By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Dev: ‘We Have Just As Many Pre-order Numbers As PS4, Details Snapping Feature

Drakester said:
This is a lie, the Microsoft main shareholders have been holding talks of whether to sell off the Xbox division due to the fact it makes little to no profit and that the pre orders of the Xbox One are well below expectations. Sony has certainly won the pre order battle and most likely barring any major deal then the entire generation

You guys really should investigate this shareholder stuff.  You know there are shareholders in Sony camp that want them to sell the PS business.  Do you know that MS is a growth company and there isnt a shareholder with enough stock to make MS do anything.  As for Sony winning something, man you people are quick to proclaim any one of these corporations as winners when it will be years before anything is decided.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Lol, yea this is pure BS. MS ALWAYS talks preorders when it comes to their biggest exclusives, so if MS had even 1M preorders for the Xbox One they would be screaming it from the hilltops so as too look even with the PS4's sale performance. Then you also have the fact that one has only enough stock/preorders for 13 countries, while the other has enough for 31+ countries. Sorry, but that math doesn't add up.

I hope people stop listening to this guy, like they have started to do with misterxmedia, once the actual sales numbers come in.

There is no math. They'll both sell out at launch and MS is focusing on the bigger markets. We also have no clue on supply. More Xbox One's could actually be produced guys. You all pretend it's impossile.

Also, leave the seals alone. They've had enough Amazon club bashing. Those numbers mean very little and again hide supply.

kirby007 said:
40 country get 3 million units
and 13 countrys get 3 million units
problem?

estimates about 2 months ago would have both consoles at 2-3 mill units available at launch
problem?

I said something similar on the first page. It was ignored.

For seasoned gamers with the knowledge of the business, you'd think they'd know all consoles will sell out at launch. I also doubt supply is much different, though we could be wrong.

ironmanDX said:
thismeintiel said:

Lol, yea this is pure BS. MS ALWAYS talks preorders when it comes to their biggest exclusives, so if MS had even 1M preorders for the Xbox One they would be screaming it from the hilltops so as too look even with the PS4's sale performance. Then you also have the fact that one has only enough stock/preorders for 13 countries, while the other has enough for 31+ countries. Sorry, but that math doesn't add up.

I hope people stop listening to this guy, like they have started to do with misterxmedia, once the actual sales numbers come in.

There is no math. They'll both sell out at launch and MS is focusing on the bigger markets. We also have no clue on supply. More Xbox One's could actually be produced guys. You all pretend it's impossile.

Also, leave the seals alone. They've had enough Amazon club bashing. Those numbers mean very little and again hide supply.

Actually, it doesn't hide supply. If they both sell out, but one finishes higher, then obviously the higher one had more supply.  It also shows demand. If one finishes higher and sells out quicker, not only is there more supply, but there is also higher demand.  We also have the leaked Gamestop memo that points to this exact scenerio. Sorry, but you don't go from launching in 21 countries to just 13 because you have the same supply as the guy launching in 31 countries.

thismeintiel said:

Actually, it doesn't hide supply. If they both sell out, but one finishes higher, then obviously the higher one had more supply.  It also shows demand. If one finishes higher and sells out quicker, not only is there more supply, but there is also higher demand.  We also have the leaked Gamestop memo that points to this exact scenerio. Sorry, but you don't go from launching in 21 countries to just 13 because you have the same supply as the guy launching in 31 countries.

If it all sells out then demand was there to sell more...

Especially in the biggest markets. So yes, it's possible.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
thismeintiel said:

I would like to know how you guys continue to do that.  ALL the evidence (preorder positions, Gamestop memos, MS dropping from 21 countries to 13 because they obviously don't have enough supply for 21) points to one thing being the truth, yet you take the same info and somehow come to the exact opposite conclusion, that MS has the same supply as Sony, maybe more.  Like with TheSting, there's no point in continuing this conversation.

thismeintiel said:
ironmanDX said:
thismeintiel said:

I would like to know how you guys continue to do that.  ALL the evidence (preorder positions, Gamestop memos, MS dropping from 21 countries to 13 because they obviously don't have enough supply for 21) points to one thing being the truth, yet you take the same info and somehow come to the exact opposite conclusion, that MS has the same supply as Sony, maybe more.  Like with TheSting, there's no point in continuing this conversation.

Evidence? Hardly.

It's more like a connect the dots game but I do see your point. My point was it can't be completely ruled out. I said it's POSSIBLE. I didn't say MS had produced more or less. With all your evidence you actually know as little on the situation as everyone else here. We all have to wait for the official numbers. 

ironmanDX said:
thismeintiel said:
ironmanDX said:
thismeintiel said:

Evidence? Hardly.

It's more like a connect the dots game but I do see your point. My point was it can't be completely ruled out. I said it's POSSIBLE. I didn't say MS had produced more or less. With all your evidence you actually know as little on the situation as everyone else here. We all have to wait for the official numbers. 

I've been trying to say this. This dude tends to speak in absolutes. He doesn't know total numbers for either. He's assuming. Could be right but he could be wrong. In the OP the guy said they have just as maNY. Just as many to him could be less than 400,000. 

@ the 21->13issue it has been said its localization issues with kinect

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
@ the 21->13issue it has been said its localization issues with kinect

If this is true then when X1 does launch in these xountries then we should expect them to work as well as in every other country. Also, no country should have the same languages as countries that X1 is being launched in

(And in this very thread there was a huge conversation about believing PR)