By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Nobody gains from console exclusivity,' says Sony's dev relations boss

I have to laugh at some of these comments. Now exclusives are bad because Sony is lacking in them?
Sorry but do you really think TLOU would have looked as good if it was MP? No.
Exclusives use the hardware to its fullest. Time isn't wasted programing for the lowest spec system. Time isn't wasted making the game run on more than 1 platform. These consoles do not all work the same so its not like they make 1 game and then push a button and its running on 3-5 platforms.
What I get from this is Sony is desperate atm. Why else would you try to suggest that exclusives are a bad thing? Its only bad when you don't have any. That is something Sony is good about doing. If they don't have it, its not worth it, if they have it, its the most important aspect of gaming.

Around the Network

There are times where exclusive make more money than they do multiplatform lol

Regardless this guy is being quoted from something he said to Indie Devs (he's taking shots at microsofts time exclusivity thing)

So he's telling them to put their games on the Playstations.

does anyone else feel like he is really saying

"we don't have the funds we used to to money hat devs, so hopefully microsoft doesn't do it to us lol"

Its kinda a shame that people started moneyhatting^

They shoulda let people come to them to see if they'd produce stuff

So, God of War for the Xbox One and Little Big Planet Kinect confirmed.

And I dismissed them as silly rumors.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Oh Wright i see what you did there...

He is talking about INDIES Developers.

He is talking about indies, which is understandable of course.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Galaki said:
He's right. Imagine how much more Super Mario 3D World will sell if it's on PS4.

Imagine how much less hardware Nintendo would sell and how much less royalties they would get.

Max King of the Wild said:

No, at a particular point logic has to step in here.

You're right, at a particular point logic has to step in to help avoid a higher exec to say such things.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

hurrrrrrr than put killzoan on xbawx than

Do people really not understand what he's saying?