By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just bought Xenoblade Chronicles for $63

Tagged games:

burninmylight said:
Well I'm not normally one to encourage piracy, but there is Dolphin. But if you do get a Wii U, there are still plenty of other awesome Wii games I'm sure you'd like (Muramasa, Sakura Wars, Arc Rise Fantasia) that would further validate your purchase.

You don't need to encourage piracy. He can use Dolphin with the dump of an original copy he bought.

Probably better upscaling than WiiU, although I never tried Dolphin.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Xen said:
Cheebee said:
sniper989 said:
ripped off lol its on the wii

Second one.

Look at some other posts.

Also, congrats on the game! I bought my Wii for it

If he's referring to the fact that I paid more than the original MSRP, then I did get ripped off!

Maybe he has us all fooled and he's the most insightful poster of them all. :P

And thanks! I plan to play every penny's worth when I start this game.

Galaki said:
ishiki said:

battle chants

This was awesome of the first time I saw it and it still is now. Just like Xenoblade.

Mnementh said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

How is it Nintendos fault what Gamestop sets the price of used games at?

It's their fault for not providing more copies like they're suppose to. That way I wouldn't have to buy an overpriced used copy and I can give Nintendo my money.

Still, I am at least grateful that I can play the game without having to blow off my whole wallet. So thanks GS (I guess).

If I remember right, Nintendo USA didn't publish the game, but some small publisher (was it XSeed?). Don't know for sure, as an european I don't care much.

Pretty sure it was NoA. If not.... whoops!

It feels like you europeans have everything better than us folks at NA. :(

Despite me not being a (for the most part) jRPG fan, I really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles. I certainly found faults with it (faults I find with most jRPGs), but that didn't deter me from sinking 150 hours into this great game.

Can't wait for X. ^_^

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:

It feels like you europeans have everything better than us folks at NA. :(

No, we still wait for SMT IV.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
think-man said:
burninmylight said:
think-man said:
Is WiiU multi region? If I imported this can I play it on my WiiU when I buy one?

Unfortunately, it is not. If you have a Wii though, it's super easy to softmod it to be region-free.

Uhh ok, half the reason I want a WiiU is so I can play this and the last story. I dont wanna have to buy a Wii and a WiiU :P

You should try Pandoras Tower over Last Story. And I'm not too happy with the upscaling of Wii-games on WiiU. A cheap Wii for Wii-games look like a better way to play them. Except that maybe the HDMI-connection to your TV might let it look better, or the internal upscaling of the TV is as bad as the one in the WiiU.

The upscaling isn't fantastic in the slightest but at the very least Wii games do look a tad better on Wii U. Especially the colours. If you have the option, definitely play your Wii games on a Wii U.

think-man said:
dahuman said:
think-man said:
burninmylight said:
think-man said:
Is WiiU multi region? If I imported this can I play it on my WiiU when I buy one?

Unfortunately, it is not. If you have a Wii though, it's super easy to softmod it to be region-free.

Uhh ok, half the reason I want a WiiU is so I can play this and the last story. I dont wanna have to buy a Wii and a WiiU :P

You live in New Zealand right? Wouldn't the EU copy work on your Wii U if you get a Wii U?

Didnt know it was released there, I've never seen it here EVER so I assumed it was only released in the US

Nah it released in PAL regions first, you can get the PAL version for really cheap as well.