By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Dev: ‘We Have Just As Many Pre-order Numbers As PS4, Details Snapping Feature

daredevil.shark said:

How come a dev know about pre order numbers? Recently all game devs have been taking sides of their console makers. My reaction to this news is this.

He's on the Xbox Dev Team.  Already been confirmed.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
What does accounting reasons mean?

They may be waiting disclose it when it's more appropriate.  No reason to get the cart before the horse and sound boastful.

Raven722 said:
I'm going to call BS on this for a number of reasons. First, the fact that Microsoft has not officially announced any milestones yet. They would not have missed an opportunity to tell people that they too have well over 1 million pre-orders. It would have taken the edge off of Sony's perceived momentum. If it were true that these consoles were even I can't imagine MS staying quiet on it and letting a faceless Reddit user be the one to break the great news.

Second, both the pre-order numbers on VGChartz (accuracy debatable) and the "Best Sellers of 2013" archive on every Amazon website from North America to Europe show the PlayStation 4 as ahead so far this year and in some nations it is well ahead. So the two websites we can go to for any kind of sales numbers are showing the PlayStation 4 in the lead no matter which site we go to.

As for the rest, we know that the PS4 is selling out in countries while the Xbox One remains available. France and Germany are completely sold out of the PS4 for 2013 and Japan has gone through at least two waves of pre-orders and sold out lightning fast while not even having an X1 release date yet. Polls across the internet (barring fan sites) have consistently shown much higher support for the PS4 even though the image of the X1 has improved. Every piece of information we have available to us right now says that this one Reddit user is wrong.

I have no doubt that the X1 will successfully sell this year but to say with a straight face that it will match the PS4, with all things considered up to this point, really sounds more like PR than truth.

You'll find Microsoft has two Xbox One consoles on the best sellers list, not one.  The Xbox One Day One edition and the Xbox One standard edition.

TimCliveroller said:
Why is this thread invaded by YOU guys? Yet again; and you expect people not to hate on you.

Question that didn't need to be asked really lol

Max King of the Wild said:
TimCliveroller said:
Why is this thread invaded by YOU guys? Yet again; and you expect people not to hate on you.

Who is "YOU guys?"

Careful, before you answer http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170461&page=1#

Things were quite booring in here for the last couple of days. I don't cope well with threats. 

SDF => bring it on. Incoming...

Moderated - Kresnik.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:
Raven722 said:
I'm going to call BS on this for a number of reasons. First, the fact that Microsoft has not officially announced any milestones yet. They would not have missed an opportunity to tell people that they too have well over 1 million pre-orders. It would have taken the edge off of Sony's perceived momentum. If it were true that these consoles were even I can't imagine MS staying quiet on it and letting a faceless Reddit user be the one to break the great news.

Second, both the pre-order numbers on VGChartz (accuracy debatable) and the "Best Sellers of 2013" archive on every Amazon website from North America to Europe show the PlayStation 4 as ahead so far this year and in some nations it is well ahead. So the two websites we can go to for any kind of sales numbers are showing the PlayStation 4 in the lead no matter which site we go to.

As for the rest, we know that the PS4 is selling out in countries while the Xbox One remains available. France and Germany are completely sold out of the PS4 for 2013 and Japan has gone through at least two waves of pre-orders and sold out lightning fast while not even having an X1 release date yet. Polls across the internet (barring fan sites) have consistently shown much higher support for the PS4 even though the image of the X1 has improved. Every piece of information we have available to us right now says that this one Reddit user is wrong.

I have no doubt that the X1 will successfully sell this year but to say with a straight face that it will match the PS4, with all things considered up to this point, really sounds more like PR than truth.

You'll find Microsoft has two Xbox One consoles on the best sellers list, not one.  The Xbox One Day One edition and the Xbox One standard edition.

Best Sellers of 2013 lists shows the PS4 Limited Edition, which sold out in June about a day after it was available), in 8th place with the X1 Day 1 Edition in 12th place. The X1 Standard Edition is in 95th place. It only recently broke the Top 100. The PS4 Standard Edition is currently sold out in 39th and has been in the Top 40 for some time now. Not only has the DualShock 4 been on that list for a long time, currently in 52nd place, to which the X1 Controller has never been on it but Watch Dogs for the PS4 is currently the only next gen title on the list either. In addition to that, the PS4 bundles with either BF4, Watch Dogs, or Killzone had achieved spots on the Top 100 list before they sold out and eventually dropped off.

Adinnieken said:
Raven722 said:

What interest me when people talk about a pre-order is sold out, what does that mean if you do not know the number of actual units.  Is it a hundred, is it a thousand or 10 thousand.  Without any number of sold out units, saying that something is sold out means really nothing.

Also, no one knows how many shipments either Sony or MS can do before launch.  We can guess but really no one knows besides MS.

Now I'm sure MSFT has gained preorder and are catching up quickly but at the time when PS4 was announced t be over 1m pre-orders im almost fosho that PS4 was ahead by a pretty decent margin. So I'm going to have to say this guy is full of it.

Machiavellian said:
Adinnieken said:
Raven722 said:

What interest me when people talk about a pre-order is sold out, what does that mean if you do not know the number of actual units.  Is it a hundred, is it a thousand or 10 thousand.  Without any number of sold out units, saying that something is sold out means really nothing.

Also, no one knows how many shipments either Sony or MS can do before launch.  We can guess but really no one knows besides MS.

Because considering that France and Germany are big European markets, it's highly unlikely that Sony did not give them relatively large allocations. Sony is popular in Europe right now and you can be sure they want to keep it that way. Japan is also not going to be given only a handful of consoles considering that they alone contributed almost 10 million console sales of the PS3 out of its current 80 million. However, I am not saying that alone is sufficient. Which is why I pointed to other factors. Including my response to Adin's reply to about where X1 and PS4 stand with eachother on Amazon's Best Sellers of 2013 list.

Machiavellian said:
Adinnieken said:

Well, you can kind of tell by what has placed around the system.  The launch PS4, for example, is only 2 spots down from GTA5 PS4, the best selling game for the year (only passed in the US by GTA5 360.)  On the other end of the spectrum, you have the standard One SKU.  And considering it is currently being outsold by a 3rd party Wii sensor bar, I doubt it has sold very much on Amazon so far this year.