By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Beyond: Two Souls reviews are up.. 73 on metacritic

Tagged games:

Why do people with no interest in interactive stories keep commenting on games that are as if it's automatically a bad thing? It's aimed at a certain crowd that enjoys it (HEavy Rain was awesome), go plat GTA and blow crap up.

Now I don't know how good this game is or not, never had a chance to try the demo yet.

Around the Network
geddie221 said:
Plaed the game. Early copy. I givenit a 7/10. It's pretty decent. After 2-3 hours, the QTE will get very annoying. Just as annoying as switching on and off the iron boots in Zelda Ocarina of Time.

You played the whole game? really?? 

platformmaster918 said:
I'm wondering what these reviewers who just call it an "interactive movie" and dismiss it as not a real game think of The Walking Dead game. I mean they play very similarly (love them both and platinumed them both) but for some reason (I'm thinking the IP and exclusivity) Heavy Rain was slammed way more than Walking Dead for its interactiveness.

The problem I had with the Walking Dead was that the gameplay was soooooooo limited that it just wasn't fun. At least the Heavy Rain had some open areas to explore and more control over your characters. I never felt like I was really controlling Lee in a gameplay perspective.

In fact, I found many bits of the controls in the Walking Dead actively bad, but maybe I was just expecting too much after so many fantastic reviews

One of the few Sony exclusives I don't care to play

Munkeh111 said:
platformmaster918 said:
I'm wondering what these reviewers who just call it an "interactive movie" and dismiss it as not a real game think of The Walking Dead game. I mean they play very similarly (love them both and platinumed them both) but for some reason (I'm thinking the IP and exclusivity) Heavy Rain was slammed way more than Walking Dead for its interactiveness.

The problem I had with the Walking Dead was that the gameplay was soooooooo limited that it just wasn't fun. At least the Heavy Rain had some open areas to explore and more control over your characters. I never felt like I was really controlling Lee in a gameplay perspective.

In fact, I found many bits of the controls in the Walking Dead actively bad, but maybe I was just expecting too much after so many fantastic reviews

I don't like it as much as Heavy Rain myself.  I played through both recently, Heavy Rain because I always like to play the games by a dev if the spiritual successor is about to come out and Walking Dead to get hyped for the season finale (a show I only watch because my friends do honestly lol), and I agree.  Heavy Rain adapts so much more to your decsisions too.  The endings change so much more and the results throughout the story are a lot more diversified.  In TWD it's either character A gets shot in a scene or character B gets shot in the exact same scene.  You really don't change the story much.  Ironic because TWD makes a special note about how much things change at the beginning of each episode.  Heavy Rain is super diversified in endings.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

To me it's like Heavy Rain, it all depends on the amount of effort you put into the game. If you just go from point A to B and don't look around and experience it, I don't think its as fulfilling. Part of it is about exploring the rooms/area, trying different things.

I love just experiencing the world and the objects within it.

The only negative form the demo was that the controls in certain areas of the game were clunky, but I think the same for Heavy Rain to be honest..

I just dont think it will review well on the whole.... but I hope that doesnt stop people enjoying it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
To me it's like Heavy Rain, it all depends on the amount of effort you put into the game. If you just go from point A to B and don't look around and experience it, I don't think its as fulfilling. Part of it is about exploring the rooms/area, trying different things.

The only negative form the demo was that the controls in certain areas of the game were clunky, but I think the same for Heavy Rain to be honest..

I just dont think it will review well on the whole.... but I hope that doesnt stop people enjoying it.

To me this is NOT a video game.

platformmaster918 said:
Munkeh111 said:

I don't like it as much as Heavy Rain myself.  I played through both recently, Heavy Rain because I always like to play the games by a dev if the spiritual successor is about to come out and Walking Dead to get hyped for the season finale (a show I only watch because my friends do honestly lol), and I agree.  Heavy Rain adapts so much more to your decsisions too.  The endings change so much more and the results throughout the story are a lot more diversified.  In TWD it's either character A gets shot in a scene or character B gets shot in the exact same scene.  You really don't change the story much.  Ironic because TWD makes a special note about how much things change at the beginning of each episode.  Heavy Rain is super diversified in endings.

Not only are the scenes interchangable, but they go to the same place as in, they will both die or be removed.... None of your choices really matter and that is what ruined it for me. In Heavy Rain, not only do your choices matter, but your ability matters which to me makes it more than just an interactive movie AND different from pretty much every game I have played

Munkeh111 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Not only are the scenes interchangable, but they go to the same place as in, they will both die or be removed.... None of your choices really matter and that is what ruined it for me. In Heavy Rain, not only do your choices matter, but your ability matters which to me makes it more than just an interactive movie AND different from pretty much every game I have played

agreed I love Heavy Rain easily in my top 10 this gen.  Can't wait for Beyond.  I didn't play the demo for spoiling purposes but everyone says they loved it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

irstupid said:
Madword said:

To me this is NOT a video game.

Good for you. Unfortunatly, you are completely wrong. Also, why even enter the thread?