By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Beyond: Two Souls reviews are up.. 73 on metacritic

Tagged games:

Euphoria14 said:
JustThatGamer said:
Captain_Tom said:

It is the best looking PS3 game by far.  No debate.  It just is. 

It just isn't though. There's 4 games on PS3 that look more impressive even with their gameplay focused nature. I won't post pictures or say what games since that will derail this thread.

The only thing impressive about Beyond: Two Souls' visuals is the characters faces, just the faces though because if you look at the top of Jodies head and her body it's fairly low-res with visisble polygon edges and the textures aren't geat, then there's the environments which are nothing special. I don't think the lighting is great either, not bad but not impressive.

I do the honors then since I am pretty sure I have played the games you would have mentioned, which I am sure (2) of the (4) are God of War titles.

God of War 3 does looks phenomenal, but not as good as Beyond.

The Last of Us does not look as good as Beyond.

God of War Ascension does not look as good as Beyond.

#4 is a wild card, but maybe a Killzone title?

Anyways, I have played them all, plus I am playing Beyond and I can tell you it is the best looking game to date.

Have you played Beyond? Whether you think it is just the faces or not (Which is isn't), the facial animations, effects, lighting, etc... all make the game stand out. It truly is a beautiful game.

Also, those eyes! I can't believe how well they made the eyes.

I know the eyes are probably the best I have seen in any game on any platform.  I can't wait to see what they accomplish with the PS4!  They say it is something completely new, so I hope they try there hands at a real action game...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Btw, I'm floored by how the PS3 is sending off the visuals. 

It's insane they pulled that off on a PS3. Just imagine what they will do with the PS4...

I'm around 5 hours in.. will possibly make a thoughts topic once I finish it.

The graphics on the characters are indeed insane. However the environments do not stack up against some other titles. Try walking around on the snow sections and you'll see the absence of footsteps within the snow most of the time and in general: it feels like there's some subtle stuff missing and I personally feel a lot of the areas are inconsistent, similar to Heavy Rain. It is still amazingly good looking though.

Hell the characters are on class and possibly even better than the PRE-RENDERD scenes of TLOU/UC3. Its really impressive.

I personally find TLOU and UC3 to be better looking for the attention to detail. Climbing a sand dune and hunting a deer in UC3/TLOU had some ridicilous detail but Beyond is absolutely 100% a worthy contender and I can see anyone arguing its the best visuals on the console just as I can see the same for God of War Ascension.

TLOU, UC3, Beyond and GoWA are all winners.

Still buying it.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

EdHieron said:
Wright said:
EdHieron said:

Yeah, "Puppeteer" should have received a 91, and if it had been an XBLA game it would have.

You ignored that 79 of Gears of War, didn't you? :)

I already talked about the first one and the fact that it was in actuality no better than an 84 or 85.  I didn't feel any need to point out that Judgement was scored 10 points too high as well.

I find hilarious that all 360 exclusive games are overrated in your opinion, yet all ps3 exclusive games are underrated. I think you *might* be a bit biased. You know, just a bit.

I'm dropping the conversation now :P

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Alright, after two chapters in, I'll give a brief update:

Graphically, this has no 7th gen equal. These are the most impressive character models and indoor environments I've seen from this era. Period. Ellen Page is eerily lifelike. It's almost like watching a real person! The characters challenge even the best looking PC games, and that' saying a lot! Of course, it's not 100% perfect, jagged shadows and some aliasing can mar the spectacle. But, these instances are few and far between, you really have to see it to understand!

The game-play is.....different. I'm enjoying it so far, more than I expected. The paranormal elemnts are as intriguing as they can be comcial. Knocking things ovver just for the sake of it never gets old!

I'll update as I go through more, but it's similar to Heavy Rain and as fresh a concept as I've played. The game-play, to me, is more varied and even more unique than Heavy Rain, too.

Almost as if they Mo-Capped a real actor for this game...

My review on Beyond Two Souls (SPOILER FREE) => http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169986

CGI-Quality said:
Aldro said:

My review on Beyond Two Souls (SPOILER FREE) => http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169986

Funnily enough, I mostly agree with your visuals section (except that I still give 3EYOND the overall nod). It's the environments and character models that are just unparalled, but attention to detail is something Naughty Dog has not been topped in. ;)

Keep playing! There are some parts where it dips a tad. A rather.. open part so to speak. Feels like Red Dead, you cant miss it XD Just take a look at the ground at times. Feels more low-res probably due to you actually being able to go around a bit (even if there are invisible walls).

(Also for reference: I really didnt like that part both story and gameplay wise xD)

But um, there are also some insanely good looking areas. My god, some of the parts just look photo realistic or whatever you call it. Was in pure awe at several moments.

CGI-Quality said:
Aldro said:

Keep playing! There are some parts where it dips a tad. A rather.. open part so to speak. Feels like Red Dead, you cant miss it XD Just take a look at the ground at times. Feels more low-res probably due to you actually being able to go around a bit (even if there are invisible walls).

(Also for reference: I really didnt like that part both story and gameplay wise xD)

But um, there are also some insanely good looking areas. My god, some of the parts just look photo realistic or whatever you call it. Was in pure awe at several moments.

Which is why nothing, quite, tops it for me this gen. 

Completely understandable :)