By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Nobody gains from console exclusivity,' says Sony's dev relations boss

Sounds like he is tryin to convince developers that its in their interest to go multiplatform. Can this be a strategy to get more devs onboard by getting a once exclusive title ported over to PS4/V?

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network
AIAS said:
Xen said:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm yeah if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all.

And don't forget to release Infamous SS on XB1 and Wii U while you're at it.

This!

Huh... it's fun to look at posts that you made while drunk... I guess the drunk me has no reading comprehension.

menx64 said:
He is talking about indies, which is understandable of course.

So then this is about Nintendo?  Because they got quite a bit of indie games coming exclusive to PC and the 3DS/Wii U

"Console exclusivity stopped being a good thing when we stopped getting Monster Hunter and GTA exclusives on our handhelds, and Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid exclusives on our consoles."

He wants the PS2 era back

Around the Network

Well, he's right. The console market is no longer the 1 console dominated fiasco as previous generations. PS1 and PS2 era, they won so convincingly that releasing on them and only them made sense. Come 7th gen, it's evenly split, to maximise profits from a development, you release to as many people as possible, so 200 million people instead of 70million.

For any 3rd party in today's market, indie or not, it would be silly to not release on as many formats as they can, if they want to stay in business. However personal relationships and 'cash' incentives can get in the way. If developers are more successful, they stay in business which means a healthier industry.

Hmm, pie.

MDMAlliance said:
menx64 said:

So then this is about Nintendo?  Because they got quite a bit of indie games coming exclusive to PC and the 3DS/Wii U

So, they're not exclusive to Nintendo then?

Lawlight said:
MDMAlliance said:
menx64 said:

Well dis is about consoles, so it is in a way exclusive in terms of console.

MDMAlliance said:
Lawlight said:
MDMAlliance said:
menx64 said:

I see... It's not about consoles only (not sure why you said that) but that's ok.

What games are you talking about anyway?

Lawlight said:
MDMAlliance said:

I see... It's not about consoles only (not sure why you said that) but that's ok.

What games are you talking about anyway?

I was mostly thinking about this since these trailers came out recently:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/videos?tag_id=UCGIY_O-8vW4rfX98KlMkvRg.3.indiecade&view=46&sort=dd&shelf_index=1

Though I was just making a suggestion, really.  I wasn't actually saying I believed that's what's going on here.