By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Beyond: Two Souls reviews are up.. 73 on metacritic

Tagged games:

irstupid said:
Madword said:
To me it's like Heavy Rain, it all depends on the amount of effort you put into the game. If you just go from point A to B and don't look around and experience it, I don't think its as fulfilling. Part of it is about exploring the rooms/area, trying different things.

I love just experiencing the world and the objects within it.

The only negative form the demo was that the controls in certain areas of the game were clunky, but I think the same for Heavy Rain to be honest..

I just dont think it will review well on the whole.... but I hope that doesnt stop people enjoying it.

To me this is NOT a video game.

You must hate point and click games then, you're missing out on one of the best genres.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Farsala said:
That is to bad. So far 2 holiday PS3 games have been reviewed mediocrely. GT6 might end up the same way. All the focus on PS4 I guess. And of course there is The Last of Us that lead the pack this year.

It's one review. Good grief, some of you make me worry.

One review of 68. The Last of Us has only one review below 75. Heavy Rain has only 3 below 70. Going by The Last of Us scores it would already be highly unlikely that it would score as well as The Last of Us. And honestly The Last of Us has a great score and drove massive SW and HW sales. Just to bad that Beyond Two Souls will probably not do the same.

Farsala said:

One review of 68. The Last of Us has only one review below 75. Heavy Rain has only 3 below 70. Going by The Last of Us scores it would already be highly unlikely that it would score as well as The Last of Us. And honestly The Last of Us has a great score and drove massive SW and HW sales. Just to bad that Beyond Two Souls will probably not do the same.

Ive seen it being heavily marketed but other than that this is a niche game and shouldnt be expected to do those kinds of numbers. nor will the critics be as kind being that its very niche and some will just be completely turned off by the concept

Max King of the Wild said:
Farsala said:

Ive seen it being heavily marketed but other than that this is a niche game and shouldnt be expected to do those kinds of numbers. nor will the critics be as kind being that its very niche and some will just be completely turned off by the concept

Definitely not expecting it to do amazing numbers. But like Puppeteer was hoping it would be a nice minor boost like infamous or something. Puppeteer seems to be going the Starhawk route. Beyond 2 souls still has a good chance to help though.

CGI-Quality said:
Farsala said:
CGI-Quality said:
Farsala said:
That is to bad. So far 2 holiday PS3 games have been reviewed mediocrely. GT6 might end up the same way. All the focus on PS4 I guess. And of course there is The Last of Us that lead the pack this year.

It's one review. Good grief, some of you make me worry.

You missed the point. Just because it has one review of 68 doesn't mean it's "reviewed mediocrely". Actually, looking at it again, your post helps what I'm saying.

You also missed the point. Another example is Diablo 3 for PS3 with no reviews below 70. Yet it has an 86 metacritic. 68 does not look good for it. I was personally hoping it would be an 90+ game so that it could push HW and SW. One review does not decide it all but it can greatly affect the metacrtitic.

Around the Network

Looks like that 92 I predicted will be way off. I fell for the hype on the internet instead of thinking about it.

CGI-Quality said:
Farsala said:
CGI-Quality said:
Farsala said:

You missed the point. Just because it has one review of 68 doesn't mean it's "reviewed mediocrely". Actually, looking at it again, your post helps what I'm saying.

You also missed the point. Another example is Diablo 3 for PS3 with no reviews below 70. Yet it has an 86 metacritic. 68 does not look good for it. I was personally hoping it would be an 90+ game so that it could push HW and SW. One review does not decide it all but it can greatly affect the metacrtitic.

I didn't miss your point at all. You're jumping to conclusions based on one review.

I am not denying that... As a fan of these games it is just disappointing that it will not help push HW and SW as much as I liked. Will not stop me from getting it though.

CGI-Quality said:
Farsala said:
CGI-Quality said:
Farsala said:

I didn't miss your point at all. You're jumping to conclusions based on one review.

I am not denying that... As a fan of these games it is just disappointing that it will not help push HW and SW as much as I liked. Will not stop me from getting it though.

Games at the tail end of a gen rarely will push any hardware. A game, in a particularly niche genre, most definitely won't move hardware. Only PS3 game doing that in the Fall is GT6.

As for software, again, you're jumping to conclusions. Only one review and there's no way to know how much they will impact sales (although in this case, I'd be a little more flexible with your view, given it's entirely possible that they, will and this isn't a big sequel in a stapled franchise). However, my overall point remains.

Your point may stand, but my point cannot be simply dismissed. One review can affect the whole metascore.

CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Looks like that 92 I predicted will be way off. I fell for the hype on the internet instead of thinking about it.

Thinking about what? Internet hype hardly ever translates into a substantially high Meta score. 

Exactly? I fell for the hype from what people were saying about the demo etc.... and the game looks really good. 

Farsala said:

GT6? lol no way man,that game will not end up the same way.