By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Nobody gains from console exclusivity,' says Sony's dev relations boss

Zero999 said:

said the company who only got the sucess of ps and ps2 thanks to many third party exclusives.

man your comments are pure gold. they make no sense, but they are still pure cold. 

now back that up will ya  

Around the Network

I still dont know why you have the Pokemon Sunday Japanese Hitler in drag as your avatar

bananaking21 said:
Zero999 said:

said the company who only got the sucess of ps and ps2 thanks to many third party exclusives.

man your comments are pure gold. they make no sense, but they are still pure cold. 

now back that up will ya  

He can't do that he's out there buying Wii Us so his prediction comes true

Nem said:

He is just trying to charm up 3rd parties.

Sony is the only company that isnt making any partnerships for 3rd party exclusives. Though we have heard they helped Capcom with Deep Down, im unsure if its not just rumors.

He knows exclusives are important and there is clearly someone who gains from them. The consumer and therefore the developer/publisher.

The consumer gains from exclusivity? The developer gains from exclusivity? I don't think so, only the hardware company gains from exclusivity. You think Rockstar would have gained from having GTA IV, RDR and GTAV exclusive to one platform? You think EA would be better off with Madden and Fifa exclusive to one platform? You think the Saints Row franchise would do better if it was on one platform only? You think Bayonetta 2 is going to be better off only being on Wii U?

The guy is fundamentally right, it's odd so many people are trying to find a way to criticise him by taking him out of context and suggesting he meant 1st party exclusives. You've got to consider the audience he was talking to, and that's indies. So the context he's talking in is 3rd party devs, and small ones at that. And for indies being on multiple platforms is where they all, more or less, want to end up.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

bananaking21 said:
Zero999 said:

now back that up will ya  

Nah the PS2 sold so well because of some magic potion made by Kaz Hirai.

Around the Network

Everyone here knows that he really meant just indies, so we can stop trying to argue that point. It still doesn't change the point he made. Console exclusives only help the console manufacturer and not the gamers or developers. In this case he really wanted to land that message to the developers that he was addressing. To these developers, he was really saying - please don't take that bag of money from M$, as it won't help you in the long run.

IDK, something tells me if indie developers didn't benefit from these deals they sign with Sony/MS, they'd stop doing them. Maybe this guy has forgotten that a bulk of Sony's exclusives announced thus far are indie titles.

Little Big Planet Kinect Edition confirmed.

cheesecake said:
bananaking21 said:
Zero999 said:

now back that up will ya  

ohh a remake thats trying to be funny instead of an actual counter arguement, who would have thought i would get that hmm. well i guess thats the only thing you can resort to when you are trying to back up a fasle losing argument.

bananaking21 said:
cheesecake said:
bananaking21 said:
Zero999 said:

now back that up will ya  

ohh a remake thats trying to be funny instead of an actual counter arguement, who would have thought i would get that hmm. well i guess thats the only thing you can resort to when you are trying to back up a fasle losing argument.

be honest with me here, you think the PSX/2 would've sold as it would have without all of these exclusives like Final Fantasy, GTA and MGS?