here would agree.  What most people disagree here though is that they feel that it is unlikely that they have as many pre-order numbers.

Actually its a gaming site that also happens to track sales, if it were just a sales site we wouldnt be able to talk about anything but sales. probably wouldnt even have a forum just a list of sales every week or month.. We have plenty of topics here that have nothing to do with sales. That doesnt really justify the attitude of many here who seem desperate to play it down. How will their pre order numbers impact your enjoyment of  PS4? Just answer that if you can. So what if they are lying? Sales are not what makes a console great. Are you saying that you will not enjoy your PS4 as much if its not the best selling console?

When you look at sales numbers for both the PS3 and 360 they are very close. Then add in the delays for some anticipated games for PS4 and I dont find it that hard to believe that MS has just as many pre orders considering their line up. I know I'd pick an X1 over a PS4 at this point and I hate MS.