By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Nobody gains from console exclusivity,' says Sony's dev relations boss

Does this mean we can have Everyone has gone to the Rapture, Helldivers and Rime on PC?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

What a load of BS. The SOLE reason why PS2 killed every other console out there is because they had so many exclusives.

I really, really, really hope people understand that he's not talking about games that have been developed or funded by the console manufacturer themselves.

zarx said:
Does this mean we can have Everyone has gone to the Rapture, Helldivers and Rime on PC?

More than likely, unless they were funded by Sony.  From what I understand, most of the indie games that Sony has shown off are limited exclusives in exchange for increased exposure.  Of course, after that period is over, it will be up to the developers, though I imagine most will go to PC.

pokoko said:
I really, really, really hope people understand that he's not talking about games that have been developed or funded by the console manufacturer themselves.

This.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
zarx said:

More than likely, unless they were funded by Sony.  From what I understand, most of the indie games that Sony has shown off are limited exclusives in exchange for increased exposure.  Of course, after that period is over, it will be up to the developers, though I imagine most will go to PC.

Nopes, those are Sony published so they are exclusives.

Lawlight said:
pokoko said:
zarx said:

That by itself doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Payday was published by Sony on both the PS3 and PC.  Mass Effect was published by Microsoft.

Actually, it looks like Rapture was funded by Sony.  Not sure about the other two.

pokoko said:
Lawlight said:
pokoko said:
zarx said:

That by itself doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Payday was published by Sony on both the PS3 and PC.  Mass Effect was published by Microsoft.

Actually, it looks like Rapture was funded by Sony.  Not sure about the other two.

That was Sony Online Entertainment - they develop primarily PC games like Planetside.

pokoko said:

This 100x

After reading this thread, I find it sad that there are so many people who can't read lol. What he said was very easy to understand and I want to believe those comments are from people who didn't read. Wishful thinking I am sure

i dont see him complaining about all the exclusive indies or deep down only coming to the ps4. sounds more like he wants something the x1, wiiu, or pc have that isnt on the ps4