By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Beyond: Two Souls reviews are up.. 73 on metacritic

Tagged games:

They need to just make these types of games on tablets/phones.

These games don't need a controller. if they were on a tablet/phone, then reviewers would praise the hell out of the game cause it would be better than any game available for them systems.

But since its on a console they compare it to other console games and then it gets into the "is it really a game" or more of a quick time event movie. Which is what basically most tablet games are, just quick time events.

These games are basically the evolution of point and click games, like Myst.

And games like Myst would not be critically acclaimed on consoles now, but would be on tablets.

So put these games on the systems they belong to.   or maybe "where they belong" is not the right sentiment. 

Put these games on systems where they will be appreciated.

Around the Network

It might get mediocre reviews and obviously it's an interactive movie but I'm interested in it because of the spiritual concept of soul travel/soul reading.

Pelit magazine is shit.

Take my love, take my land..

I have a feeling they spent most of the money on hiring those famous actors rather than making the game better.
I'll buy it anyways reviews can suck it, they're almost always wrong.

Demo was awesome, although i do see reviewers nagging (again) about it not being much of a game.

It deserves all the praise it can get just because it is different from anything mainstream. These developers have put all their heart into making the game as awesome as can be without knowing what will make it sell. Unlike the so-manieth FPS or GTA (clone).

Around the Network
Tigerlure said:
Meh the game just didn't look good to me in trailers. Looked like a game from 2010 instead of 2013.

Did u play the demo? Isnt it a bit harsh to judge graphics from trailers? And i mean for every game. Yes Beyond got a demo and by playing it myself i can see its pretty much a finished product demo. Everything runs smooth, the characters even in game and not in cutscenes look real! Ive said it again and this is in my opinion the most realistic graphics ive seen so far on a console. I dare u to see the forest section! i urge ppl that have the chance to try it.

Ppl say that its not a game, its a movie/ an interactive on rails story experience and such. Heavy rain was mercilesly slammed for the same reason. Yet it was a success.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
It might get mediocre reviews and obviously it's an interactive movie but I'm interested in it because of the spiritual concept of soul travel/soul reading.

People call it an "interactive movie" like that's a bad thing. Never has been. Besides, I've always wondered what people think video games are? You press buttons, you get prompts, you move the character (Vdeo Game Design 101, might I add, they're hardly ever called "interactive movies" there). All different variations of the same basic principle.

In the case of Quantic games it might not be a bad thing. They're so outright, outspoken interactive movies that they're not trying to fool anyone. They're so outspoken to be in the borderland between games and movies that I respect them for it, I can accept it. I can see the purpose.

But to say in general that all games are interactive movies, and that that's okay, that I don't agree with. Some games are inspired by movies, obviously, but there's not a general rule that says that games must have anything in common with movies.

You describe the interactive part of gaming. Yeah, you press buttons. But the movie part of gaming is entirely different. Movies aren't interactive. And on the other end, not all games have to get influence from movies (story, presentation, passive deliverance of the artistic creation etc).

I'm wondering what these reviewers who just call it an "interactive movie" and dismiss it as not a real game think of The Walking Dead game. I mean they play very similarly (love them both and platinumed them both) but for some reason (I'm thinking the IP and exclusivity) Heavy Rain was slammed way more than Walking Dead for its interactiveness.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

It's quantic dream, no worries.

Plaed the game. Early copy. I givenit a 7/10. It's pretty decent. After 2-3 hours, the QTE will get very annoying. Just as annoying as switching on and off the iron boots in Zelda Ocarina of Time.