By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Dev: ‘We Have Just As Many Pre-order Numbers As PS4, Details Snapping Feature

J_Allard said:
Why would MS make an official announcement on how they are doing preorder wise versus the PS4? Do they just call up Sony and ask the receptionist how many preorders Sony currently has for the PS4? They don't get that information.

In the end, who cares. Preorders are meaningless. How many in this thread have already written the Xbone off next gen, and yet, according to preorders, it's on pace to outsell the 80+ million selling 360? I do find it funny that so many people need to downplay it though.

What?

Around the Network
TheSting said:
thismeintiel said:

The fact that you insist on not believing a simple number from Sony, but would gobble up any "PR" put out by a random Reddit user (without even giving a number), tells me all I need to know about your stance on things.  This wasn't some typical PR statement that uses generic marketing terms that can be interpreted in different ways.  This is a specific statement that Sony had 1M+ preorders, so AT LEAST 1,000,001 preorders had been placed, by Aug 20th.  The fact that MS didn't say anything in response, which goes completely against their practices from this gen and of late, tells me all I need to know about their preorder situation at the time.

The fact that you believe everything Sony tells you is all I need to know about your stance on things. MS hasn't stated what their numbers are. You are assuming lol. I didn't say I believed this guy at all. Since you are so sure they are mightily behind what are MS pre order numbers? 

Lol, never said I believe everything Sony tells me.  But, I am going to believe them when they give a rather specific number.  One, that if they were proven to be lying, would not only give them bad publicity, but also make their investors lose all faith in them.  The interesting thing here, however, is that if MS did give out a statement stating they were roughly even with Sony, you would believe the 1M+ number.  But since it's only Sony giving numbers, it's probably just PR. 

This is a lie, the Microsoft main shareholders have been holding talks of whether to sell off the Xbox division due to the fact it makes little to no profit and that the pre orders of the Xbox One are well below expectations. Sony has certainly won the pre order battle and most likely barring any major deal then the entire generation

thismeintiel said:
TheSting said:
thismeintiel said:

The fact that you insist on not believing a simple number from Sony, but would gobble up any "PR" put out by a random Reddit user (without even giving a number), tells me all I need to know about your stance on things.  This wasn't some typical PR statement that uses generic marketing terms that can be interpreted in different ways.  This is a specific statement that Sony had 1M+ preorders, so AT LEAST 1,000,001 preorders had been placed, by Aug 20th.  The fact that MS didn't say anything in response, which goes completely against their practices from this gen and of late, tells me all I need to know about their preorder situation at the time.

The fact that you believe everything Sony tells you is all I need to know about your stance on things. MS hasn't stated what their numbers are. You are assuming lol. I didn't say I believed this guy at all. Since you are so sure they are mightily behind what are MS pre order numbers? 

Lol, never said I believe everything Sony tells me.  But, I am going to believe them when they give a rather specific number.  One, that if they were proven to be lying, would not only give them bad publicity, but also make their investors lose all faith in them.  The interesting thing here, however, is that if MS did give out a statement stating they were roughly even with Sony, you would believe the 1M+ number.  But since it's only Sony giving numbers, it's probably just PR. 

Oh noooooo don't even try that bullshit on me. Point out where I've said one bad word about Sony. I don't even go in their forum. Im not buying the console so I'm not like you. I don't downplay or jump in any of their forums unlike you. 

I dont believe him.

Just In France, there is 5 PS4 pre ordered for 1 Xbox One based on what revealed Micromania ( equivalent of Gameshop , the biggest video game shop in france)
Same for amazon.fr(but the PS4 is not in the bestseller anymore, dont know why, last time it was 14th in the top) and all the amazon in europe.
even australia has a massive preference for the PS4.
and the last time we checked, PS4 has almost 2 times more preorder than Xbox ONe in US ( 600 000 vs 350 000 )
and considering the fact PS4 will be launched everywhere in europe, it cant be.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Iam sure both consoles have over one million ordered.but how many of these people will really keep the console and not flip it on launch day. I bet 15 percent of pre orders will be resold on eBay both consoles

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

the-pi-guy said:
Kane1389 said:
J_Allard said:
Why would MS make an official announcement on how they are doing preorder wise versus the PS4? Do they just call up Sony and ask the receptionist how many preorders Sony currently has for the PS4? They don't get that information.

In the end, who cares. Preorders are meaningless. How many in this thread have already written the Xbone off next gen, and yet, according to preorders, it's on pace to outsell the 80+ million selling 360? I do find it funny that so many people need to downplay it though.

What?

Not as crazy as it sounds, pre-orders are a lot more prevalent right now than they were in 2005.  Xbox One has higher pre-orders [apparently] than the Xbox 360 did.  Not unbelievable in any way.  Only reason I put apparently in brackets is because I haven't heard anything aside from this. 

Well, the difference is that preorders are definitely going to be higher than in previous gens.  It's just much easier to place a preorder, now.  Every store does it now, not so in 2004/2005.  And online purchasing has grown quite a bit in the past decade.  So even if PS4/One has more preorders than there predecessors, they may end up selling short or just on par with them.  I don't expect that to happen to both of them, exactly, but you never know.

@ TheSting

I don't really need to look, as you have given a great example in this very thread.  You're downplaying 1M+ preorders, saying its most likely just PR talk and Sony could be lying about the number.  You also tried to insinuate that I believe every piece of PR, just because I believe that number.  I have to be honest, in all the forums/comments I have read, not even the most die hard of MS fans have questioned that number.  Some have tried to downplay it, saying its probably barely over 1M or its not the start of the gen that matters, but you are the first/only person to actually suggest Sony could be lying about that number.  There's no point in continuing a conversation with a person like that, so I won't.

Aerys said:

I dont believe him.

Just In France, there is 5 PS4 pre ordered for 1 Xbox One based on what revealed Micromania ( equivalent of Gameshop , the biggest video game shop in france)
Same for amazon.fr(but the PS4 is not in the bestseller anymore, dont know why, last time it was 14th in the top) and all the amazon in europe.
even australia has a massive preference for the PS4.
and the last time we checked, PS4 has almost 2 times more preorder than Xbox ONe in US ( 600 000 vs 350 000 )
and considering the fact PS4 will be launched everywhere in europe, it cant be.

I was looking on Amazon.fr the other day.  What the heck happened to the PS4?  Last time I checked I believe it was ~14th, like you suggest.  And I believe the One wasn't in the Top 50, yet.  Did they just wipe out their preorders and start over?

I know for a fact the entire first shipment of PS4s to New Zealand has sold out. No one who orders a PS4 today will get it until January or February. Every retailer still has Xb one day one bundles available. As objective information that suggests PS4 is well ahead of Xb one in pre-orders here. But we have no idea what each console's first shipment number is so could be that MS is shipping a lot more Xb one's here than Sony is shipping PS4s, but I doubt it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

the-pi-guy said:
Kane1389 said:
J_Allard said:

What?

Not as crazy as it sounds, pre-orders are a lot more prevalent right now than they were in 2005.  Xbox One has higher pre-orders [apparently] than the Xbox 360 did.  Not unbelievable in any way.  Only reason I put apparently in brackets is because I haven't heard anything aside from this. 

Really, I highly doubt that pre-orders will make any real difference 3 years from now.  Both consoles will be on the market for a long time and when all is said and done, who knows how things might shape up.  The only people that really care about preorders are fanboys who will wave that corporate banner jump up and down and proclaim some type of win for themselves and make pure ass out of themselves.  Its a constant process that never ends.