By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Dev: ‘We Have Just As Many Pre-order Numbers As PS4, Details Snapping Feature

thismeintiel said:
Darth Tigris said:
Both consoles are going to sell out, so does this even really matter???

We are on a sales site, so...yea?

A SALES site, not a preorder site.  Both will be sold out this holiday.  Day one preorders are basically irrelevant when it comes to popular launch consoles.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Imaginedvl said:

While this is to take with a grain of salt (I mean the source :)).

I do not think it would be surprising to have both console very close in term of pre-orders at this point of time. Microsoft PR fiasco is behind and they did a lot of to fix that.

again you are talking about sony fans, geez.

and no, it would be surprising, because Sony is launching in 32 countries while MS is launching in just 13. meaning realistically sony has much more consoles ready for launch than MS. and since the PS4 is sold out most places it wouldnt make sense to say MS has the same number of pre-orders since MS have less consoles for launch. 

as carl said, im calling bullshit as well.

What difference does that make one way or the other? The reason MS is only launching in 13 countries has nothing to do with producing enough consoles, and everything to do with language support due to all of their voice features. They have already stated this.

For all any of us know MS does have just as many consoles ready for launch as Sony, but Sony's will be spread out over 32 countries instead of 13.

Regardless, both consoles are more than likely going to sell out at launch which means both MS and Sony will be happy, and the only people squabbling over things like this will be angry nerds on gaming forums like us.

If Sony could get some where close to a 1to1 in usa and uk I'd consider thata major win for them, and potentially gamers in general as it might lead to more parity in 3rd party support

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

TheSting said:
Normando said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
People must really be threatened by sales numbers to be rushing in here and playing it down.
Will sales numbers make your console more enjoyable?
Will X1 having the same or better sales than PS4 make the games any less good?

You guys are taking this stuff way too seriously.
The only thing you should worry about are the quality of games on the console you want to buy.

Hey tis great for MS. Its not going to make my PC games or Wii U games any less quality.

While I agree that sales have little to no effect on enjoying a console (unless it's a huge gap and one console has a hard time getting 3rd party support because of it). There is very little reason to believe this is true. Not only is it unlikely that a dev would know how many preorders the Xbox One has there is no way he knows how many Sony has. We have no evidence to suggest that what he is saying is true, and a good chunk of evidence to support him being wrong.

It's not really a huge deal, but it's certainly worth pointing out that this is probably false.

Why is it highly unlikely? Sony said a million+ seems to me we don't have evidence either way. Both are sold out at retailers but most are believing Sony because why exactly? 

So you're saying that we should put the same level of trust in some anonymous guy on reddit that we put in the President and Group CEO of SCEI when it comes to preorder numbers? Wow.

There's one big reason we know this is BS.  MS HASN'T announced it.  You know, the company that always loves to boast about their preorder numbers, as well as when games/systems reach significant milestones.  Right now, MS could do with ALL the positive PR they can get after the whole DRM debacle.  Pumping their chests about having preorders on par with Sony would be the exact thing they would want to do and would do.  Not to mention the fact that ALL the signs we have available point to the exact opposite being true.

Things are definitely going to get rough for this guy when 1st week sales are announced.

Darth Tigris said:
thismeintiel said:
Darth Tigris said:

A SALES site, not a preorder site.  Both will be sold out this holiday.  Day one preorders are basically irrelevant when it comes to popular launch consoles.

And preorders lead to sales, see?  Heck, I guess you think VGC should just stop publishing its preorder estimates, as well?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
TheSting said:
Normando said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
People must really be threatened by sales numbers to be rushing in here and playing it down.
Will sales numbers make your console more enjoyable?
Will X1 having the same or better sales than PS4 make the games any less good?

You guys are taking this stuff way too seriously.
The only thing you should worry about are the quality of games on the console you want to buy.

Hey tis great for MS. Its not going to make my PC games or Wii U games any less quality.

While I agree that sales have little to no effect on enjoying a console (unless it's a huge gap and one console has a hard time getting 3rd party support because of it). There is very little reason to believe this is true. Not only is it unlikely that a dev would know how many preorders the Xbox One has there is no way he knows how many Sony has. We have no evidence to suggest that what he is saying is true, and a good chunk of evidence to support him being wrong.

It's not really a huge deal, but it's certainly worth pointing out that this is probably false.

Why is it highly unlikely? Sony said a million+ seems to me we don't have evidence either way. Both are sold out at retailers but most are believing Sony because why exactly? 

So you're saying that we should put the same level of trust in some anonymous guy on reddit that we put in the President and Group CEO of SCEI when it comes to preorder numbers? Wow.

There's one big reason we know this is BS.  MS HASN'T announced it.  You know, the company that always loves to boast about their preorder numbers, as well as when games/systems reach significant milestones.  Right now, MS could do with ALL the positive PR they can get after the whole DRM debacle.  Pumping their chests about having preorders on par with Sony would be the exact thing they would want to do and would do.  Not to even mention the fact that ALL the signs we have available point to the exact opposite being true.

Things are definitely going to get rough for this guy when 1st week sales are announced.

So you believe EVERYTHING Sony says? Them not announcing means nothing at all. They haven't announced their pre orders at all so what does that mean? 

thismeintiel said:
Darth Tigris said:
thismeintiel said:
Darth Tigris said:

And preorders lead to sales, see?  Heck, I guess you think VGC should just stop publishing its preorder estimates, as well?

As much as all these numbers are totally wrong probably should.

TheSting said:
thismeintiel said:

There's one big reason we know this is BS.  MS HASN'T announced it.  You know, the company that always loves to boast about their preorder numbers, as well as when games/systems reach significant milestones.  Right now, MS could do with ALL the positive PR they can get after the whole DRM debacle.  Pumping their chests about having preorders on par with Sony would be the exact thing they would want to do and would do.  Not to even mention the fact that ALL the signs we have available point to the exact opposite being true.

So you believe EVERYTHING Sony says? Them not announcing means nothing at all. They haven't announced their pre orders at all so what does that mean? 

The fact that you insist on not believing a simple number from Sony, but would gobble up any "PR" put out by a random Reddit user (without even giving a number), tells me all I need to know about your stance on things.  This wasn't some typical PR statement that uses generic marketing terms that can be interpreted in different ways.  This is a specific statement that Sony had 1M+ preorders, so AT LEAST 1,000,001 preorders had been placed, by Aug 20th.  The fact that MS didn't say anything in response, which goes completely against their practices from this gen and of late, tells me all I need to know about their preorder situation at the time.

thismeintiel said:
TheSting said:
thismeintiel said:

The fact that you insist on not believing a simple number from Sony, but would gobble up any "PR" put out by a random Reddit user (without even giving a number), tells me all I need to know about your stance on things.  This wasn't some typical PR statement that uses generic marketing terms that can be interpreted in different ways.  This is a specific statement that Sony had 1M+ preorders, so AT LEAST 1,000,001 preorders had been placed, by Aug 20th.  The fact that MS didn't say anything in response, which goes completely against their practices from this gen and of late, tells me all I need to know about their preorder situation at the time.

The fact that you believe everything Sony tells you is all I need to know about your stance on things. MS hasn't stated what their numbers are. You are assuming lol. I didn't say I believed this guy at all. Since you are so sure they are mightily behind what are MS pre order numbers? 

Why would MS make an official announcement on how they are doing preorder wise versus the PS4? Do they just call up Sony and ask the receptionist how many preorders Sony currently has for the PS4? They don't get that information.

In the end, who cares. Preorders are meaningless. How many in this thread have already written the Xbone off next gen, and yet, according to preorders, it's on pace to outsell the 80+ million selling 360? I do find it funny that so many people need to downplay it though.