By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is dumb for not making POKEMON U

Tagged games:

Pokemon U?

Yes! 55 61.80%

No! 34 38.20%

Total:89

This has to happen, yes, GameFreak and Nintendo are dumb for not even considering this. Saying nonsense like "Pokemon was made to play on the go, hence the name 'Pocket Monsters'" is a dumb reason, and it's no excuse to not make full RPG game for consoles. Saying it won't sell is bogus, because the Gamecube games weren't developed to the scale or ambition of the handheld games. An MMO would not be a good idea, but what would be the problem if they made a full 3D environment open-world RPG? It would be costly, but if marketed right, and if they had it tailor made for a console (still communicating with friends with other Wii U consoles), then it would sell a lot, guaranteed.

No, I don't count the console RPG games they made so far as actually trying to do something like this. They were destined to not sell well.

Around the Network

its the pokemony company you should blame not nintendo.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:

lots of people dont even kno this lol

they will make pokemon u so EA would make game for wii u.... fail XD

tbone51 said:
kljesta64 said:

lots of people dont even kno this lol

soon people will blame nintendo for world war 3

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Pokemon MMO would be perfect.
Make it FREEmimum and Nintendo will watch the dough roll in.

It's just that simple.

Wont happen ^

Nintendo dont screw like that,

Have you ever considered this: Maybe, just maybe, Gamefreak, the developers, just don't want to make home console Pokemon games.

Perhaps that's a design choice they like to stick to and Nintendo doesn't want to screw around with that by forcing the devs into a territory they don't want to go in. Not to mention, Gamefreak is already busy churning out yearly portable pokemon games to have time for console releases.

Yes they could have other devs making console Pokemon games, but they've already tried before and its not the same without Gamefreak.

I find this weird also, since I think Nintendo would try everything to make Wii U success..I think they tried Pokemon on N64 or GC.

Take my love, take my land..

A smartly concieved Pokemon MMORPG would work wonders for Wii U