By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Leaked COD Ghosts Launch Trailer + Next Gen Graphical Features

curl-6 said:
eFKac said:
Did anyone count how many explosions. Gahere were in the first trailer?
I mean damn, Michael Bay would be proud.

I don't know, I just can't stomach CoD, not buying any until there is a WW2 version (for lack of any other WW2 shooters).

To think 7 years ago the industry was absolutely drowning in WW2 shooters, and now, they're virtually extinct.

They have beaten the horse until it was dead.

I mean 2 big WW2 games a year (MoH and CoD) plus Brothers in Arms for several years and people got fed up with it (not me though )

And the games were lower quality every year since Allied Assault and first CoD. They were really amazing games. CoD 2 was also great, 3 not so much. Next MoH games never reached the heights of AA, Breakthrough and Spearhead in my opinion. 

Still I wish we'll get a next gen WW2 shooter, with the new tech, the immersion could potentially be unparareled.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
Did anyone count how many explosions there were in the first trailer?

I don't know, I just can't stomach CoD, not buying any until there is a WW2 version (for lack of any other WW2 shooters).

Oh please no WW2-shooters. I hate killing Germans! Also mostly enemies don't actually talk German.

I adore shooting Germans, never gets boring

But I am absolutely open for a game from a German or Japanese soldier perspective. With story, and psychological aspect of the game taking a front seat, I would love that.

A polish guy that adores shooting Germans, I see... Karma -10 !!!

eFKac said:
curl-6 said:
eFKac said:
Did anyone count how many explosions. Gahere were in the first trailer?

To think 7 years ago the industry was absolutely drowning in WW2 shooters, and now, they're virtually extinct.

They have beaten the horse until it was dead.

I mean 2 big WW2 games a year (MoH and CoD) plus Brothers in Arms for several years and people got fed up with it (not me though )

And the games were lower quality every year since Allied Assault and first CoD. They were really amazing games. CoD 2 was also great, 3 not so much. Next MoH games never reached the heights of AA, Breakthrough and Spearhead in my opinion. 

Still I wish we'll get a next gen WW2 shooter, with the new tech, the immersion could potentially be unparareled.

I actually didn't think much of the first COD. World at War did really impress me though, with its very gritty, harsh depiction of WW2.

I would love to see WW2 shooters make a come back. I love WW2. Such an epic war, such atmosphere, so important. And it suits great as a setting for games.

walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
Did anyone count how many explosions there were in the first trailer?

Oh please no WW2-shooters. I hate killing Germans! Also mostly enemies don't actually talk German.

I adore shooting Germans, never gets boring

But I am absolutely open for a game from a German or Japanese soldier perspective. With story, and psychological aspect of the game taking a front seat, I would love that.

A polish guy that adores shooting Germans, I see... Karma -10 !!!

I knew you would pick that up :D

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Yep, that was definitely a Call of Duty game.

Though, I have to say, I much prefer Infinity Ward's single-player campaigns to Treyarch's. Black Ops 1 was an absolute clusterfuck nightmare with no redeeming features; while at least Modern Warfare 1 & 2 had some interesting set-pieces (I particularly liked the stand-off in the fast food restaurants in MW2).

So maybe this'll be more of the latter, who knows.

KylieDog said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I might get this when its cheap, I know people don't like to admit it, but the story in the cod games is actually pretty good.

I quote this post as evidence that the standards of youth has hit an all time low.

I quote this post as evidence that internet snobbery has hit an all time low.

Kresnik said:

Though, I have to say, I much prefer Infinity Ward's single-player campaigns to Treyarch's. Black Ops 1 was an absolute clusterfuck nightmare with no redeeming features; while at least Modern Warfare 1 & 2 had some interesting set-pieces (I particularly liked the stand-off in the fast food restaurants in MW2).

While I agree Black Ops 1 had a pretty crappy campaign, I thought MW2's sucked as well.

Treyarch's World at War and Black Ops II had the best campaigns so far, in my book, thanks to the former's gritty intensity and the latter's branching story paths and variety.

Kresnik said:

To be fair, Treyarch have been gradually improving their campaign modes the more time they get with the franchise. Black Ops 2 was actually pretty good. Compare how far they've come from the absolute crap that was CoD3, to WaW and then the two Black Ops games.

curl-6 said:

While I agree Black Ops 1 had a pretty crappy campaign, I thought MW2's sucked as well.

Treyarch's World at War and Black Ops II had the best campaigns so far, in my book, thanks to the former's gritty intensity and the latter's branching story paths and variety.

Like I say, it's just the set pieces of Modern Warfare 2 that elevated it well above Black Ops 1 for me.

That, and the fact it had at least some direction.  Not schizophrenically flashing all over the place with people yelling "MASON" at me.

The checkpointing was also terrible in Black Ops 1.  One mission in particular (towards the end, can't remember its name) where you had to put on the hazmat suit was just dreadful.  The whole section beginning in the tank right through to getting into the warehouse had 0 checkpoints.  So if you got a single crack in your gas mask, you'd have to restart from the tank unless you bombed it through the level before you got poisoned.

These issues honestly put me off giving Black Ops 2 a try.  I'm sure you're right and it is better; but better than "one of the worst single-player games I have played" isn't going to get the kind of money investment from me that BO2 currently costs :P

(I didn't much care for WaW's single player campaign either.  I mostly found myself getting bored and returning to Nazi zombies, because Nacht der Untoten is still the best map they've made for that)